Who's Going To Rita's this year?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It's that time of year again. We need to start planning this trip.

Kim & I want to go the last week end in April.

What do you guys think about that date?

We always have such a grand time when we go here.

Ok, here's a list of who's coming Saturday 24th so far. I have ? by a couple of them, cause i'm not possitive if their coming or not

This is Saturday's list.

kathy_ann
Duckmother (kim)
Sandra
Judy (sandra's friend)
Terrye
marilyn
Bonnie
Kenny
Ruth & Lamar
Terry Lea
Melody
Charlotte
Sarah (charlottes friend)
Loretta Dawson (lorettad)
Sharon & Max Yearwood
Riverland (cindy) ?
Genna ?

Those coming friday
me
Kim
Sandra
Terrye
Ruth & Lamar
Bonnie
Kenny
Sharron & max
Cindy

This message was edited Mar 20, 2010 9:28 AM

This message was edited Mar 30, 2010 3:30 PM

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OH BOY!!!!! I am so excited...maybe, this year we will take Nugrape and a b-day cake ;o)) Y'all will help me celebrate again this year, I hope...

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL, speaking of nu grape, Don't forget to pick me up a couple l2 packs of them for tomorrow. hope I didn't remind you too late.
Darren said he wanted them. their not for me. just him :))

Yikes...I better get dressed and go to the store ;o)) They are not on sale this week...they are around 4.50 a 12 pack. Do you still want 2?

This message was edited Feb 19, 2010 11:39 AM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL.

I thought we could pick from these two dates see what everybody thinks

last Sat in April is the 24th
or we could go May 1st that's the first sat in May.

What do you guys think?

As long as you are driving...whenever you say ;o))

So, yes, you still want them at 4.50 per 12 pack?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn and I were planning on going up just for the day. I can go on the 24th but I can't on May 1. I'm involved in the Little Rock Spring Garden Tour and it is being held May 1 and 2. I'm in charge of box lunches for May 1.

KA----ANSWER YOUR PHONE! ;o)

Never mind...I will buy them and if you don't want them...I will keep them until we got to Rita's. lol

This message was edited Feb 19, 2010 12:12 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

My bad!!! Left the phone in the sewing room, was in the kitchen.

I'm for April 24th also

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

24th works for me, too ;o)

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I want to go this year. Charlotte could I ride with you and Marilyn, if
there be room in your vehicle? I want to go just for the day, also.

Thanks Loretta

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim I'm not possitive I can spend the night down there like last year. it may just have to be a one day thing for me also. would this create a problem wtih you? would you be able to go just for the day too? we can still take my car and just come back that night.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Loretta, I'm taking my truck and it will hold 4 so we will have room. It is an extended cab and the back has a cover on it so our plants will be protected.

That is okay, KA. I am not good at one day events, so I will just bow out of this trip. No worries, maybe next time.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

The Paducah Quilt show is the 21st through the 24th, but if Terry can do without me during the week, I can come on the 24th as well. (I did it that way last year as well)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Hey Melody, what direction do you go and do you make the trip by yourself or will Lisa be with you?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We go down 641 through Murray and Paris...country roads. Lisa went with me last year. It is roughly 2 hours, door to door, on 2 lane roads.

We had a ball!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

How long would it take us, do you think and which way would it be smarter for us to travel if we should go?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Don't bow out. Let me do some convincing here on my end. and see if he'll let me stay the night. I'll get with you and let you know.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'd take 40 from Nashville Ellen. It is a straight shot and the roads are good.

Al would have an idea on the time, but I'd hesitate to guess for you.

Okay, I will not make a complete bow...maybe just curtsey ;o)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Melody, he says it will be a good three hour drive if he is figuring it right. Is Terry going and Ruth and Lamar? How about Riverland?

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I say we talk about it tomorrow at Marilyn's. I would love to go and spend the night if you want to Kim and if you don't want to stay the night KA. So I really need ya'll to talk it up tomorrow!! LOL!! Also talk up Jeri's and the garden tour and everything else that has to do with gardening! Remember ya'll, Dave is a gardener and does like this stuff.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've talked to Danny, and it's a go for me to spend the night with kim there in jackson

Wooo Hooo...Now, I don't have to sleep between Crissy and Dave! PMSL I am certain they will be glad ;o)

LOL Kim, that's hilarious!! I'm so glad you get to do that KA! I haven't mentioned it to Dave, he forgot about the lunch from last night and tonight! He wants to keep working on the garden but he's so tired he can't hardly move. I told him he was going because he's going to hurt himself if he doesn't take some time away from it.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Melody, I just noticed that Adrian graduates the 12th of May (Can you believe that already?) which is just a little more than 2 wks from the date you guys are planning the gathering.

Edited to say that I will be going to Houston to see my sister Gail (her cancer is back) that month also since she doesn't have to teach some of that time. I haven't seen her since the last time she met us in Mt. View so I guess that will take the place of us heading to meet you guys. What a pity everything happens in May. Darn!

This message was edited Feb 20, 2010 6:48 AM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

garden is looking good crissy

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, count me in for the trip to Rita's! I didn't go last year year but I did go in 2008 and it was a blast!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I'm still thinking.

Booneville, MS

I'll definitely be there.

Sandra, are you planning on going? You know I need my guide! lol

Terrye

This message was edited Feb 22, 2010 12:45 PM

I've reserved April 24th on my calendar - it's a red-letter day for me every year ;o)

I'm out, our spring conference is on the 22nd and 23rd, as always :(

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I am thinking about it too.... not sure I am game for that long a turn around trip!

Genna

We have to work without hardly any sleep on those days, we start at 8am on the 22nd and don't stop until 5pm on the 23rd. They're really fun to work but by the time 5pm on Friday comes we are all wiped out and ready for bed, and it's not safe to drive when you're that tired.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

You know me and max will be there ...although I can not promise that it will be my first trip there this spring ; )

sharon

Quote from savagegardener :
You know me and max will be there ...although I can not promise that it will be my first trip there this spring ; )

sharon

So if you do a raid and buy out the place before we all get there, you're gonna have to answer to all of us ;o)

Just kidding...but I think we do a pretty good number on Rita's inventory the Saturday we descend on her!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Can't wait to get to Rita's!!!! Never been before and it sure sounds like my kind of place!!!! Saving my $$$$$'s for the trip!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

LOL!!! I know that's right !!!!

Can 't help it ..I live only 45 minutes from Jackson, so I am frequently in town anyway ..Once spring sets in ..I know I will not be able to resist a little foray out Highway 70 to Ritas place

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Sharon, you better leave me some of those plants to buy, cause I'm already saving my money LOL.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.