Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Culver's Root and Cotton Mather: always a fan

Communities > Forums > Article: Culver's Root and Cotton Mather
bookmark
Forum: Article: Culver's Root and Cotton MatherReplies: 12, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
laurawege
Wayland, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2010
8:01 AM

Post #7615713

Sharon , I love to read your articles on daves garden. I hope you will compile them into a book . I just skimmed through the titles and it is getting to be pretty comprehensive !
thanks for sharing !
laura
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2010
8:05 AM

Post #7615722

Hi Laura,
Thank you so much...there is a book in progress.

Thanks for reading the articles, makes me very happy to know.
Best,
Sharon
laurawege
Wayland, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2010
8:29 AM

Post #7615797

please let me/us know when it comes out ! I'll be the first in line ! : )
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #7615853

Will do, thanks!
oldkate
Hillsboro, OH

March 9, 2010
4:56 PM

Post #7616909

Sharran - you will, of course, include ALL the garden/Aunt Bett stories you can put your hands on in the book and whatever else strikes your fancy. Good to hear it's finally in the works - your Grandmother and Aunt Bett would be pleased as punch - whatever that means!
Am going to do some research on Culver's Root - the veronica part of the name is familiar to me, but I don't know if I've ever seen the Culver's Root growing wild - so I need to learn more about it. Thanks!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2010
5:03 PM

Post #7616945

Hello, Kate...I hope you had a sunshiny day and enjoyed every minute out in it.

Thanks about the book. Good luck with Culver's Root.

And thanks for taking the time to read the article and to let me know!
And now you finally have something to research...glad I helped make that happen. Let me know what you find!

Thanks, Kate, it's always fun to hear from you.
mom2goldens
Carmel, IN
(Zone 5b)

March 9, 2010
7:38 PM

Post #7617340

Funny--I was just going to post that I thought you needed to write a book Sharran. You have a way of just making the words come alive, and your stories of growing up are amazing. Thanks for sharing with us.
Linda
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2010
8:17 PM

Post #7617454

Thank you, Linda.

I do appreciate what you say, and I'll remember you when/if I ever get this project completed. I should have started it wayyyyy back when I was living in the moment!!

Good to hear from you.
Hope spring's on it's way.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 9, 2010
11:33 PM

Post #7617852

Sharon, another wonderful story to brighten my day, thanks! I'm with the girls here, about getting a book published...congratulations ! I know it will be successfull! I'm also searching through all my pics to find one showing something similar to Calver's root...I know I saw it on the field!
Adina
laurawege
Wayland, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 10, 2010
3:35 AM

Post #7617961

I forgot to mention that I have culvars root in my garden , I love the way the leaves are in a whorl and evenly spaced along the stem . they look very Dr Seuss to me : )
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2010
6:54 AM

Post #7618393

Thanks, Adina...I want to see your picture when you find it.

Yes, very much Dr. Seuss-ish, Laura. My favorite memory of that was seeing it from below as it rose above my head all those years ago. Haven't seen it from that angle in a long time.
laurawege
Wayland, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 10, 2010
9:00 AM

Post #7618734

I could get down there and look up but I would have a hard time getting back up again lol!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7618737

Me too, I think!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Culver's Root and Cotton Mather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
That poor little girl Elena 21 Mar 10, 2010 9:37 PM
Can't wait! carrielamont 4 Mar 16, 2010 8:43 PM
Great article, well written lortay 3 Apr 6, 2010 7:38 AM
So much knowledge left untapped binibusybee 2 May 7, 2012 7:04 AM
Cotton Mather story RudysTreeFarm 0 May 2, 2012 10:35 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America