Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Sorrel: sorrel or sorrel?

Communities > Forums > Article: Sorrel
bookmark
Forum: Article: SorrelReplies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Lancemg
Aylett, VA

March 1, 2010
9:52 PM

Post #7597697

Another wonderful article, always fun to read. I just wish I could read them all right away, but alas duty calls all too often. I will get this PhD done whether I like it or not, without neglecting my son.
As you noted in another discussion, there are different types of sorrel. There is Oxalis, which is the one that has 3 leaves and looks similar to a clover, and there is Rumex, which has the larger single leaves. And of course, each of these has a bunch of species and cultivars within them. I think Oxalis is edible, and there is a garden sorrel, as well, if I remember correctly, but I have not grown either one for eating, so I can't be sure. You might find it interesting, however, that Rumex has a 3 sided seed just like buckwheat, and is in the buckwheat or polygonum family.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2010
12:13 AM

Post #7597983

Lance, thank you!
Your knowledge is vast and I always appreciate what you share with us.

Luck with the studies, and enjoy that wonderful son of yours, that PhD will happen sooner or later...whether you like it or not!!

Stay warm...spring is on its way. Promise.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sorrel Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
fun irisMA 1 Feb 19, 2010 4:20 AM
Wonderful article mom2goldens 1 Feb 19, 2010 4:25 AM
Another plant I know nothing about Elena 2 Feb 19, 2010 4:47 AM
Sorrel Soup Gitagal 6 Apr 5, 2010 11:39 PM
sorrel in salad campsharyn 1 Feb 23, 2010 12:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America