Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Canada Goose cooking??

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Yesterday my DH was given a Canada goose undressed, he called on his hunter fried who showed him how to remove just the breast and thighs without picking so there is no skin.

I would like your best recipes for cooking said bird.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

I will be anxious to watch this thread. I also have some C goose breast "filets" that I am wanting to cook sp they turn out well. Thanks for starting the thread.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't have a recipe, but a friend put a pocket in the breast and stuffed it and then wrapped in bacon and roasted. Yummy.

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

That sounds really good!!

Thanks cpartschick.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Your welcome.

Juneau, AK(Zone 5a)

Our family has used this recipe for over 30 years. It is our children's favorite and now it is our grand-children's favorite. We have never used it for goose, but we have used it for nearly every other game bird like duck, pheasant, grouse, huns, quail etc. and for chicken. It is not only just good. It is the best. Everyone begs for more. They want it made for their birthday dinner etc.

I bet you cannot make just one time.......................................................... the family will not let it go. They will want it again and again.

PS do NOT muck it up by substituting fake butter or non-fat sour cream. It ruins it. Keep it like the recipe.

This message was edited Apr 3, 2010 8:24 AM

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Hi alaska_rick, I have been making Paprikash for at least 40 years, always a family favorite and I like to try different versions. I just checked out the link and will definitely give that recipe a try with reg. chicken and beef.

And I won't "MUCK" it up with that awful non-fat sour cream (can't stand that stuff) and I promise to use real butter;o)

Thanks a lot.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

LOL on the muck it up. Wow, that would ruin it.

I have a former co worker who brought in this wonderful cheesecake. It looked wonderful. First bite and you knew she was doing some substituting. She bragged how she made it low fat and low calorie. YUP, you didn't want to eat it. Saved me tons of calories.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.