Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

March Weather, is March coming in like a lion or a lamb ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It will be a lamb here. Sunny & 35 for March 1st.

We came from;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1075009/

Let's enjoy this month, spring starts soon.
Bernie

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

31 F tonight...........Snow showers and below freezing temps forecast for NW Pa until Fri. when we should see some sunshine and the start of a warm-up.

Photo......A windshield shot taken on the way into work on Sat. afternoon.

CircleBack

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

This photo was taken this morning after I finished blowing out the drive.

CircleBack

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

When the snow finally melts I'll have these little guys growing in the backyard.

CircleBack

(Zone 5a)

Dyson, we still have the claw foot bathtub at home and the small bathrom sink with the same handles I grew up with. The tub has completely lost its inner coating after years of Comet and other cleansers. Dad had to fix the tub handles after I moved out. If turned on all the way they rumbled. Mom called it his motorboat. He left them on, but I'm not sure if he just added a washer or what. Just to see ground again will be a happy day here :o)

Ric, lovely little Hellebore!

Bernie, oh my gosh! I completely forgot lamb or lion. i was just focused on it being March, LOL! NW wind 5 - 10 mph. LAMB! You have a lot more snow than me. I hope it starts melting down. Gorgeous little violet!

It's 29* now, and to be mostly cloudy, in the lower 30's and breezy all day.

They really enjoyed filling their buckets to fill in the Rose Bed path.

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Grandson # 2

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Dumping #1

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Dumping #2

Thumbnail by billyporter
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sun is coming up.
We are in a death grip! Our temperatures were 10 colder than the forested part of Minnesota.
We are like a cooler full of ice compared to a cooler that is empty. Don't warm up very fast with all the snow.
Finishing odds & ends of the current kitchen job. I sanded down the two countertops & the mantel for the fireplace/TV/wine cabinets. Going to look really nice,I hope!

Son planted tomato seeds Saturday, so gardening is underway.
Stopped at a home show Sunday. Talked to a guy that does landscapes & ponds. I have him coming to give me an estimate on doing a water falls, brook & pond. I could do it, but figure a pro will do better on the liners.
This is what I'm taking out & redoing. Falls will be where the old pond was, new pond will be about where the white daisies are. Old pond is behind the bird bath.

Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I hope to get this tore up before Iowa RU. I will bring excess perennials to give away.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

You folks have been busy chatting away. My DGS was here over the week-end and he always appropriates my laptop for himself so I didn't have a lot of time online over the week-end. LOL Nice photos everyone. Some of you really have a LOT of snow! WOW
BP: love the rose garden==so pretty and how nice that the grandkids got to take part in making it. :o))

The sun that the weather liars said we would have today has not materialized.
It 's overcast here. Last week they were saying we would be up into the 50's with sunshine all week--now it is down to the upper 40's and overcast. Still, it does feel like spring is on the way--the birds are chirping and singing, the robins are searching for worms in the yard, green things are poking up through the dirt, so spring surely can't be far behind!

# Today: Cloudy. High 46F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Cloudy skies. Low 34F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

(Zone 7a)

No way am I going to be able to catch up. I do have one comment...

Bernie, that's going to great when it's finished. I saw those pretty bright yellow flowers off to the left and wondered what they were. Then, I realized it was your hose! LOL

36.6 F with 50 for the igh.
Mostly Sunny
Windchill: 37 F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 31 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.27 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2000 ft
Scattered Clouds 6000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

I woke Friday to the sound of a chainsaw. Since Spring is on it's way I didn't think much of it. Later in the morning, I went out to check the plants in the GH. Something looked not quite right outside. Then, I noticed the neighbors apple tree...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Morning!! I'm behind too, BP you have a couple of hard working cuties there!

Here's what we worked on all day Saturday. He's putting in the posts on this side today.

I'm going to say that it's in like a lamb here:
51.3 F
Overcast
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 10 F
Wind: 3.1 mph from the East
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph
Pressure: 18.41 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds:
Scattered Clouds 12000 ft
Overcast 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 600 ft
Today
Cloudy. A slight chance of rain during the day. Highs in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation 20 percent. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.
Tonight
Cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening...increasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.

