Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mid-South Gardening: Who is going to the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show?

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 15, Views: 126
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2010
4:16 AM

Post #7588479

I had planned on going on Friday to miss the weekend crowds. My boss said I couldn't have that day off, so I will be attending on Thursday morning. Is any other DG members going to be there?

Teresa in KY
fancher
Lyles, TN

February 26, 2010
1:00 PM

Post #7588868

Have to work too! Going on Saturday.
Wendy in Dickson, TN
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2010
2:55 PM

Post #7591912

I know that Friday is the day most were going :(

A lady from the BG master gardeners group may ride down. I am looking forward to it. I need to see some color!
MollyD1953
Columbia, TN
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2010
7:12 PM

Post #7592422

I'm still trying to hook up with a ride. I can't stay so someone who is coming back the same day?

MollyD
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2010
3:16 PM

Post #7604161

Molly, we are driving down this morning. Hope you get to attend on one of the days!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #7605330

Sorry I'm so late posting, but I'm not able to make it this year. :~(
Work keeps me here, and I will really miss getting together with everyone this year.

Molly, I'm sorry it didn't work out for me to come. I was looking forward to meeting you and having you ride up with me. I waited until last night to cancel my hotel reservation. Thought I might swing a quick trip up tomorrow morning, but it is not in the cards this year.

Huntsville Botanical Garden has their big plant sale in mid-April. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll look for the firm dates. Members sale is on Thursday and it's open to the public Friday-Sunday.
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2010
10:23 PM

Post #7605568

I had a great time today. Susan came down with me. We met Floweringchild around 11am. I brought home several goodies. Here is what I found:
Voodoo Lily
Peruvian Spider Lily
Morroco something for hummingbirds
Flowering Peruvian Fern
Apple Blossom Amaryllis
Star Gazers
Red Hot Pokers
A. Violets Harlequin and Hawaii
Love my Garden sign, and a cool looking, glass salamander that I am going to put in the bird bath. It is about 6 inches long.
Teresa
MollyD1953
Columbia, TN
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2010
4:08 AM

Post #7605770

Nice haul Teresa!

It's okay Outside, there'll be other years. God willing things will be easier next year for all of us.

MollyD
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2010
5:50 AM

Post #7605915

I am interested in the Plant Sale in Huntsville. What do they have? I have wanted to vist that B. Garden and just never gotten around to it.

Teresa
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7606910

Hi Teresa. You got a nice variety in Nashville.

The best way to answer your question is just to say 'almost everything'. The Herb Gardener's have a section, the Daylillies, Iris, Roses, and others have special sections. Then many if not almost all the local nurseries donate plants, shrubs, etc for the sale. I have seen camellias, azaleas, tomato plants, pepper plants, and a little bit of everything. One guy year before last had Japanese Maples he had propagated. I didn't go last year, but most years there is not a lot of lawn furniture or garden ornaments. But I haven't seen any lists yet this year. Let me know if you want to come down.

Molly, I know what you mean...let's hope it will work out better for us all next year.

Elaine
MollyD1953
Columbia, TN
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2010
4:34 PM

Post #7607231

Elaine if they do I will host a Round Up at my new place!

MollyD
babybluesntn
Hendersonville, TN
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2010
4:43 AM

Post #7610228

Hey gals - on April 10th at the Nashville Fairgrounds there is a big perennial sale hosted by the Perennial Society from 9 am - 2 pm. The following Sat. on April 17th, at the same place, the Herb Society is having an herb and perennial sale too. Lots to go to. Where is the Huntsville Botanical Garden? I'd like to check it out sometime.
Karen
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2010
5:01 AM

Post #7610249

Here is a link to it http://www.hsvbg.org/

Wow, I bet the will have a good sale. Sounds interesting.
I collect hosta, iris, coral bells, and dls. So I am sure I could find something of interest.
Teresa
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7610432

Thanks, Karen. Maybe that will be a possibility to attend. The Huntsville Botanical Garden is pretty easy to find from the major highways. You get off I-65 and take I-565 into Huntsville. Take the Bob Wallace Ave exit and go about a half mile or so and it's on the right.

Ya'll let me know if you can come down for the sale.
babybluesntn
Hendersonville, TN
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2010
6:51 AM

Post #7618382

Thanks!

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #7621064

I didn't make it to the show...we were celebrating my husband's and his sister's birthday on Friday night, so there was no time to slip away that day.

Saturday we (err, he) tilled my veggie beds - woohoo! And I weeded my perennial border that runs next to the vegetable garden. Then we grabbed showers and went to Chaffin's Dinner Barn Theater with a group.

Sunday was spent running here and there and everywhere. I looked up and the weekend was over!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America