Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$: Zone

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$Replies: 2, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 21, 2010
3:09 PM

Post #7576698

Loved the article and have heard that many of the Canadian forum gardeners have used the Sweet Potato Vine (plant) as a filler for baskets, and, it is sold in greenhouses here in Thunder Bay as an annual ..
Is there a Zone preference .. I am in 3a, but, can suprisingly grow lotsa stuff not recommended for this area.

Thanks

~M~
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2010
10:12 PM

Post #7577502

I think they're fairly tender in terms of not leaving them in the ground for the winter in nontropical areas... but I think they'll thrive during the summer in pretty much any zone.

Just pull up your "annual" sweet potato at the end of the season & look for a tuber!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 22, 2010
12:57 AM

Post #7577793

^_^

Thanks so much .. can hardly wait for late May/early June

~M~

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Ornamental sweet potatoes randbponder 26 Feb 24, 2010 12:57 AM
OSP detheo 1 Feb 21, 2010 2:33 PM
Ornamental sweet potatoes mom1776 2 Feb 22, 2010 10:30 PM
Sweet! margieseyfer 1 Feb 22, 2010 10:28 PM
Great article disney4 1 Feb 22, 2010 10:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America