Thumbnail by crissyr
(Zone 7a)

You both got quite a bit accomplished!

(Zone 5a)

Bernie, a cooler full of ice. Very descriptive. I suddenly felt bad for a can of beer :o)
Don't we get to an age where we're willing to let someone else handle a big job. We could have done the metal roofs on the garages ourselves, but we helped the kid we hired, to do the house, and I talked DH into letting the pro's in. Especially since I would have been on the ground lifting the pieces up to him. I kept picturing my head being cut off if I let go :o) That picture is gorgeous! The pond is going to be wonderful there, sigh...

Thank you Mau! They had fun helping and learned some skills. Robins...... sigh

Celia, hose, giggle. Yikes! Is that called pollarding?

Thank you Chrissy. We're getting them Thursday overnight. They haven't been here much lately. Wow, what are you building?

Weather liars were wrong here too. We are already 42* even tho it's cloudy. Lower 30's were predicted. I'll take it, but they were wrong.

I've been listening to the cardinals since they changed their winter song, for a week now. Spring surely is on it's way here.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

In like a lamb, but would you expect anything else?

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 10:51 AM PST on March 01, 2010
63 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 48 F
Wind: 4 mph from the SSW

Iceland poppy

Thumbnail by Kelli
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High of high 30s though it felt more like low 30s to me. lol. Cloudy all day and we have a chance of rain tonight. Much rather have gravel to fill in potholes. lol.

(Zone 5a)

Kelly, orange is the color that catches my eye this year. Last year it was coral. Love the poppy!

Pepper, you have my sympathy on the potholes. Where's the maintainer? That would have helped.

21* and I see stars, in the sky :o)

This is the morning moon on Feb. 27th, and it was about this orange. Gorgeous!

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 7a)

Cool moon shot, BP. Look eerie. I've been hearing the house finches males singing their mating song for about 3 weeks. Such a pretty sound. We have one I've named Charlie that sits on the old TV antenna on the roof and sings his heart out to all the ladies! LOL

Kelli has poppies! I love the orange.

39.9 F with 56! for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 35 F
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 24 F
Wind: 7.0 mph from the ESE
Wind Gust: 13.0 mph
Pressure: 30.10 in (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Mr. Big Stuff watching TV.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Spring is on the way here!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

BP That's a veggie garden for two of us! We're going have so many veggies we're not going to know what to do with them all, so I guess we'll eat them! LOL

Awesome moon!

Spring spring spring spring isn't here and those wind gusts are COLD!!

43.7 F
Overcast
Windchill: 43 F
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 5 F
Wind: 2.2 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph
Pressure: 18.41 in (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds:
Overcast 3500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 600 ft
This Afternoon
Cloudy. Highs around 50. North winds 10 to 15 mph...with gusts to around 25 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. North winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening...decreasing to 5 mph after midnight.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

snowing. again.

Ug. I'm so sorry Dyson, it will end, eventually. :(

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pretty poppy, Kelli.
Interesting moon shot, BP.

Crissy, you can always take your extra veggies to the Farmers Market and sell them!

Our high didn't get past 42F today and the wind was blowing so it has seemed colder but at least we don't have any snow like so many of you do. The cloud cover remained all day so it didn't warm up to predicted levels but they are promising sunshine and warmer temps for the rest of the week. We'll see.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, JuJu just got her spray already today and she is so sleepy from the surgery...

Here's Ju

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Crissy, you can always donate your extras to a local food pantry. They don't get fresh stuff very often and love it when someone does that.

BP: The county maintains the roads but they can't do much right now since there are still some spots that are frozen. Grading won't happen for awhile I don't think and they don't do a full coverage with gravel very often.

I forgot the weather. lol

34 F
Feels Like: 29 F
Wind: From NNW at 5mph

Next 6 hours: Mostly clear with temperatures falling into the upper 20s. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

(Zone 5a)

20* but it feels good!

LOL at Mr. Big Stuff. He's quite a cat!

Adina, they're little fairies flying. Adorable snowdrops!

