New bees chit chat Come on in!! 2/25/10

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Come on in... We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074535/

Direction for free seed here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

Thumbnail by arejay59
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well How about this. Seems I am the first one here LOL

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi peeps!

Enid, OK

I'm here too!

50 out there today and I haven't even opened the front door. I have been a real bum today!!

Hi Loca and Flower,

Cold here today. Wind is strong. Blew the poly off the GH this am. 33 outside. We scrambled. New design next year. LOL

Enjoyed your grandparent stories!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Well, now you know I'm dragging up the rear. that's what us mule people do. ☺☺

Sometimes you're in front and sometimes you're behind. I tend towards the later myself. lol

Quieter over here huh? Sometimes you just need some quiet laughs with good friends. How's that wall hanging coming along Mindy?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

It's sunny and in the mid 70s in Phoenix. Better enjoy it now - 115 weather will be here before you know it...

Booneville, AR

all you ladies must have prayed for dr. pattie , we only had a mild talk. no more blood thiner for a while,thats good. it makes me cold. don.t have to go back for a month!!!!!!!!!! and im not in jail. yet! i will be so glad when the weather warms in arkansas. ive lost a day, will have to catch up in the morning. love those ma and pa stories so funny. enid you gota do a book of short stories. i would pay cash for smothing like that. you made my day. love all of you nettie

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Me to Enid, Put me on the waiting list!!

Me Too!

Glad you're not in jail littlenettie!

Enid, OK

Glad things went well for you at Dr. Nettie! And extra glad you didn't have to go to jail. See, not hitting the Dr. is a good thing!!

So far, the storm we were expecting missed us. Hope we can make it through today with no weather. I am soooo ready for spring - I even got my taxes done yesterday in hopes that April 15 will come early this year!

I wouldn't even know where to start writing a book guys! Will have to stick to a story here and there for now.

Everybody have a great day. I am off to Dr. appt. for baby with ear, nose, throat dr. today. He has constant ear infections so thought we best find out why.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning everyone. Cold out but the sun is shining bright so it will warm up this afternoon.
Seray that wall hanging is still waitiing on me to wash it and attach the ribbons. I drag my feet terribly when it comes to any type of sewing but maybe this evening I'll get my rear in gear and finish it up. Meanwhile, I'm busy working on the first of the girls Easter sweaters. Have the back ready to go and almost half way to the armhole on the right front. The color is white for both sweaters their mom picked it out but on this one I'm putting lacyhearts on the fronts and up the sleeves and the sleeves will also be gathered at the top. Hope it comes out looking good cause this is one of my own designs. I have a sweater design program I like to play with and usually try new features out when making the girls sweaters because they don't care if I mess up a little bit LOL they are just thrilled to get the sweaters. The second sweater will have lacy butterflys where this one has hearts if I can find a lacy butterfly motif pattern somewhere.
Enid just start with the stories you've already posted here put them in one file then add to them off and on and soon you'll have your book written.

I'm off to start my busy day exercise, hair cut hopefully, shopping for pants mine are not only a bit too big they are also so old they are starting to fall apart now they don't have anything to keep them in place LOL

Pearland, TX

I didn't get to do my wintersowing last night. Pout. Dh decided to stay home from class to get other homework done and hogged my kitchen table. He was also in a rotten mood so I hid in the bedroom and read my book with the kitty snuggled up beside me. I am fasting for my medical monitoring this morning, so blood sugar is low and I'm cranky because I can't have any caffine and my son was up half the night coughing.

Funny story though. At 5:30 this morning, little man came into my room and says "HI MAMA!!" I pulled him up into my bed and he had no diaper or pajama bottoms on. I asked him where his diaper was. He said "Anthony take off diaper and pants." If it wasn't that early it would have been really funny. I went and got him a pullup and we snuggled back in bed for an hour til it was time to get up.

Good news is tomorrow is the local Master Gardner's sale. I have a list! :D

Go shopping ,girl. That will make you feel better.
Good Morning Girls. Beautiful day here too, 34 degrees, Brrrrr.

Booneville, AR

enid honey you are a natural now get with it girl. you can do anything!!!! i like the no daper thing, my daughter pulled all her clothes off when we lived in barstow cal. so she could play in the sprinklers in the front yard lo you never know about them kids. they do some wild things. oh my i have a mess in the green house got to get up and clean it up. don,t now how many plants are gona need to go. talk later love you nettie

Booneville, AR

red my bad i forgot to check and see if anyone was posting.

