Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?: Cold feet

Communities > Forums > Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?Replies: 7, Views: 72
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

February 23, 2010
2:25 AM

Post #7580548

My comfort as far a temperature is concerned depends on my feet. If they are cold then my whole body is cold. If they are warm I am fine. I may have had my feet too hot before but I can not remember. Even while wearing plastic shoes my feet are fine.

Buckwheat and no gluten hmmmmm I wonder if I could fit it into my family's low carb diet.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2010
2:31 AM

Post #7580565

Hi Liquidambar, good to see you again! That might very well be true of all of us, the warm feet thing, but I'm sitting here right now with very warm feet, yet my fingers and my nose are icy. It's very hard to type with frozen fingers.

You might check out the buckwheat, I think it's one of the good wheats.
Thanks for writing...
Stay warm!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2010
4:37 AM

Post #7580735

Do you think that thick cotton sox with the end sewn up would be ok for holding the buckwheat seeds? I am tempted to order some seeds and try that. Actually I probably need to make a lined body suit that can be filled with the seeds cause my problem is serious. I wonder if my blood will ever freeze in a room that is warm enough for everyone else and folks will think I am dead.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2010
7:57 AM

Post #7580870

I'm sure cotton tube socks would work well, Elena...but I doubt that anyone will ever mistake you for deceased...Maybe you shouldn't sit too still, though.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #7581080

I guess if my mouth is still running full steam ahead I will probably be safe, huh?
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2010
5:03 PM

Post #7581607

Methinks!
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

February 25, 2010
2:44 AM

Post #7585759

I looked up the carbohydrate count for buckwheat it is 18 carbs in 1/4 cup as compared to 22 in whole wheat flour.

On the same site that list number of carbs, it also talks about glycemic load - it is about the same as whole wheat flour.

They also have an inflammation index (which is important since that is the problem with my family) It is worse than whole wheat flour!!! It is -300 compared to flour which was -278. It makes me wonder how they test, and figure out the inflammation factor stuff????

BUT no gluten. That is something for people on no gluten diet - looking for something to replace flour.

Oh, I know I am boring but I just thought I would let you all painfully know! Sorry.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2010
2:53 AM

Post #7585791

Not boring at all, Liquidambar, good information.

Thank you for sharing it!

Oh, and sorry about your little cat...wish I could help! (other thread!)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
sobakawa pillows gloria125 19 Mar 13, 2012 6:22 AM
Rice and dried deer corn work well too darkmoondreamer 12 Dec 9, 2011 10:16 AM
Buckwheat, A Miracle seed 3pmp 1 Mar 1, 2010 11:59 PM
Friends everywhere Lancemg 1 Mar 2, 2010 12:08 AM
Buckwheat cozies Jeanniegardener 1 Mar 2, 2010 2:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America