Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Fun With Photo Editing

Memphis, TN

We came from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1069600/ and are starting a new thread as the last one was getting pretty long.

Here's my backyard a week ago after the snow storm ---- which finally melted away today, just in time for tonight's snow.....

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Very snowy Miss Mary. Thanks for starting the new thread!

Dewy Daff here ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

What's that at the bottom right? Looks like my Montauk Daisy sprouts.

Great Daffodil!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Bottom right is Sedum "Autumn Joy" beginning its emergence for the year.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

I like them both!

The Reality...

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

The Fantasy...

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Memphis, TN

WaterCan, that's adorable -- what a Valentine picture!

I love how Topaz made the snowflakes look in this one. Camellia buds with snow.

Memphis, TN

I just realized I changed the name of our thread -- AND FORGOT TO NUMBER IT -- when I started a new one! Okay, the next time we change, someone pick up where we should have been, okay (#23)?

Anyway, here's the broom on the back steps after catching a few flakes today. Maybe I should hit myself over the head with it.....

This message was edited Feb 15, 2010 7:26 PM

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Great job of photo editing, WaterCan, with very sweet result ... Miss Mary, that broom is really cool ...

And here's an orchid fantasy ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

How FUN!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Water can the heart shape formed by their necks is great.
Mary the snow looks line goose down.
Jubi love the layering on this one. The shadow is great on the wood background.

Memphis, TN

TAR, have you been working on your next masterpiece?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

No I have working on my family tree and planting seeds. LOL

Memphis, TN

I'm always working on my family tree -- 34 years now. I just got a new scanner and hope to get it going so I can (finally) start working on restoring some more old family photos. I've learned a lot from you and the others in this thread in the last few months and am eager to get going on the photos again.

Memphis, TN

A very icy plant from a couple of days ago. It was right in the path of the drip when the snow melted off of the roof but it was in the 20s still, so it froze -- drop by drop -- as it hit.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Spring, anyone?

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

I'll take a slice of that Spring goodie you're offering -- how soon can you send it?

Memphis, TN

A poor little Robin with an injured leg in my neighbor's yard today....

As soon as I tossed it a little suet cake piece, it hopped down and gobbled it up, so I guess it's not hurt too badly.

Memphis, TN

Grackle Cathedral

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Miss Mary, that's very clever! Very interesting -- it does look like a stained glass window!

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

HMM I love your Grackle Cathedral. How do I learn how to do that?

Memphis, TN

I used the Topaz plug-ins with Photoshop (topazlabs.com/). I can't remember which filter it was now. I think maybe it was Topaz Clean. I spazzed out the settings and came up with that.

Here's another one I used Topaz on, but just to fine-tune it. I reduced the noise and then manually did some more noise reduction. The moon was so pretty this afternoon. I couldn't believe the craters actually showed up in My photo.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Nice job Mary

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Thanks for the info HMM, I am an old dog learning new tricks;-D, just got a computer 2 years ago and I love it, so much to learn, so much fun. Then last year got a digital camera which is so awesome, I always had a good eye for photography but couldn't afford the film and developing.

Memphis, TN

TAR, that's quite a mix of subject matters! What is the stuff in the layer "behind" the kitty?

Mcash70, I am so glad digital cameras got invented! People sometimes tell me what a good photographer I am and I think, if only you knew how many I took to get that one good one! The film and developing expenses of yesteryear were way too pricey ...... and you were always at the mercy of the developer and hoping for your pics to "turn out". Sheeeeesh!

Memphis, TN

I think this little Robin is wondering, as am I, why the Jonquils (that began to push up in December) are still growing in this cold weather. It sure looks like a Spring-y picture but it was in the low thirties when I snapped this one.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Mushrooms

Evansdale, IA(Zone 4b)

I found this free photo plug in that removes part of the color from the photo, I have been having fun with it.

Thumbnail by Edaleputt
Memphis, TN

That's great! What plug-in are you using?

Evansdale, IA(Zone 4b)

When you go to the web page it says it is a plug in for PSP or Photoshop, I have both PSP and Photoshop Elements, but I use this as a stand alone little program, easy to use and really fun.

http://www.indii.org/software/tintii

Thumbnail by Edaleputt
Memphis, TN

Keeping an eye on his kingdom lest any sparrows get out of hand....

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Edale Thanks tried it and is pretty neat.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Evansdale, IA(Zone 4b)

That looks really cool TA! Love the purple.

Lily

Memphis, TN

Good one, TAR. Edaleputt, I haven't checked out the website yet but it seems like it must be an easy tool to use. I love finding new gadgets to play with.

Memphis, TN

A bird singing in my tree today.

Evansdale, IA(Zone 4b)

Nice photo Mary!

The birds around here are singing a bit more so that must mean spring is on the way.

Lily

Memphis, TN

The same is happening here -- it started about 2 or 3 days ago. I hope you're right!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Using Tintii to get rid of the blue unnatural coloring.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Memphis, TN

Sometimes that's tricky, TAR. When I go back through my photos from the 70s, there's almost always an unnatural tint of some sort that defies correction. Good job and, as always, cute picture.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I haven't been to DG much in the last year or so. Only a handful of times. But I am very happy to see that you are on the 23rd update of this theme of photo-editing, because I'm the one who started it years ago. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/678648/

You all have been having a lot of fun with it, I can tell. Me too. I have been helping my friends with restoring old photos that have been abused over the years. Here are a couple of examples.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2010 11:57 AM

Thumbnail by nap

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.