AuthorContent
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2010
10:01 AM

Post #7630808

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078031/

Come on in... We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074535/

Direction for free seed here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

Thumbnail by arejay59
Click the image for an enlarged view.

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2010
10:13 AM

Post #7630847

OH! OH! I'm first!!!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2010
10:18 AM

Post #7630861

Hi Marti!! Glad you found it...You are the first one here!!
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2010
10:25 AM

Post #7630880

And I'm second. Hi everyone. Cold and rainy here today so I'm staying indoors. Robin those grapevine cuttings you gave me last fall one or two seem to be rooting other two might decide to root later. Those two that are rooting will make DH 6 grapevines for his collection. Next collection will be strawberry plants.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 15, 2010
10:34 AM

Post #7630893

Well, guess I am third. Cool and windy here again today - depressing! I am ready for warmer, sunny weather. The gray sky and low light are really getting to me. I am starting to feel like a shut in - guess when that time comes I won't do well.

Everyone have a great day - waiting on better days to come!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #7630955

Sunny and warming up to about 80 here today! I sure hope it gradually warms up and not like last year where it went from the 70s to the 100s in two weeks time!
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #7630963

I just got my seed order in from Parks.

Strawberry spinach
Tricyrtis hirta miyazake
Poppy Peony Mix
Mimulus magic blotch mix
Digitalis grandifora (yellow foxglove)
Digitalis foxy (foxglove)
Easter eggplant (hybrid)
Columbine Clementine mix

Got to get my seed pots fixed up and get to growing.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 15, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #7631344

Well, I just found out I won't be doing much more gardening this year. Guess we are going to hit the road for awhile - we aren't making enough money here. So - guess this will be my grand goodbye for now.

You guys grow me something good - obviously I won't get to grow anything myself.

Hope to be back soon.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2010
2:39 PM

Post #7631506

enid,

I will miss you. Try to keep in touch somehow.

You have dmail

Marti
seray53

March 15, 2010
2:51 PM

Post #7631530

Big hugs to you Enid. Be safe! We'll miss you. Come back as soon as you can!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2010
2:56 PM

Post #7631547

Be safe candles and check in when you can!
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2010
3:40 PM

Post #7631638

Be safe Enid and check in every chance you get. Be sure to check out the plants you see during your travels and take notes to share with us. Oh and don't forget the photos either.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2010
4:45 PM

Post #7631851

Get in touch when you can Enid. Take your camera!!
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #7631865

Enid - travel safely! Have fun! Take pictures to share.

Hi - I made it over here too, am I # 4? - My envelope for the newbie seeds went into the mail today. Cool and windy here, with the sun trying to come out in the afternoon. Only 0.02 inches of rain out of the storm that soaked the southern part of Maine. Heard some places go 8.0 inches of rain!

Any advice on the best way for a newbie here to get going and learn all the features in davesgarden? Garden watchdog, I have found and used.

Last summer I had a woodpecker that liked to drink from the hummingbird feeder.

Thumbnail by ledgegardener

sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

March 16, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #7632905

Hello Everyone.
Thought I would give you an update on hubby. He was supposed to go in for the heart cath on Friday but had a panic attack instead so they sent him home. Sunday, he started feeling bad, so we went to the emergency room and they admitted him to the hospital. He had the cath done yesterday morning and it turned out that there was an artery fully blocked. By the grace of God, the doctor managed to unblock it using the wire(which is a miracle in and of itself) and placed the stint. Hubby is in ICU last night/today recovering, but doing very well and should be home this afternoon.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2010
5:56 AM

Post #7632928

That's wonderful news. I'm so glad things turned out OK. You and your husband remain in my prayers. Keep us informed.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #7632961

Welcome Ledgegardner! Just dive in, you won't be a Newbie long. Takes hours to surf this place but there's a ton of information here. You can find advice on just about anything green.

Good luck on your road trip Enid.

Glad Hubby is okay Sapphire, he should be good as new a few days after the stent. Physical Therapy will probably be next after some rest, but will definately make him feel better.

Al

This message was edited Mar 16, 2010 9:14 AM
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2010
7:15 AM

Post #7633110

Sapphire so glad DH is doing well already. We'll keep praying for his full recovery.

Ledge welcome to Dave's. The best way to work your way through the garden here is to start with what interests you the most and work your way down the list one at a time until you've checked out everything. We are always here to help you find something on here just ask.

Another cloudy day here but supposed to start warming up and the sun is supposed to shine later this week. I'm off to place an order for some seeds I haven't already got.

Everyone have a good day.
flowerfantasy
Washington, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2010
8:00 AM

Post #7633237

Hi All,
Not really been on for a few days but thought I had better check in today. it was really cloudy this morning when I got up but the sun is shining now and suppose to get up to 60 so that will be good for me. I can get out for a bit today.
Sapphire, Glad to hear hubby is doing ok now. hopefully that will take care of the problem.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2010
9:18 AM

Post #7633395

Hi everyone! Where you been flower?

Sapphire, good news! Excellent!

