Armour Thyroid?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I am wondering if any of you have some updated info re: shortage of Armour Thyroid?

Allentown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Since I don't do well on the thyroid meds that want to substitute, my doctor gave me a Rx and I order from a Canadian Pharm.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Interesting. What is the cause of the shortage?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

there are a ton of websites within this site: http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroiddrugstreatments/tp/desiccated-thyroid-2009.htm

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

for a while I had troubles getting this.... but since i switched from Walgreens and to Walmart.. i have not had a problem getting it.

I once asked the gal at my local Wallyworld in Wisc if she ever had problems getting it, she just said, "No, I just order it, and what I order, comes in" I've been getting it there since last year.

I'm due for a refill in a few weeks, hope i can get it here [in IL]

I remember last year, every month i'd have to switch pharmacies because no one had it... but - since i switched to wallyworld.. i've been OK.

My DR was actually telling me that the govt was gonna make it illegal and no one could get it... personally I think that's a bunch of hooey... but when the govt gets involved in things... one has to wonder.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

yea, I see it is available again. I was on both types, a synthetic and Amour; a combo that my physician fine tuned for me over a period of 8 months.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

my DOC said he would rather me do a "compound' than use synthetic ... but i told him insurance does not cover from a compound pharmacy ... and i can't afford $40 a month. so - luckily i can get Armour still.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images