Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?: Friends everywhere

Communities > Forums > Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?Replies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Lancemg
Aylett, VA

March 1, 2010
8:44 PM

Post #7597546

Buckwheat is in the polygonum family, which includes such things as knotweeds and a bunch of others with the three sided seeds, which seems a very distinctive trait. I noticed the USDA Plants database also had a bunch of Eriogonum species called buckwheat, so I wonder what the difference is. The American beech, interestingly, is not in this family.
I find the internet an amazing source of information, and when you look around in the right places, friends just seem to almost pop out at you. Many lament the impersonal nature of it all, and I certainly wish I lived close enough to visit with these people I have come to know, but I have met so many wonderful people that I would not have otherwise. So, I enjoy trading pictures and stories, and look forward to continued friendship with people I have never met, and would not have met were it not for the internet.
And for all those reading and wondering how to get acquainted with someone you don't know, first pick a friendly site (gardeners are almost always gregarious) like this one, and just write to them. If you have a lot in common, keep on writing. I am looking forward to keeping up with my new friends just like Sharon, whom I met right here.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2010
12:08 AM

Post #7597963

What a very nice thing to say, Lance, and so true. I've met some of the nicest folks on DG, and through my articles. You are right, for us here, it's the love of plants, and the curiosity we have concerning them. So we ask questions and share tidbits of information and soon we find we are looking forward to hearing from them again. And so it goes.

Speaking of friends, I truly enjoyed the contrast between the photos of your snowy back yard and your trip to the balmy beach almost in the same breath! You are an amazing photographer.

Thank you, my friend.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cold feet Liquidambar2 7 Feb 25, 2010 2:53 AM
sobakawa pillows gloria125 19 Mar 13, 2012 6:22 AM
Rice and dried deer corn work well too darkmoondreamer 12 Dec 9, 2011 10:16 AM
Buckwheat, A Miracle seed 3pmp 1 Mar 1, 2010 11:59 PM
Buckwheat cozies Jeanniegardener 1 Mar 2, 2010 2:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America