Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Use the Winter Sowing Method to Grow a Rainbow of Annual Flowers: No Wonder

Communities > Forums > Article: Use the Winter Sowing Method to Grow a Rainbow of Annual Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Use the Winter Sowing Method to Grow a Rainbow of Annual FlowersReplies: 3, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
birder17
Jackson, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2010
12:49 AM

Post #7598110

Now, I know why my Calendulas did not sprout well. I planted them too late. I have Cleome and two kinds of Calendula sitting on my cabinet waiting for me to sow them. I guess I need to pull my heirloom tomato seeds back in the house. Thanks for the article. I missed it the first time.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2010
2:17 AM

Post #7598312

I haven't had great luck with cleome in WS containers, but I've heard the way to get them going is to direct sow a patch out in your garden, where they can reseed each year.

Happy sowing!
birder17
Jackson, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2010
9:09 PM

Post #7600311

Thanks for the tip on Cleome. I was going to WS it today. I want to plant it amongst my roses.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2010
9:16 PM

Post #7600334

That'll be pretty! Good luck

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Use the Winter Sowing Method to Grow a Rainbow of Annual Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great!!! Jax4ever 30 Feb 10, 2011 3:26 PM
Non-sprouters/ late sprouters pamsaplantin 8 Sep 7, 2008 4:45 AM
milk containers? Poetinwood 25 Apr 28, 2010 6:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America