2010 nascar fans...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here i am at michigan last yr
the old guy is BOBBY ALLISON!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the new thread Martha!! Wow...Bobby Allison...way cool!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

plez do not call me martha!!! gag gag gag im Not martha Call me NM or dori even! anything but martha!! gag

got is autograph and several others that day! was a great weekend

This message was edited Mar 2, 2010 4:42 PM

Sorry Dori...I forgot the NOT!! LOL

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

That's a great pic! I love seeing and sharing pics. Here's one from me. Me and the soon to be five time champion! (I've been saying that since 2001)

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

And what Jeff Gordon fan worth a flip doesn't have one of these......

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i need one of these

Thumbnail by notmartha
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Cool pictures Dori.
I am so excited to have more people to talk NASCAR with. Spread the word. I have two NASCAR jackets, about 10 large die cast cars autographed by Jamie Mac and a piece of a fender from a race autographed, h has an old Red Dale JR NASCAR jacket too, we also have this huge 42 pennant for tailgate parties, but since I hate Juan Pablo I should set them on fire in a can at the next tail gate.

Jamie is good on road courses too so I have hope that he may win one of those this year too. He sucks on short tracks most of the time, though he was probably the biggest mover at the time of the wreck, he had went up from 24th to 9th. I still have hope.

I went to a house once of a cop who had built a custom home with an entire 800 sq ft room with more Jeff G stuff than you could imagine, it was the coolest room. We were in awe of it. It was set up almost like a soda fountain in part of it, with a popcorn machine and soda machine, bar with laminate 24 bar top inset if I remember right, it was just the coolest.

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Some of your people Dori? Heehee ;)

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Looks more like the people we used to ride with.

We were really into die cast ten or so years ago. Have a bookcase full. A few other odds and ends...Mark Martin autogarphed photos and pennants, jackets. We had a Gordon mailbox at the old house...DH bought it for me! We have always intended to make a Nascar Room but never have gotten to it.

This message was edited Mar 3, 2010 9:06 AM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

this was 2004 i have added more!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/468718/

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

You've got a very nice collection Dori...........well cept for the Jimmie Johnson stuff. Thanks for sharing it! :)

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Another race, another pathetic performance for the 24 team. Not to mentioned I picked him in our race pool. What WAS I thinking? *rolls eyes*

But it sure got exciting at the end there!! I don't approve of what Carl did...tho he said he only intended to spin Keselowski out....but Keselowski has caused numerous accidents over the last year and has targeted Carl Edwards and has NOT been called out on it by NASCAR. It is time they but that boy on notice too before he kills somebody! JMO

I love Jeff...but I wouldn't pick him to win! lol

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I had this whole big post last week and it would not download, glitches on this site it seems lately. So I won't go all the way back except to say, as depressing as it is how the last two weeks ended for Jamie, I love his aggressiveness at trying to win, he went from 24 to 9 when he wrecked last week, and this week he climbed up to 3 with 5 laps left before he wrecked. I'd rather see that than how it was, him in the 16 position and contently never pushing himself up a notch.

That said, it sucks about Jeff and Carl is an idiot, that was a bad wreck. They do make it more exciting though. I don't want to see guys die though in the name of a more exciting sport. Brad can't drive so he should not talk. I used to love Carl, but not so much lately.

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Bristol used to always sell out. Not any more. I think I heard there were 30,000 empty seats and area hotels had lots of rooms left...............

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I know that is so crazy, but that is why they are allowing them to take care of their own vendettas again, because that is part of what we miss. You can't pay that much for a ticket and then want to stay in a tail gate all day because that is more exciting than the race is.

I hate the car of tomorrow, and the NASCAR people getting involved in every little thing. Black flagging or DQ's for drivers who wreck and their spoiler is 1/1000 of a millimeter off.

Did anyone notice that my driver came in 8th. He was 3rd when he was wrecked last week in the last couple of laps and he caused a wreck that he had moved up from 24th to 8th, when it happened. So I'm just saying, I have some bragging rights, as far as hope goes for my #1 driver, #1.

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

You do have bragging rights and should do so! My man Gordo continues to suck. *sigh* I don't know what the TV showed, but there was a heavy mist/drizzle at Bristol when it wasn't raining. I got soaked and cold. Not a fun day especially considering who won. *rolls eyes* They are supposed to go back to the spoiler at Martinsville so hopefully that will help things? I'll be there as well cheering on that 24 car!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I know how that is too. It is so painfully hard to love a driver when he is having bad luck or bad runs. I am so tired of JJ, If you were there, you did not hear the guys in the booth say that the pressure of JJ winning is coming between JG and JJ's friendship now.

They told us that it was raining on one side of the track.

It was to bad Busch wouldn't let Mark get his 5 bonus points...and then ened up wrecking him to boot!

We are finding it very BORING to watch the Jimmy Johnson show every week. His winning so many races may lead to people turn it off....

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
We are finding it very BORING to watch the Jimmy Johnson show every week. His winning so many races may lead to people turn it off...

