Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: A Second Chance For Helen's Hyacinths: Years ago

Communities > Forums > Article: A Second Chance For Helen's Hyacinths
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Second Chance For Helen's HyacinthsReplies: 0, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bozley
Columbus, OH

March 1, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #7597323

Some ten years ago, I worked at local grocery chain (which no longer exists.) Every Easter, the woman who ran the floral department would come to me when they were ready to "dump the leftovers." She knew I was avid gardener and would offer me the pots for a nickle, or a dime or a quarter, depending on how many bulbs they contained. I planted them all and can say they have all successfully survived the years. Her department got the profit, by I think I got the bigger profit from having the profit of enjoying the memories and joy each Spring. There is even an Easter Lillie that comes back, year after year. My partner, who has a Doctorate in Horticulture, has told me "forced bulbs are not scientifically able to come back," I've proven him wrong and he enjoys their beauty every spring.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Second Chance For Helen's Hyacinths Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helen's Hyacinths DEMinPA 13 Mar 7, 2010 10:59 AM
Nice story MistyPetals 1 Apr 3, 2008 4:40 PM
Charming story. chrisw99 0 Apr 3, 2008 5:58 PM
Wonderful story doccat5 0 Apr 3, 2008 8:50 PM
I'll remember this! karri_sue 0 Apr 4, 2008 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America