Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Canning and preserving: Not just fruits and vegetables: red clay

Communities > Forums > Article: Canning and preserving: Not just fruits and vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Article: Canning and preserving: Not just fruits and vegetablesReplies: 2, Views: 3
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2010
2:13 PM

Post #7583946

I am learning how to garden in Somerset KY. I've never gardened in red clay before so this is a first time for me. I have several loads of composted woodchips and leaves being delivered so that I can work it into the soil. Any other suggestions?

Marti
tcfromky
Mercer, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2010
2:04 PM

Post #7591780

Hey Marti,

I highly suggest that you have your soil tested. Healthy plants begin with healthy soil. Go to your local county extension office and request a soil test kit.

Also, take plenty of pictures of your new venture and keep a journal!

Good luck!

TC
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2010
2:25 PM

Post #7591821

Thanks for the suggestion. I think getting the soil tested is a good idea and I will do just that.

I am already starting to take pictures so I can track my start, progress and finish.

Marti

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Canning and preserving: Not just fruits and vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Good Read Adaylilyfan 1 Oct 12, 2009 3:07 PM
Hey TC plantnutz 1 Oct 12, 2009 3:06 PM
empty spaces! Liquidambar2 4 Oct 14, 2009 12:06 AM
Yay kraut! Cybrczch 2 Oct 12, 2009 3:02 PM
first rain of the year ling_ling 1 Oct 16, 2009 12:19 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America