Photo by Melody

Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?: Buckwheat cozies

Communities > Forums > Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds?Replies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Jeanniegardener
Lisle, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2010
1:42 AM

Post #7598248

I've been making "Cozies" with field corn (aka seed corn and feed corn) for several years. There is an inner cotton container with the corn inside, and an outer washable pillow case made from cotton flannel. Heated in the microwave, these hold their heat for about 30-45 minutes, and can be reheated repeatedly for years. My Mom took one to bed with her every night in the winter, and began using it during the day too when she was over 95 years old.

The scent when heated is like corn. My husband always asks me to "please pass the butter" when I wrap one around his neck.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2010
2:10 AM

Post #7598297

Hi Jeannie...
Now that I know what seed, feed, and deer corn are, I'll try that too. In spite of growing up a mountain girl, I don't seem to know much of anything about corn!

And I love the scent/taste of corn. I'll be like your husband and run for the butter.

Thank you so much. Glad it helped your mother.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Warm and Cozy Buckwheat Seeds? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cold feet Liquidambar2 7 Feb 25, 2010 2:53 AM
sobakawa pillows gloria125 19 Mar 13, 2012 6:22 AM
Rice and dried deer corn work well too darkmoondreamer 12 Dec 9, 2011 10:16 AM
Buckwheat, A Miracle seed 3pmp 1 Mar 1, 2010 11:59 PM
Friends everywhere Lancemg 1 Mar 2, 2010 12:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America