Photo by Melody

Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat Plants: Caudiciform plants

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Napergal
Naperville, IL

March 2, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #7599867

I am assuming that the example you referred to as Climbing Onion is what I think of as a Ponytail Palm?? If so, we had one that grew huge in a pot indoors. My mom had one growing on her property in Florida that was about 10 ft. tall!. ...razor sharp edges on the green fronds!!

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 3, 2010
3:16 AM

Post #7601214

A climbing onion is Bowiea... a small bulb with green-hair-like growths out the top that vine. A Ponytail palm is an Agave relative that grows into a massive plant, up to 20 feet wide at the base and nearly as tall. The two are completely unrelated.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
These are amazing! doccat5 9 Dec 18, 2009 6:00 AM
Can you ID the Pelargonium AnalogDog 2 Dec 18, 2009 5:48 PM
A big fat WOW! binibusybee 0 Mar 1, 2010 6:34 PM
Awesome Malestrom 0 Aug 26, 2010 12:57 PM
Euphorbia serrulata Roaringwater 2 Aug 27, 2011 4:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America