Help! Fuzzy white stuff in one of my jugs =O

Westborough, MA(Zone 5b)

I noticed that in one of my winter sown jugs there appears to be some white mildew growing on top in a few spots. I planted jewel weed in them which I hope to have growing along a moist shaded area of my back yard. Does mildew on the top of the soil mean doom to all of the seeds I planted in it? Any tips on how to get rid of the mildew without messing the seeds up? It looks like there are a handful of patches 3/4 inch in diameter...should i just try to skim that soil off of the top? Any suggestions/past experiences are appreciated!

Calgary, Canada

I would scrape it off and perhaps run the jug a little on the dry side?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I also notice a lil bit... they are on big yogurt buckets... i bet all the snow melted into the slits, and it just got too wet. I took all the lids off today... think it rained a bit but i think with the lids off, they should be OK, as they can breathe.

By Monday we are finally expecting NO rain.

Calgary, Canada

And we would like a little here. The local arborists are recommending that we water our evergreens.

Westborough, MA(Zone 5b)

I think I will just scrape of some of the fuzz and then let it run on the dry side a bit. Next week it's supposed to hit mid-upper 50s so I could afford to leave the tops off for a few days.

And we have no need of rain down here--3 inches in two days is more than enough!

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

CL, if I could, I would send you a truckload of mud.

Calgary, Canada

And I would like to have it. I want to direct seed some poppies, but the seeds are likely to just blow away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.