Where to find this

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

Does anyone know a place to purchase something like this? I did order 2 of these off of Ebay (the last 2) and Fedex lost the pkg..

Carol

Thumbnail by ctbig
pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

posting pic again...dont know what happened

Thumbnail by ctbig
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

The picture is too small to figure out what you're trying to ask. And maybe you can be more specific on your question. What is "like this"? Is it the pole/plant hanger with a dual hook to hang planters with?
If it is, it's all over. HD or Lowes, or Wallmart.

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

this pic is a bit blurry, but a bit bigger...has multiple arms

Thumbnail by ctbig
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Ok, got you!

http://www.backyardwildbirds.com/servlet/the-208/Shepherd-Pole-Four-

http://www.backyardgardener.com/gp/Gardening_Products/Flower_Gardening/Accessories/Four-Arm_Plant_Hange.html

Quite pricey. Just google "four arm plant hangers" and maybe you can find something similar and cheaper.
Also check your local Home Depot or Lowe's as it comes closing to spring. Each year they always carry stuff that are new in the market.

This message was edited Feb 20, 2010 1:34 PM

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

Thanks Tex, ive been looking everywhere...the ones i ordered from ebay were quite cheap....2 of them plus shipping was still less than the ones you showed me....i wish fedex would locate the missing pkg

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Carol, keep a check at Big Lots. They usually have a bunch of gardening stuff about now. I have bought a bunch of double poles there very inexpensively. Find a welder, tell him what you want. Very simple welding job. We could work on Tom (my Tom) to build us some. He could do it if he just would get motivated enough.

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

I actually checked big lots yesterday and saw the dbl poles....what will motivate him...cash, food,alcohol ?...just kidding...let me know if he decides to do it and ill put my order in.

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Do you want one that sticks into the ground or like the picture on backyardgardener?

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

In the ground would probably be better

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

We have lots of them here in our part of the country. Most are made, using an old wheel hub, and hay rake teeth. Easy welding job for most people, except me, lol. You might check with your local vo-tech schools also, if you have any around. They usually have some kind of welding class, and the students are always looking for ideas on projects to build. You would have to buy the materials probably tho.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images