Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Mini Rose Rescue: Certainly worth a save!

Communities > Forums > Article: Mini Rose Rescue
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mini Rose RescueReplies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
binibusybee
Osgoode, ON
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #7597158

Thanks for the lovely article! I am still not accustomed to the throw-away mentality of this continent and find it particularly sad when it affects plants which took a long time to grow, just to show us their blooms and then be thrown away. I have a little collection of mini roses in my Zone 5A garden that has been going for 5 winters now. They always come back looking happier then my "certified cold-rated" big roses! Ok, the odd one seems to die but such is life. The lady at the nursery did not give them a long life expectancy so I'm chuffed to see them re-awaken every spring! One reader mentioned a mini-rose that's 25 years old - impressive.

I started my roses off in pots but they fell victims to mildew indoors so I moved them out where they have been doing very well ever since even though the poor things have been moved about in seach of the perfect spot a few times.
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

March 1, 2010
7:47 PM

Post #7597360

Good to hear from another Rose rescuer!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mini Rose Rescue Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A really nice article Sharran 13 Mar 2, 2010 6:42 PM
Very inspiring! DMurray407 0 Feb 12, 2008 2:48 PM
What a Wonderful Idea!! SapphiresMom 1 Feb 12, 2008 11:34 PM
Thankyou Debbie2007 2 Feb 14, 2008 6:36 AM
Mini roses margieseyfer 0 Feb 18, 2008 4:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America