CLOSED: DEEJAY9'S SEED ROBIN IN FLIGHT PT 1

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Here Are the New Guidelines For this robin

First Just let me say These new guidelines Should have been in place years ago
before It got out of hand . Robins & swaps has gotten to laxed . many are sending good seeds only to
receive old or grubby looking packs in return . it is time to be more alert as to what is happening .
we need to take back out standards of good traders & report the ones who do not share in
the honest way of swapping .

with your help we can make safer trading out there for ourself & others . we just have to make them
more aware of what we exspect in our trades & if it is not met they will get a NEG FEEDBACK .

SOME OF THESE ARE WHAT YOU ALL WANT TO SEE & WE WILL ALL TAKE PART .

#1 NO SEED PODS OR HEADS OR CHAFF PLEASE CLEAN THE SEEDS AS BEST YOU CAN
BEFORE PACKING THEM .

#2 USE ZIP BAGGIES SO OTHERS CAN SEE THE SEEDS THEY ARE GETTING .
PRINT OR TYPE INFO & INSERT OR TAPE TO OUT SIDE. & PUT YOUR
DG USERSNAME ON THE PKS - IF THEY ARE FROM TRADES PLEASE SAY SO .

#3 IF YOU HAVE MADE UP ANY HAND MADE ENVIES & THEY ARE NEAT CLEAN & WE CAN READ WHAT IS IN THE
PK THIS IS FINE TO USE AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT TAPPED OR STAPLED ON ALL 4 SIDE .

#4 YOU HAVE 2-3 DAYS TO GO THROUGHT THE ROBIN I ASK ONLY THAT YOU WILL PLEASE
POST WHEN IT LANDS & POST CONF# WHEN YOU MAIL IT ON .

#5 PLEASE REPLACE WITH SAME AMOUNT YOU TAKE OUT & THEN SHARE WHAT EVER EXTRA YOU HAVE FOR OTHERS
TO TRY IN THEIR GARDENS .

# 6 ANYONE WHO MIGHT HAVE COMPUTER PROBLE MY PHONE # WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE ROBIN SO
YOU CAN CALL ME . & I WILL POST FOR YOU .

This should not be a stressed out Robin for anyone I do these for The Fun of Them & Help you Find Nice Seeds
While Relaxing with Coffee or Drink of Choice in your own Kitchen :) While the Kids & Hubby or wives & Kids Are out for the day :)
or maybe they might like to help choose .

I will be posting the Route later today If you Decide you do not want to follow these GUIDELINES Please let me know
Today . Will Remove you no Questions Asked

ONE MORE THING YOU NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE WATCHING FOR THE ROBIN WHEN YOUR NAME
IS NEXT IN LINE OR WE WILL BY PASS YOU . OR IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OUT OF TOWN PLEASE LET US KNOW.
YOU ARE NOT TO KEEP THE ROBIN ANY LONGER THEN 3 DAYS .
JUST BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS WAITING .

Thank you
susie

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 6:49 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

ROBIN #1 GOING WEST 180 PKS OF SEEDS

DISPATCHER1
MOMCAT / DEB
POISONDARTFROG/ALANA
FANCHER/WENDY
ROBYNZNEST/ROBIN
YARDQUEEN1948 /CAROL
SYRUMANI/NICHOLE
TXAGGIEGAL/MARYANN
SUSAN505/ SUSAN
ABLOOM/KATRINA
PATTI1957/ PATTI
CLANCAMPBELL/ CHRIS
BABSADVENTURE
DEEJAY9 HOME

ROBIN #2 GOING EAST HAS 180 PKS OF SEEDS
MEADOWYCK/JANET
IGROWINPA/LINDA
MOMOFTWO607/ERIN
GRAYON
MAUREENPMOO/MAUREEN*
KOBWEBZ/ANNETTE
CRIS316 / CRIS
ROCKGARDENER
FOTV /SUSAN
TAJ12 /TIM
IMZAD
GERABELL
BSGARDENS
CZIMMERMANOO
DEEJAY9 HOME

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 6:12 PM

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 6:38 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2010 7:10 AM

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I totally agree with your rules and am glad to hear that these seed packages will be much neater and easier to deal with, especially since this is my first one.

