Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

PlantFiles How-to's: End of an Era

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles How-to's
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles How-to'sReplies: 3, Views: 79
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kennedyh
Churchill, Victoria
Australia
(Zone 10a)

March 9, 2010
1:22 PM

Post #7616473

I discovered Dave's Garden way back in February 2003, when seeking information about the Society Garlic plant.

I started that day adding my own images to PlantFiles and I then embarked on a mammoth task of going back through all my plant photographs (which started back in 1966), scanning them from slides and adding them to PlantFiles.
I have added 5 images just about every day for the last seven and a half years and this morning I added my last 9 images, bringing the total to 11074 images.

That will not be the last time I add pictures to PlantFiles, but from now on it will be much less regular and only as and when I take fresh photographs. We have just started autumn here so it is not a good time for flowers so there may be a lull before my next pictures.

I have a trip to Madagascar and South Africa planned for August, so I hope to have something different to add when I return.

Signing off for now,

Ken
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7616642

Ken, your photos have been a treasure and a resource for a vast number of people. Thank you for being such a blessing! Have a great trip. I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing what you find! ^_^

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #7618811

Ken, I can only say a humble thank-you for all the photos you've shared (and I hope you will continue to share!) You're a wonderful testament to what can be accomplished when members share what they know with others.
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2010
11:40 PM

Post #7791613

Many of the Plants I seek out are because of your photos! :-) Have a wonderful Trip

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other PlantFiles How-to's Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Why don't you follow the rules of nomenclature? Terry 1 May 31, 2008 3:40 PM
    Taxonomy changes coming in the PDB Terry 41 Oct 20, 2007 2:03 AM
    How do I search for what is reported to grow well near me? ceallachg 12 Aug 29, 2008 11:27 PM
    Meet your PlantFiles Editors Terry 44 Aug 26, 2010 1:35 AM
    Royalty lilac bigcityal 7 Aug 8, 2007 11:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America