Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Coral Bells: An introduction to Heuchera cultivars: Frustration in Texas

Communities > Forums > Article: Coral Bells: An introduction to Heuchera cultivars
bookmark
Forum: Article: Coral Bells: An introduction to Heuchera cultivarsReplies: 0, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ival
Arlington, TX

March 1, 2010
6:51 AM

Post #7596262

I've wanted to grow Heucheras in my north Texas garden ever since I "discovered" them at the garden store, then admired them growing at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden.
Every one I've ever planted has died, usually before the end of the growing season. And I've tried them in a variety of soils, locations, sun and shade, well-drained and moist locations.
Shade-loving plants generally thrive under the high deciduous shade that dominates my garden; but not Heucheras, even the native varieties. I wish I knew why.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Coral Bells: An introduction to Heuchera cultivars Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
THRIFTY GARDENING... Gymgirl 13 Feb 14, 2008 4:12 PM
I took Notes MistyPetals 0 Feb 8, 2008 2:30 AM
Heuchera That Doesn't Bloom darasalk 3 Mar 1, 2010 6:40 PM
Great Timing Caedi25 2 Sep 13, 2010 6:49 AM
love these jmc1987 0 Feb 23, 2014 11:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America