I couldn't agree more! Even back in the day when Jeff was winning everything I was getting tired of it. Not the winning per say, but more the expected outcome if that makes sense? I like pulling for the underdog and would love to see a Bobby Labonte or AJ Allemhowever you spell his name win. I have five more races to go to this year and aside from Martinsville and Dega (my two favorite tracks), it's more for what to do away from the track than the race itself. It's almost like well there's a race we may as well go since we're here...............

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
you did not hear the guys in the booth say that the pressure of JJ winning is coming between JG and JJ's friendship now.

I was there and I can certainly see how JJ winning could hurt Jeff and his friendship. I've noticed how Jeff is looking older and not in a good way. Like as in stress?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Me too. Jimmy Johnson, show, good one, I could not agree more.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol i have no problem with JJ!! he is a doll!!
and he is driving a chevy to the front!!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Boo, Dori, Boo! lol

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
Boo, Dori, Boo! lol

I second that! LOL

*pulls an arm off of his JJ voodoo doll* ;)

This message was edited Mar 26, 2010 9:06 AM

I don't really have a problem with him per say...it is just that if the same driver(s) when EVERY week you start to lose interest and don't watch. Doesn't matter if it is Johnson, Busch, Edwards ...whoever.

I mean what in the world do they have that the others don't ....LOL!

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
I mean what in the world do they have that the others don't ...LOL!

A crew chief that's very good with playing with the "gray areas"? ;)

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Looking like qualifying might be rained out as well as the race at Martinsville? :(

This message was edited Mar 26, 2010 3:47 PM

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Oh that sucks big time. I agree with not wanting the same 4 guys to run in the front all the time too. My h and I get mad when they only talk about and show the front of the field. They used to talk about all of them, after the Chase thing started, after the top 12 is determined, all of us who love our drivers, don't hear another word about them for the rest of the season. As if we do in the beginning of it either.

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

So I get to Martinsville about 7ish this morning for a 1:00 race. There's a light mist/drizzle in the air from time to time. There were maybe two very short showers less than two minutes each as well, nothing major. I hit the souvy trailers, etc, come back have a few beers and catch a quick nap. All this time I never heard the first jet dryer. I get to my seats about 12:30, the track is wet, still no jet dryers? They do driver intros, introduce people, have the invocation, athem and flyover. Which by the way I heard the jets, but never saw them it was so cloudy. The cars sat still covered and now they decide to start drying the track! We all looked at each other with that look?

Nascar could have been drying the track the entire morning? Nascar could have moved the start time up a couple hours to say 11:00? Nascar could have done away with the useless pomp and circumstance BS that noone gives a ratt's ass about? Did they do any of that? Hell no! I've heard all the arguments about TV time, the fans not being in their seats for the start, etc. I'll say this. Any race fan worth anything knows to be at the track hours before the race starts. Any Nascar fan worth anything knows that if rain is possible to be ready for an early start. Any Nascar fan worth anything that's watching at home on TV knows that rain can be a factor some days.

Having said all this could they have gotten the entire race in? I doubt it. However they could have gotten halfway and made it an official race. I would think they would have wanted to do that with the few fans they did have at the track today than have even more empty seats tomorrow? So I'll be on the road at 4:30 in the morning again for the two hour drive to the track. Hopefully they'll get it run tomorrow. If not, I won't go back until the fall race. Just a totally useless rant that won't do a thing except make me feel better. Having said all that I do feel better. It's time for some cold ones and off to bed I go...............

*poof*

Sometimes ya just gotta vent...LOL!

DH kept waiting...I am said honey they are not gonna get it in. He finally went and took his nap!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I AM SO MAD THAT JAMIE WRECKED, ONE STEP FORWARD AND TWO BACK.GRRRRR!

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

I feel your pain hellnzn11. At least Jamie has won this year. Jeff was THAT close to winning and didn't Monday. *sigh* For what it's worth I posted some Martinsville pics on my Flickr page and I actually took some race pics this time! LOL The link is below........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

That is cool. Why did you take a pix of Juan Pabl?. Booooooo!

If I did not just start a job, we would have went to some races already too, this year. Oh yeah, my h is locked out of his job too. Minor detail to forget.

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

I took a pic of Juan Pablo because I thought his car looked good wrecked! *snickers* You don't need to be forgetting minor details, they can add up you know. CRS tends to do that to people. LOL ;)

Is anyone on here doing any races this year?

Nice pics 24....no races here this year.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

We will go to Phoenix for sure in November. If my h gets back to work, we kind of talked about a celebration at Infinion, the Road Course. Jamie is great on Road courses too, so that would be fun to watch for me, though you can't see much, most of the time. It is in Wine Country, so it's pretty there too.

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

I love the road courses! They could do away with Texas, California, Michigan and put road courses in their place and I wouldn't complain. I've done Bristol and Martinsville so far this year. I still have Darlington and the fall Dover, Martinsville, Dega races to go. I'm only doing six this year plus maybe the ARCA race at Rockingham..........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.