I'm behind ya gal.

So looking forward to taking part.

I don't need to send you seeds now? just wait till the box shows up at my place?

Janet

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Let's go! :)

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

OHMY GOODNESS 180 packs of seeds....... Ok maybe after it arrives I need to head to parts unknown.... and keep them all......rofl

Hay I have some seeds that I don't have labeled like from some hostas, would they be something I could put in???? I've got plenty of seeds to share just wondering if they would be ones that anyone is interested in?

All of my seeds are perennial seeds.

Janet

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Janet, tell us what you have . I am sure that some of us would be interested.
Susie, have the robins gone out already?
Erin

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I can not find Grayon, on the address exchange. Not there. Also, their is no name next to their username.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I went back to the other thread and the name under me GRAYON is suppose to be GARYON.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Erin

I was talking about the unnamed hosts seeds.

The squirrels love taking my tags off of plants especially in this one area of the yard, so these hostas I gave up on with names.

Janet

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

GARYON is not in the address exchange.

well it is an early Night for me I've sat here alday with these robins & No They have not gone out yet i have a few more things to tidy up on & The I hope to have them in the air MAYBE TUEDAY .
If I PUSH IT :)))) SO GOOD NITE ALL.

Well Looks as If I Will be getting the robins out in the mail MAYBE TODAY :)))))
will post a Glimps of What is Coming Your Way :))) later I have a few more Details to add :)
HAve a great day .

OK Just A Peek At What Is Ready to Be MAILED TODAY :))))
They Should Land By Weds

CONF :
Meadowyck --EAST------ 0309-1140-0002-1292-4707
Dispatcher1-- WEST------0309-1140-0002-1292-4868

susie

This message was edited Mar 8, 2010 9:03 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh how exciting. will post when I receive the box.

thanks again

Janet

Janet & Lou I Put Your Special seeds from me in the top envy with the INFO Sheet . & Address Labels .
Robins will be taken flight soon Have a great day everyone .

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Susie, just wondering if you mailed out the baggies today like we discussed. Talk to you soon.

Erin

Syracuse, NY

Am I still in? Is there a question about my address? I have sent it on to Susie.

Thanks
Grayson (garyon)

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

no, I just didn't see it in the address exchange.

yes mom they went out in the mail today

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I am so ready for this.

I Also wanted to say If you are using a po Box ADDRESS PLEASE Keep watch when it get close to you we do not want the Box sent back & have It cost the last one to have to resend out again it is not fair to them . SO PLEASE LET US KNOW YOU Are watching
for it .

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Meadowyck, Do you have a pic of the hostas or see something
similar online to go in the baggie with the no id?
Just a suggestion.

Susie, I don't think the robin will reach me by the 21st but it will be close.
I will be out of town at a business seminar from the 21st until the 24th.
If it starts cutting to close may I request it go to the next on the list & then
back to me?
Cris

This message was edited Mar 8, 2010 8:05 PM

cris I'm sure you will be back I would say you should have it about the week of the April 15-21st Guessing .

Here is what i wrote on the seed forum

I forgot to add my sticky lables for any onewho needed but sure you can find some thing to write on :))) if you need.
there is something reaally wrong with the new Conf# for they are not reading & I saw her scan them while i was there . so not sure what is going on .

but maybe it might arrive today Sure hope you enjoy it .

Just read the info & It will EXPLAIN To all you NEWBIES How This Type Of Robin Works You will See If We can Fine Good Honest Traders The Quanity & Quality Of The Seeds Will be able to get Better .

You Have to admit It is really HEARTBREAKING To COLLECT, CLEAN, & Package Our Seeds for trade Just TO Send to one person they sort & Send you back Someone else's Seeds Packed so tight you can't get into them .

NO MORE & you will have fun at your own table sorting throught & Picking your own :)
JUST Take Care & Don't LET YOUR DOGS : CATS OR KIDS Get to Them PLEASE .

Hey you all have a great day .
susie

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sounds good to me ...