My sister took off her clothes and was playing in the water from the windmill
Now you know that has been a long time, before computors like we know them.
Guess Kids have been doing it for years.. they are so cute and innocent.

That's o.k. This way we know there is someone watching. I love to come over here and visit.
Love you all.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi all,
Kids ! Like Art Linkletter use to say Quote: Kids do the darndest things.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Well I just got my power back I have done and most likely will get nothing accomplished today!! Tomorrow , I will do something tomorrow!!
Hugs to you all,
Write Enid,Write

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

hey all hope you are doing good..We are still at the hospital..I sure do hope we get to come home one day next week.I miss getting to talk to you all every day..I feellike I have missed so much..Caleb is doing much better just waiting now to be sure the grafts take then we can go home..

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good news Trish! He will be home before you know it! Kids are tough.

Glad to hear he's doing well Trish. You'll be home before you know it and it will be spring!. We'll send you lots of seeds and plants to help you and your son recover. My guess he would like some CP's. Gives a kid great pleasure to watch a plant eat bugs. LOL Nothing so healing as a moon vine unfurling and filling the air with fragrance. It will slow you down and reconnect you. Let us know when you're ready. I have a package in mind for you both.

Hugs

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Speaking of CPs, I see little red nubbies starting on my Pitcher RRM sent!

I'll try to get a good pic this weekend to show you all!

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

I haven't killed the Cp Charleen sent me. My youngest is excited about the "Bog Garden" she is planning for this spring. And that one plant is what started it....so yes, kids gardening is great medicine. Will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Julie

Booneville, AR

rrm my perennial snapdragon seed came today , i think im going to need some help getting them started if you have tried these please help help, trish ill be so glad when you and caleb get to go home it feels so good.to sleep in your own bed. and return to normal. i hope you get to come home soon. love and hugs nettie

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Im hoping my plants are doing ok..i had lots of brugs started in cups my peach one you sent me seray was so pretty and looked like a little tree...I had a bunch Gordon had sent me..Im going tobe heart broken if they dont survive...But they can be replaced..I wish now I hd left them rooting in water. Caleb likes to grow a garden so we may plant veggies n buckets..We talked about cp's he is excited to see a plant eat a bug..He couldnt believe that was even possible...Im going to have tokeep him busy because heis so used to being outside working and down on the fish ponds working staying clean and out of the sun is not going to be easy for him..He wont beallowed to go back to school till next year so now I have all that time during the day to keep him occupied too...I can only imagine how many times I 'm going to hear Im bored Momma,what can I do...He is hyper and hates to sit still..Oh well maybe alot of his friends can come over to keep him busy..I hadlots of containers ready to sow seeds in and be put out for the winter..I have to get these out soo Its not long till spring now..Im excited to see what seeds have sprouted in my other WS containers...So many thngs I want to plant before spring arrives..I hope you all have a great day..Trish

Philadelphia, PA

Robin asked me to post some picture from the Philadelphia Int'l. Flower Show that's going on this week. It's the largest indoor flower show in the world.

80,000 Freeze-dried flowers used to create the 28 foot high hot air balloon. Including 55,400 blue pansies to represent the oceans and 23,700 roses of different colors for each continent.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010 8:24 PM

Thumbnail by Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

This exhibit was so cool. Everything suspended from the ceiling. The blue represents the sea, the tan the sandy beach. the greens are grass and trees, and the white the snow on the mountain tops.

I was told the woman who designed this took 10 hours on Friday to hang all of these.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow, Mitt! That's an amazing picture. How fun you got to attend!

Philadelphia, PA

Sorry here is the picture

Thumbnail by Mitt
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Now that is cool!

Philadelphia, PA

High Kel. Glad you like that. I'll send some more

Thumbnail by Mitt
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That topiary guy is awesome! And that tomato looks delicious...

Philadelphia, PA

12 foot high elephant

Thumbnail by Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

How about this dog

Thumbnail by Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

Heres another dog Kelly

Thumbnail by Mitt
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

How cute! What do they have growing on there do you know?

There is a DGer in Phoenix who grows lots of topiaries, mostly with wire vine and creeping jenny I think. They are really cool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.