-
AuthorContent
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2010
1:58 AM

Post #7585616

It was a beautiful sunny day, so before leaving to have a root canal at the dentist, I put most of my baby seedlings out inside my portable greenouuse, with the plastic zipped up. 2 hours later as I turned into the driveway, I see the greenhouse blown over on it's side, and all my seedlings scattered inside- I am heart broken! The wind had come up unexpectedly while I was gone- no warning at all. After living here 2 years, I should have known to tie the greenhouse down! I just spent the afternoon replanting all of them- one of them, Indiana Red, given to me by a generous DG'r, I didn't have any more seeds, so I will not get to try that one! On top of that, a dear friend had a medical procedure today and has complications- so it has NOT been a good day. I will survive, and all will be well.
joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

February 25, 2010
2:09 AM

Post #7585657

That's awful! Hope most survive
RATFOOD
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 25, 2010
6:19 AM

Post #7586244

All you can hope is that you got good pain killers from the dentist AND that your plants come through. I dumped two trays of plants 4 days ago and they look like they are all going to make it through OK. I hope your luck is better than mine, it seems like plants are survivors more than we think they are so keep your head up!
edgeoftheworld
Conneaut, OH
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2010
10:48 PM

Post #7587791

I had that happen to me a couple of years ago.I had the portable greenhouse loaded up with seedlings.I was trying to harden off.The wind blew it over.I ended up with a pile of plants and soil all mixed together.Lost all of my identification on the plants.Spent hours repotting.Lost a few,most survived.Alot of the plants,I had no idea what they were till they bloomed.I now use cinder blocks around all 4 corners for support.Edge
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

February 28, 2010
3:09 AM

Post #7593402

Last year I had a bunch of seed packets I was sowing in the raised beds. Well, it rained that night and all the seeds were coming out so I put them all in a bucket, and just had to sow them, even though I don't know which ones they were...some old, some new, etc, some tall...still, nothing like having sown a bunch and have them all spill out...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Seed Germination Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Why are some seedlings "leggy"? gardendragon 18 May 8, 2013 6:47 PM
Welcome to the Seed Germination Discussion Forum! dave 20 Dec 23, 2009 2:56 PM
Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds PeggieK 188 Mar 21, 2013 11:19 AM
Stratification kimmers 27 Mar 26, 2014 4:37 PM
Sowing in Spaghnum moss Laurie1 3 Mar 8, 2007 11:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America