I'm ready for the box ... ok well no I'm not ... lol ... I'll be seperating and bagging up seeds from seed heads very soon. But since I'm far down on the list I figure I have a bit of time to do my taxes before the seeds ... lol ...

Dogs cats and birds OH MY ... lol ... Sorry watched the wizard of oz last night ... lol

But I am coming across more seeds in this bottomless seed box of mine ... lol ...

Have fun everyone ! save me some good ones people ... lol =D

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

I am so ready for this.
If there are any hostas seeds, I would like some please??? I do not care if they are named or not....will research that later. Just have some great places to grow things and love getting the seeds.

Deejay, I completely understand the need for the rules. Got baggies and labels in hand.

Julie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

julie

I have hosta seeds but I can't remember which ones came from which plants.

So if you want I will put some in a bag for you with the pictures of the ones they came from. At least it is my understanding that the seeds don't come true to the parent? I'm new to hostas and first time collecting the seeds from them.

So if that is ok, let me know and I'll put then in for you.

Janet

OK I Just came back from a friends place & we were going through a couple books of hers & I saw Virginia Blue Bells & Saw they would grow here Witch I did not Know that so if anyone has any I would love to try a few :))))

thank you

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

well called home cause i couldn't wait till I got home to find out if the box came and nope, no box today. 8 ~ (

probably will be tomorrow when it is raining so it will get wet......

Janet

Oh Janet Please I Sure hope they do not leave your boxes in the rain can you call the PO & Have them hold it So you can pick it up . Don't you have a porch or Garage they can put it in ???

Maybe Put A Rubber tub out by your mail box for them to put the box inside . are you at work ?
maybe you can have a neighbor keep watch for it ??? . I cannot believe any mail carrier would leave a package out in the rain . I Sure Hope that is not the case .

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Not to worry my husband is going to stay home tomorrow instead of going with me to the dr's so he will be home to get it when the mailman drops it off.

Janet

THAT Is Good to hear I Have to check with my Post office to ask why the conf # Is not Showing up .
So will let you know later when they open .

Off To Feed my critters :))

susie

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I have pink turtlehead seeds if anyone is interested. They are from my own plants.

Erin

If anyone has any drought tolerant ground covers ... I'd love some seeds ... =D Any color except pink =D I've developed an allergy to pink this year ... ok it happened years ago ... long story ... lol

Brandy

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Box is going out in the mail tomorrow.

Don't want to be the one to hold up the seed box....teeee heeee.

So many incredible seeds yall.

Janet

Thank you Janet :)) Heads up to IGROWINPA

Here is a super condensed link to my wish list ... its in the Seed wants forum I think I'm 2nd or 3rd from the top ... lol You won't have to scroll down far ... Also there maybe others on the list that are in the Robin.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074307/

Have a great Day everyone!!

Any wanting any Arbol de chile - HOT Chili Pepper seeds ... PLMK! I have A LOT!!!! More than I know what to do with. lol

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Don't know how anyone else feels but personally I would
appreciate if everyone in the Eastern RR had a wish list.

I checked a name or two & nothing was listed. I'd like to be able to
put at least 1 wish pkg in the RR for all participating but have no idea
what some would like.

Cris

Cris
I Just shared some special seed i had extra . enven if it was just 4-5 seeds of something .
There is a Little envy in there for everyone so please be sure to take it out . Before sending the robin on to the next stop.

Good Night all
susie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I added another bag for my extra seeds that I put in, in hopes that the rest of the folks and our hostess will find something sweet that they would like to try. Several of the tree seeds were from a class that I went to in October at Holden Arb. here in northern Ohio and the trees are incredible. Hope yall find something from me that ya like and if ya do I would love to hear what it was.

Got the box out to Linda today, so hopefully the post office will get it there by Saturday.

This was so much fun to come home after a terrible day at the drs and just get to sit in the floor with them all spread out looking a reading and then looking up the ones I didn't know.

Enjoy yall. Susie I can't thank you enough for allowing me to take part in this, first time I ever did anything like this with seeds.....

Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.