Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Apple Cider Vinegar: Great article

Communities > Forums > Article: Apple Cider Vinegar
bookmark
Forum: Article: Apple Cider VinegarReplies: 10, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2010
1:34 PM

Post #7563592

At my last job, my coworker and I read an article about apple cider vinegar and weightloss. We mixed a couple tablespoons with water and drank that once in the morning and once before we left for the day. We did lose some weight but not sure if it was due to dieting or the apple cider vinegar. We didn't want to snack on anything after a dose of that stuff that's for sure.
Rose
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #7563917

Hi Rose, good to see you again.

I have to laugh, sometimes I wonder if all that apple cider vinegar I consumed for all those years might have kept me from growing!

Thank you...hope you are staying warm up there.
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #7564223

Thanks Sharran -- I heard they closed the dirt road racing there and we never even got a chance to check it out. I think it was in Calvert City.

The cider vinegar I felt helped with joint pain.
Rose
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
6:07 PM

Post #7564262

That race track has been the subject of multiple controversies...but if it ever reopens, and if you ever get down here, you must let me know! I'm only a hop and a skip away.
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #7564322

That would be great. The gentleman who built our cabin had been trying to get us to that track for awhile but when we get down there, I'm so busy working in the garden, there's no energy to go out at night LOL. There's another track in Paducah that is on our list of things to do. Take care and I hope you're having a little warmer weather than we are in Chicago.
Rose
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7564362

Coincidence here, but my son lives in Chicago...North Aurora.
I'm there a lot.

So is your cabin on one of the lakes?

roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2010
5:22 AM

Post #7565892

What a small world. So you must travel north on I57 when you visit? How does he like living here versus KY?

Our cabin is not on the lake but its not far from it. We're right off 68 at the High Ridge Resort property near Beleus(sp). I know the owner of Town & Country Marina; we used to work together. We don't have a boat but maybe someday LOL... after we win the lottery! I love it so much there if I could find work, I would never come back to Chicago except to visit family. I'm very happy just going to Walmart, working in the garden and sitting on the porch. The birds there are fascinating. The blue birds, hawks, eagles, finches, cardinals, bluejays, woodpeckers, turkeys. The hummingbirds fly around our heads while we working outside. and if I ever thought in my life that I would have the pleasure of seeing a hummingbird right in front of my face, I would think I had died and gone to heaven.

Rose
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7566736

Sure do travel I57.
Last time I went by Amtrak, though, cheaper and fun, too. And it took less time than driving.

roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2010
8:04 PM

Post #7567186

Where is the train station in KY? I would have to catch it in downtown Chicago but that might be fun too.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2010
9:59 PM

Post #7567488

Train station is either in Fulton KY...which I don't like at all, or in Carbondale, Ill...about an hour away from here. I choose the Carbondale one because I don't like to leave my car out in a cornfield. From there it's about 5 hours to Chicago.

Union Station is pretty easy to navigate for Amtrak, easier if you have someone drop you off . It's a fun ride, and I much prefer it to driving.

Flights now out of Paducah to Chicago, I see. Haven't tried that yet.
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 18, 2010
1:55 PM

Post #7569035

I have to try the train. Usually we bring our dogs with us but sometimes we leave the creatures with our two kids. I looked into flying into Paducah but I don't think the flight is direct.
Rose

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Apple Cider Vinegar Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love it! KyWoods 3 Feb 16, 2010 2:42 AM
Monday LouC 1 Feb 16, 2010 2:26 AM
Enjoyed Your Article! DreamOfSpring 20 Feb 25, 2010 5:28 AM
Great article plantnutz 6 Feb 16, 2010 11:13 PM
love your articles rucky 1 Feb 16, 2010 8:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America