Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$: Zone

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$Replies: 2, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 21, 2010
3:09 PM

Post #7576698

Loved the article and have heard that many of the Canadian forum gardeners have used the Sweet Potato Vine (plant) as a filler for baskets, and, it is sold in greenhouses here in Thunder Bay as an annual ..
Is there a Zone preference .. I am in 3a, but, can suprisingly grow lotsa stuff not recommended for this area.

Thanks

~M~
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2010
10:12 PM

Post #7577502

I think they're fairly tender in terms of not leaving them in the ground for the winter in nontropical areas... but I think they'll thrive during the summer in pretty much any zone.

Just pull up your "annual" sweet potato at the end of the season & look for a tuber!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 22, 2010
12:57 AM

Post #7577793

^_^

Thanks so much .. can hardly wait for late May/early June

~M~

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing and Propagating Ornamental Sweet Potatoes: Save them for next year and save $$ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Ornamental sweet potatoes randbponder 26 Feb 24, 2010 12:57 AM
OSP detheo 1 Feb 21, 2010 2:33 PM
Ornamental sweet potatoes mom1776 2 Feb 22, 2010 10:30 PM
Sweet! margieseyfer 1 Feb 22, 2010 10:28 PM
Great article disney4 1 Feb 22, 2010 10:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America