Creative Concrete/Part 5

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

The other thread was getting too long, moved from: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/7650022

This message was edited Mar 8, 2010 6:49 AM

This message was edited Mar 8, 2010 6:51 AM

This message was edited Mar 29, 2010 8:43 AM

Have a few new pictures.

First one: Gator Fish bowl.
The hole in its middle is meant to hold a fishbowl so it looks like he ate a fish. Was supposed to be picked up last Saturday, but if it wasn't, will take a bowl in & get a picture of it the way it's supposed to look.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

This one was for the same customers that ordered the Pharaoh.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Love these little Teddy Bear Angels!

Thumbnail by Camillia84
Vero Beach, FL

Hi,Lori.I really like the swan fountain,glad to see it set up.Did the person who got the lions for their church say why they wanted them in their church?I think you said a church(same church?),wants the eagle on top of the world,again why?I am curious to know what they are representing.For the lion,I came up with Lion of Judah,but that is singular.I am glad you enjoy your work.Love,Susan

Hey, Sue,

No, not the same church. But yes, the lions are in the church by the podium. Can't remember what the lions symbolise but will ask Billi if he remembers what they said.

Not sure if the eagle is going inside or outside the church.

Finally getting around to having a Garden Party/Plant Trade at the shop!!!
Sat down with Billi yesterday & formulated a plan. Because he & Chris will be involved in it, had to set a date to do this.

Saturday, May 8th, at 11:00 a.m. .
Creative Concrete & Garden Center
1907 Casset Ave.
Jacksonville, Fl.

This will give all of us at the shop time to get things set up for the party.
Chris won't be able to get his flower or vegetable plants in until the mid part of April, but should have most of them by the time we do this.
I'm going to get a lot of my painting projects out of the paint bays by that time & Billi is going to set up some of the concrete picnic tables & benches there for every-one to sit at. Had asked him about setting them up on the upper deck with the other one, but turns out, Chris is going to be setting up plants there.

There will be lots to see & do, so would love to see any of you fellow DGr's that can make it!!!
Please D-mail me & I will give you all of the info.

Lori

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey your link on the part 4 and at the top of this page is not working.

I know---tried fixing it but guess I'm doing something wrong!!!

The weather lately has been preventing me from working outside on the larger items, so have been mostly painting stepping stones.

Have had the life size 'Jesus Praying' in the paint bay now for about a month, was too wet to paint for about 2 weeks & then the rain kept it too damp to paint outside. Finally got a break to work on it, & it's now almost finished!!!! Have waited almost a year to paint this one, but the customer that ordered it wasn't ready for it until thier pool was finished. Pictures soon!!!

So far, I have painted three out of five of the armed forces stones that we carry, have the air force one that I'm putting the final touches to. If I ever find the time, will paint one of each for display?, but as my hubby says "They don't stay on the lot long enough to be display"!

Have three new picture stones that I'll post as soon as I get them clear coated.

Thumbnail by Camillia84
Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

How heavy are the stepping stones?

Molly,

Not really sure, but can check in the morning as the weights are usually with the order numbers.

Can tell you by lifting & moving them all the time, that they are about 15 to 25 lbs., depending on whether it's round or square. Hard to tell, as they are solid weight & not like moving a 40lb. bag of potting soil. Best way I can describe the difference. I'm an old lady & I pick them up & move them all the time! LOL!!!

To cold & to cloudy to work outside today, so spent most of the day working on the wall mural I'm doing in my new office. Gotta goof off every now & then!!
Did get the other Air Force stepping stone done though.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Finally finished the dragon.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Wish the true colors would come out in the pictures, but unfortunately, they don't!

The 'Praying Jesus'.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Side view.

Thumbnail by Camillia84
Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

Wow! The dragon is wonderful. The Jesus is outstanding! He looks so real. Awesome! :)

Am going to try to move to a new thread where the link works, please bear with me!

Jacksonville, FL

Jumping in to give you a hand!!!! Please join us in our new room--pull up a chair, prop your feet up and see creativity at it's finest! >>>>>>>> meet us here>>>>>> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1084176/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images