Sprouts

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I got my first sprouts some time within the last few days- 2 jugs of alyssum, 1 dianthus, and 1 liatris.

Karen

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yippee!! It's so exciting isn't it?

Columbus, OH

I have sprouts, too...lychnis, clarkia, collinsia, lettuces and kale.

Cynthia (N. Kansas C, MO(Zone 5b)

Of 69 containers, I have sprouts in my Lipine container. My first sprouts as this is my first year to WS. Is it about time to sow the annuals or am I too late? Cynthia

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You can go ahead and sow them. Just watch them once they've sprouted if you get any freezes and either cover the jugs or bring them inside to protect them. This is just after they've sprouted, though, not before.

Thanks, Stephanie. I plan to get more jugs out - we'll probably still get some cold weather but I don't know about any more freezes. If the jugs are closed, will they be okay?

How about perennials?

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

First to sprout for me here in z6a Mass. is California Poppy, about a week ago. Who would of thought! Then I had English Wallflower, and Baby Blue eyes a couple of days ago. All those seeds btw were from '04 and '05.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Perennials will be fine if planted now, too.

Syracuse, NY

nothing sprouted yet

Thumbnail by garyon
Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I got sprouts (or at least, saw them for the first time) today, too: alyssum and calendula "citrus cocktail"!
So exciting! I don't have to worry about a freeze tonight, just a flood.

We're in Kansas City, MO, and I wonder if we'll ever see the sun again - snow, snow, snow - and now rain, rain, rain. I glanced at my seedlings and they are lookin' a bit moldy - yikes - c'mon sun!

Going to sow a bunch more perennials - I guess better late than never! Keep your fingers crossed!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

CapeCod isn't being anymore productive than I am today, I think. We have just been wandering around from forum to forum whining about the rain all day.

Karen

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

Totally whining! Stuck inside. Clicking around the forums, then tinkering with my new WS spreadsheet which is awaiting more info, then whining some more. If I were my mom, I'd be tired of me. Heck, I'M tired of me.

Quoting:
I have sprouts, too...lychnis, clarkia, collinsia, lettuces and kale.

Celene, I'm impressed! I didn't realize you could WS kale and lettuces!

Columbus, OH

I actually use flats for kale and lettuces, so I can transfer them to rows when I can till the garden, which at this moment is more soup than soil.

The weather forecasters say we may see the sun Wednesday. I am hoping so - I really want some sprouts. I'm concerned the ones I do have are gonna rot!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images