Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Market Growers: How Would You Handle This Situation?

Communities > Forums > Market Growers
bookmark
Forum: Market GrowersReplies: 6, Views: 282
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BronxBoy
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #7569435

We had lunch with the city official responsible for one of the markets we manage. During the lunch conversation, a vendor at the market, who makes soaps and beauty products, came up. The person we were having lunch with said that she was very disappointed in the quality of her products and that she broke out in hives after using one. She was honest in saying that she didn't know for sure that the product caused the hives. But because of problems with the products separating and turning colors, she just ended up chucking all of them.

The soap maker, while not a close friend, has been a regular at several of our markets. I invited her into our main market after our original soap maker left. But we have noticed that she gets defensive when you give her constructive feedback about her products. We purchased a product from her that was of an excellent quality the first time I brought it. But the second time, the quality had fallen off noticeably. My wife brought it up and she did get a little prickly about it.

My question to you is would you say something to this vendor? We really like her and would like to see her succeed.

I'm also curious as to if the Health department in your areas scrutinize soaps and other skin care products as closely as food products.

Thanks
BB

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Market Growers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sat., June 21 Markets CountryGardens 40 Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM
Odor-free Bone Meal? Will wildlife still uproot plants? PlanterRik 8 Jun 24, 2009 2:31 PM
Question on growing food for sale (organic) hczone6 28 Oct 1, 2007 7:52 PM
water melons,cantaloupes CricketsGarden 8 Sep 1, 2007 8:39 PM
Backyard nursery TXSWETIE 183 Jul 2, 2007 9:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America