Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Winter Sowing: Question regarding WS snow peas

Communities > Forums > Winter Sowing
bookmark
Forum: Winter SowingReplies: 3, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
garfieldkae
Flippin, AR
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2010
10:10 PM

Post #7572524

I'm just wondering has anybody had any luck WS snow peas and other pea varieties and what kind of container do you use. I've read that peas don't like to have there roots distrubed. I really wouldn't mind to go ahead and start them in the ground but I think it may be too early. This is my 1st year of WS. I've already WS broccoli, califlower, brussel sprouts for this yearAny help on the subject would be appreciated.
joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

February 20, 2010
12:56 AM

Post #7572832

I'm certain it would work, but you will need to move them while they are small. I've ws sweet peas and I direct sow eating peas

This message was edited Feb 19, 2010 5:57 PM
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

February 20, 2010
11:22 PM

Post #7575167

It is much easier just to sow them where they are to grow as right now is the time. I have already sowed several kinds of peas, as they are quite hardy. They usually will not come up until they should anyway. If some should get damaged, you should have a lot of seeds in your packet to sow more. Make this easy on yourself. What ever is easiest for you would be the way I would go. I happened to have some nice weather last week, so I was able to prepare some space. I need to do more and now it is cold and rainy. So I will go out again, when it is nice enough, and do more. If it is cold for a long period, I may sow some indoors or W/S. Either way, or both ways, if you can...then you will know which works best for you as we all have microclimates as well as variable weather both for winter as well as spring.
garfieldkae
Flippin, AR
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2010
1:45 AM

Post #7577847

i appreciate both of your responses.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Winter Sowing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Sowing Seed Swap .....part 2 alicewho 213 Mar 23, 2007 1:01 PM
Lessons learned for next year #2 zenpotter 256 Mar 23, 2007 7:56 AM
Milk jugs TurtleChi 99 Mar 19, 2007 12:20 PM
WS Poppies & transplant problems marie_ 100 May 11, 2011 4:44 PM
Database germination info bluespiral 6 Mar 5, 2008 12:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America