Chrissy, LOL, that's a spinach patch for us :o) It was a beautiful moon! Ironically, I see it from the bathroom window when I'm, ahem, sitting :o)

Dyson, my sympathy. I hope to not see another snowflake this year.

Thanks Marsue, a cold wind is as bad as snow. It's all a delay :o(

Rusty, poor JuJu. But she'll be up and running in a day or two.

Pepper, your service sounds like DD's. They have tree lined gravel and it too stays frozen. They get the skinpy end of the gravel, living on a dead end with no school bus picking up kids yet. Dang those north winds!

We ran the Grandson home last night and had 4 deer cross at the Wapsi creek just before dusk. It's about 2 miles out of town. Then, we were half way home and there were 10 to 15 of them in a field. The headlights caught a lot of eyes as we turned the corner. We got back home without seeing any more.

(Zone 7a)

Windchill: 42 F with 52 for the high.
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 26 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 11000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I have a cold today. I think I'm going back to bed.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hope you feel better Celia!

Suns out and we're at 36 now heading for mid 40's.
We should be Sunny and in the 50's for the rest of the week.

Just got in from checking the Pond.
We have new growth on the Water Lilies and Thalia.

Ric

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

34 F and sunny here this morning. A warm-up and plenty of sun in the forecast--we might hit 40 F by next Monday. It will take a long time to melt away the piles of snow here.

Bernie.........There's little doubt your work will "look nice"! Are the tomato seeds you are starting for your early crop in the greenhouse?

Crissy.........I must have missed it. What are you building?

I've been playing in Photoshop....

early_bloomer

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

we were supposed to get more snow today - NADA and most of yesterdays is melted off and gone.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

E_B, gorgeous picture! Wow, all that snow again!
Celia, get well soon!
Sally, I love that, little fairies! You have such cute garden helpers there!LOL
Bernie, wow, your garden will look amazing!
Ju, you're so cute!
It's been sunny and warm again today, but it's getting cold. The wind started to blow hard and they forecasted snow and freeze this week-end...grrrr! My poor snowdrops!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

e_b That's Cool!

Adina the snow is finally melting off. Our Snowdrops are up and should be blooming in a few days.

Dave's will be down tomorrow from 1PM EST to maybe 4PM.

Ric

High in the low 40s today with lots of sun.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We actually had snow melting today. Didn't take time to check the temp.
Upper 30's & low 40's for the next week!
Spring maybe is going to come.
Last night they had a clip on the snow depth & water content. There is 4" to 6" of water in the snow pack in all of MN. Better get ready downstream on the Mississippi, water will be a risin!

We got our trailer out of the snowbank today. What a job. Finally swiped some wet gravel off the road & put it under the truck tires. When it got traction it came right out. We are going to load the cabinets Sunday & take off first thing Monday morning.

If this works like it should, I can do cabinets for anybody anywhere!
Bernie

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It said on front of the DG's homepage forum:

DavesGarden will be offline Thursday 3/4 starting at 10:00am PST(1:00pm EST) for a server migration for about 3 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause.

(Zone 5a)

Celia, there's nothing worse than a spring cold. Awww, I'd crawl into bed with him too :o)

Ric, new growth! Such a difference zones make.

Early, you're quite the ''painter!''

Dyson, Yay, snow melt!

Thanks Adina, the cuties are getting groceries with us today :o)

Pepper, we've had a few 40* days and it felt pretty good.

Bernie, if you have hope of Spring, then I do too. I'm glad I live about 20 miles from the Mississippi. :o) Smiling over the gravel. Sometimes you just need a little for the mailbox or what have you, right? Yo say that and you WILL be making cabinets for everybody, LOL!

Thanks Rusty, the Grandkids will be here, so I won't get to be on anyway.

21* and chilly. We're to get up to the lower 40*'s! Yahoooo!

(Zone 7a)

52 and possible rain today. It;s cloudy.

My brothers got a new toy!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Ooooooohhh!! Celia, tell you brother to bring that bike over here and leave it.

42 F
Feels Like: 39 F
Wind: From E at 5mph
Next 6 hours: Clear with temperatures falling into the low 30s. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.