Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Beautiful Blue Sea Holly: Sea Holly

Communities > Forums > Article: Beautiful Blue Sea Holly
bookmark
Forum: Article: Beautiful Blue Sea HollyReplies: 5, Views: 62
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 18, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7569517

I'm trying out Blue Hobbit to place in the front of my flower beds. Nice to see an article on this plant. Have never come across them in a garden yet.
Rose
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7569674

I planted three two years ago. The first year, they didn't bloom and I was quite disappointed, but oh boy, last year they came on like lightning. Beautiful and need ABSOLUTELY no fussing.
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 19, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7571901

I used to think sea holly was unattractive but now I'm dying to get it going. I think it will look beautiful with black eye susans. Do they reseed?
Rose
Bluesplash
Bridgeville, DE
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2010
11:14 PM

Post #7580083

Oh, thank you so much for posting this especially with the places I can get seeds. I put a picture of one of the plants in a collage and I feel in love with it. I have never seen it in a garden but I am getting seed and planting them this year.
HILLHEAD
Birmingham, AL

February 23, 2010
12:59 AM

Post #7580365

I LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM AL AND TRIED TO PLANT THE BLUE SEA HOLLY AND THE SEEDS NEVER CAME UP. I WAS SO SAD. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY SEEDS TO SHARE WITH ME?
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

February 23, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #7580852

I fell in love with the look of Sea Holy & when I saw it for sale could not resist.
Now after a couple of months it looks like it will flower soon.
Can't wait to see how it looks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beautiful Blue Sea Holly Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
sea holly ozarker 0 Feb 23, 2010 4:34 PM
HELP gadzooks8 2 Jul 21, 2010 4:11 PM
Repeat blooming Oberon46 2 Jan 26, 2013 7:54 PM
Even in Zone 4! kraybrower 2 Feb 5, 2013 10:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America