Photo by Melody

Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and Culture: Beaureguard potatoes

Communities > Forums > Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and Culture
bookmark
Forum: Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and CultureReplies: 1, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grandpagrandma
Salome, AZ

February 23, 2010
1:11 PM

Post #7581035

I live in south western Az. and want to know if my sweet potatoe slips will surive the winter here. I put slips in last fall. The tops are dead but close to the ground it looks like there is some green life. I haven't checked to see if the roots are still alive. I do hope that thay are. The sweet potatoes do seem to like the summer heat here. I got lots of vines but few potatoes.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2010
1:30 PM

Post #7581092

That's something that I'm not sure about. Frost does kill the tops, but as long as you don't have a hard freeze, the roots should resprout, but your mileage may vary.

It would be an interesting experiment to see what happens.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and Culture Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love those Sweet Potatoes! cathy4 40 Oct 21, 2012 7:43 PM
SWEET POTATO or KUMERA Fangionz 3 Oct 16, 2012 6:10 AM
Beauregard vs Vardeman dirtytoes 0 Jan 20, 2008 4:22 PM
Are my "pot-plants" ok to eat? binibusybee 1 Nov 1, 2010 5:46 AM
Roasted roots kiseta 1 Oct 12, 2012 7:48 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America