Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beauty and Fashion Tips: Bad Bad Haircut...

Communities > Forums > Beauty and Fashion Tips
bookmark
Forum: Beauty and Fashion TipsReplies: 5, Views: 260
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
deannaj1183
Canton, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7630446

So, I went to one of those "budget" places to get a trim and a larger section of bangs. I already had a chunk of cheek-bone length bangs that I really liked and cut myself, I just wanted more, and I didn't want to butcher my head.

So now I look like Edward Scissor-hands got a hold of my head. I feel like I have an 80's rocker cut. I had shoulder length hair before. It's still shoulder-length-ish, but has all sorts of uneven layers. None of the layers blend into each other. I have a chunk of bangs on the left side of my hair, but they are above my eyebrows at the beginning. Some of the hair there is seriously less than an inch long. Some of the hair that I think is supposed to be in the shortest layer is an inch long or so. There's no way that's supposed to be part of my bangs cause it doesn't even reach my forehead... The pic I am attaching doesn't look so bad, but trust me, it's bad.

So, should I just have damage control done? Get the layers blended together and stuff? Or should I cut it shorter and embrace a shorter cut? Could I do a shorter style? I wanted to grow it, but now I am not so sure...
Also, I am slightly over-weight, so no style suggestions that look good on thin folks only please :)

Thumbnail by deannaj1183
Click the image for an enlarged view.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7636584

In the picture it looks good. but if you don't like it, a professional can blend the layers.
deannaj1183
Canton, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 18, 2010
3:54 AM

Post #7637926

I actually decided to cut it all off. :D

Thumbnail by deannaj1183
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Anja778

November 13, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8888639

and if you want to know if your decision is right just post these pictures on www.quickchoice.com and get it voted on it just for fun you will really enjoy it
dawamart111
India

May 2, 2012
2:36 AM

Post #9106716

In the picture it looks good. but if you don't like it, a professional can blend the layers.
http://www.dawamart.com/
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

December 6, 2013
10:04 AM

Post #9722621

Too bad it was all cut . A trim and body perm would solv the problem or a good curling iron and backswept into a shark tooth hair clip . Messy looks "In " now .

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beauty and Fashion Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
mascara doghouse 22 Apr 10, 2009 1:15 AM
What base foundation do you use? konkreteblond 38 Jul 11, 2008 5:18 PM
Fine hair, help please! IO1 89 Dec 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Not meant to be ? renwings 34 May 13, 2009 10:08 PM
imitation diamond anastatia 12 Jan 8, 2009 7:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America