Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Forsythia and False Forsythia: A look at the authentic forsythia and its imitator: Forsythia

Communities > Forums > Article: Forsythia and False Forsythia: A look at the authentic forsythia and its imitator
bookmark
Forum: Article: Forsythia and False Forsythia: A look at the authentic forsythia and its imitatorReplies: 1, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LakesideGarden
Olympia, WA

February 23, 2010
1:08 AM

Post #7580395

I love forsythia but the variety I have just gets long leggy branches and few flowers. I am from the northwest and was surprised by the wild forsythia we enjoyed during the 2 years we lived in North New Jersey. The yellow flowers were a great reminder that spring will come to the cold northeast.
kiasgramma
Prescott, AZ

April 5, 2011
11:12 PM

Post #8475210

I lived in Tacoma for about 20 years & the forsythia around my house was spectacular. Sometimes it takes a ruthless barber to make a beautiful plant. Left on it's own, forsythia can get kind of scraggly. I love the early spring flowers, so my constant pruning (for flower arrangements) actually ensured mine would flower heavily each spring.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Forsythia and False Forsythia: A look at the authentic forsythia and its imitator Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
winter forcing kathy65468 8 Mar 30, 2010 12:53 AM
Forsythia ZELLA 0 Feb 22, 2010 8:41 PM
Forsythia elaine322 4 Apr 2, 2011 5:21 PM
White forsythia ValerieCranmer 0 Mar 21, 2011 5:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America