Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Orange & Brown Wedding

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 7, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #7563800

Any ideas for flowers for an orange n brown wedding bouquet. I know gerbera daisies come in orange, not sure if they are available this time of year. Anything else and what about the brown.
Any help appreciated.
Candee
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 17, 2010
8:40 AM

Post #7566049

Orange Asiatic Lilies , Bird of Paradise, orange roses, orange carnations (dyed)

Brown Hypericum, cattails,dyed carnations. You can also use orange flowers and incorporate the brown with ribbons.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

February 17, 2010
1:08 PM

Post #7566219

Oh yeah, brown ribbon, I thought of cinnamon sticks and so the ribbon would be a great addition.
Bird of Paradise, brilliant! thanks.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 17, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #7566707

Interesting color choice for weddings these days. My Nieces wedding was orange with blue accents. As a wedding favor she had me make up a cd of their favorite love songs which included one written and sung by her brother. The label was a picture of an orange slice. Every guest was given a CD as a keepsake.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 18, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #7569387

Hey Candee, I recommend orange parrot tulips for color and texture. And they should be available this time of year. Chartreuse would be a nice accent color when combined with a pretty chocolate silk ribbon. I like the hypericum idea too. Please post pics when you're done.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #7569542

Oh I'm not doing it, a friend at work asked for a relative of his and his wife is doing the flowers, but really had not idea where to begin. I said I would get some ideas for him. Thanks everyone and the Orange parrot tulips are a great idea for this time of year.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7571059

Hi Candee - do you remember the photo of the Hawaii wedding I posted last month? I loved the orange-brown calla lilies that were part of the bridal bouquet. Her colors were orange, brown and green. My niece's wedding two summers ago was brown and green. Brown is becoming the "in" color. I am more of a maroon person myself. LoL

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #7571791

Oh yes I do recall Dianne, how could one forget that gorgeous setting. I am just surprised that brown and orange are in colors for this time of year I guess, my old fashioned think inside the box head just screams Fall!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America