Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Sitting While You Garden, Stools and Tools: My "sitting tractor" didn't work for me

Communities > Forums > Article: Sitting While You Garden, Stools and Tools
bookmark
Forum: Article: Sitting While You Garden, Stools and ToolsReplies: 1, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
birder17
Jackson, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 19, 2010
2:01 AM

Post #7570628

I bought one of those tractor type stools to use and it is too tall for me when I sit. I have to lean too far over to reach the ground. I wish I could return it. I bought it from Gardener's Supply. I recommend trying them out before buying--but there was no place to try one. I don't think I have seen any kind of traveling stool for sell in my town. Too bad.
I am wanting to get one of those hoes. I sit or scoot on the ground and do a lot of weeding. It's the getting up and down that does me in. I have no muscle power! So, scooting along the ground works for me. I also put my tools in a bucket and push it around. Also, I use another bucket to throw my weeds in.
I have looked at the child's tools and wondered if they would actually work. Also, I have looked at those rakes and wondered about them. So, thanks for the informative article.
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2010
2:30 AM

Post #7570679

Thanks Birder, I'm sorry the stool isn't working, maybe you could list it for sale in your local paper to get some of your money back? It is hard to get exactly what you need without trying them, I spent so much time in the store before I found what I wanted.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sitting While You Garden, Stools and Tools Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great information! critterologist 7 Feb 17, 2010 7:03 PM
Well done, Cathy! doccat5 8 Feb 11, 2013 12:03 PM
Tools rastus 0 Feb 11, 2008 6:34 PM
Dear Kathy...this is so helpful to me! thethorinator 1 Feb 10, 2010 4:36 AM
Very Interesting! scraps 1 Feb 11, 2010 12:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America