Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Gardeners in the White House: Google "Whitehouse garden"

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardeners in the White House
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardeners in the White HouseReplies: 1, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
OkeeDon
Okeechobee, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 15, 2010
5:59 PM

Post #7561327

Google "Whitehouse garden" and you will see articles, images and videos of the organic Whitehouse garden planted by Michelle Obama last March, almost a year ago.

I'm disappointed in the apparently politically motivated lead-in to this otherwise fine article.
jamieos
Ridgefield, CT

February 15, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #7561358

There is no earthly reason for the White House to have an organic garden on the totality of the land around it for propaganda purposes. First of all, the garden would have to be planted and cared for by a garden STAFF, paid for by the already overburdened taxpayers. If they want organic vegetables then they should patronize one or all of the fine local organic truck gardens in the DC area or sponsor one or more regular green markets in season. Second, the ground around the White House is no doubt so polluted from chemicals added to make green lawns that the WH inhabitants would likely suffer poisoning from any product of said land. The business of the inhabitants of the WH is to take care of federal business, not to grow vegetables. We are no longer an agrarian society and it futile to pretend it is. I no longer grow vegetables; I grow flowers which are food for the soul, and if I want local organic vegetables there's a once-a-week farmers' market in my town.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardeners in the White House Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Well Done! darius 12 Feb 15, 2010 12:08 PM
Nice Job! catmom1 0 Jan 20, 2009 7:33 PM
Really enjoyable! Sundownr 1 Jan 23, 2009 3:50 AM
Gardening is fine.. Noturf 0 Jan 26, 2009 1:15 PM
Photo Op Garden Ozark 4 Feb 15, 2010 4:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America