Welcome to the new Maine-ah, ledgegardener!! If you look at the top of the page where it has a tab called COMMUNITIES - click there and you'll see all the different forums DG has to offer. I think Al should have told you at least weeks, more like months, to see all the stuff here...
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2010
10:01 AM

Post #7633476

You're right, Kelly... I should have said hours a day, for months or so. I still haven't seen it all yet and it's been a year or so. I won't even get into watching all the forums. Okay, you could really get crazy doing this, some of the rest of us are already...just a warning.

Al
seray53

March 16, 2010
10:43 AM

Post #7633549

Hi Everyone!

Glad to hear the good news about your DH Sapphire! I know both of you are relieved. We all were worrying with you.

Cedar we still have you in our prayers.

Welcome Ledge! These people are great gardeners and I found when I came here they pretty much can tell you what you want to know. DG is fun to explore though and it does take lots of time! Lycodad was just being kind! We are all crazy plantaholics! This makes us worse and we wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

Won't be long before these guys are back! Where's Mekos? She's kinda like Waldo have you noticed? LOL

Thumbnail by seray53

ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2010
4:12 PM

Post #7634186

Hi All -

Hmmm sounds like it will take a long time to go through the information here, and the gardening season will be starting soon! Today was beautiful - into the 50's - hard to believe it just mid March.

Sapphire - best wishes to you and your husband, hope he is home and doing well.

Lycodad in Hornell - I went to Alfred Ag Tech (has a different name now I think) and Alfred University. Used to live in Portageville. Did some clinicals at St James Mercy in Hornell.

Locakelly - I will check out the communities tab... thanks.

I saw the article about planting in straw bails - has me intrigued, since there is little if any soil here! In the picture, you can see the ledge sticking up out of the ground behind the big black beast, not a bear, just my newfoundland. The wild berry bushes grow pretty well - and hard to get rid of.

Thumbnail by ledgegardener

SilverTigris
Cocoa, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2010
5:14 PM

Post #7634321

Speaking of newbie seeds I need to get my envie in the mail myself. I went out and got the envelope needed just have had other things on my mind and so it totally slipped my mind to send the envie..lol

Sapphire,

Glad to hear a catastrophe was avoided and that your hubby is resting comfortably. Hope he has a speedy recovery and that he's back on his feet and up to his normal self in no time :)

This message was edited Mar 16, 2010 8:16 PM

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7634345

ledge - love the rocks and the bear - lol. One thing I miss about Maine is the rocks and that things are actually green.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 16, 2010
6:15 PM

Post #7634458

Enid, don't be gone too long. I love knowing you.
Welcome everyone new. I bet you think I'm new too. NOT!! ☺ Love the big Bear dog, all I got is a big red mule but he sure is a winner.
Spring is not too far away Seray. Hang in there girl. Blessing for the husband, Sapphire.
Hugs and nuzzles to everyone from me and the Longear Tribe.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 16, 2010
6:19 PM

Post #7634470

enid just where do you think you are going do you have a lap top puter i sure wish you did that way we could still talk to you i will think about you often, and wonder where you are take care of yourself and your family love and hugs be safe, little nett[e

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #7634559

RRM - bet Charlie and the longears are so ready for spring!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2010
7:27 AM

Post #7635722

Love the picture Ledge, I have a bit of ledge myself down here at the other end of the state...Good Morning everyone.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #7635778

They are always ready for the grass to sprout. Have to keep them in hay to keep them out of mischief. All my Fig bushes are in very sorry shape. I believe they think they are goats.
Look at this picture very closely. This is fig bush Stubs. Look back at that old trailer, those donkeys are chewing the wood and I can't stop them. They are always into something. There is Charley coming toward me, he is always ready for a pet or cookies.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2010
11:32 AM

Post #7636289

Hi everyone, took me forever to find you all again.
The crocus are blooming here. I did a drive by on my flower beds...oregano is coming back. Mint is on the rise, of course. Artemesia silver mound is coming up. Lilacs are budding. irises and lilies are sprouting too. But lucky me, the puppies decided to chew on them...guess they loved the tender shoots! yay! NOT!
My daughter ordered me Mike McGroarty's backyard growing system...and it came in today. I have wanted that system for 7 years but never had the money to order it. Did I mention she is my FAVORITE daughter right now! LOL
All the chicks are in...so now I have 121 peeps in my brooders...They are just too cute and everyone wants to cuddle them. Wonder if they will feel the same when the chicks are older? Lots of peeping,pooping, and pecking going on right now but it will be worth it.
Ok, I am going back outside...it is too nice to be in the house!

love you all

ps(enid did you get my dmail?)

Julie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2010
11:53 AM

Post #7636339

Oh Jar I got it too!! Well not the full version but the smaller one. I cant wait to see how you come along with your chickens too!! Flower bed drive by...I like that that is pretty much what I did this morning. I see some Hydrangea's tempting the cool air and some daffodils breaking through, my irises look like they did not even see the winter,Lilacs are budding, my herb bed is looking promising, I think most everything made it. I am a little apprehensive about the Peonies I got from the co-op last year. They are not doing anything yet, maybe I am rushing it. I love Mike McGroaty , I just pulled it back out see if the refereser would do something wonderful to my yard this year!!
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2010
2:34 PM

Post #7636725

HI Everyone. Jar good to see you pop in. Robin I think it's a bit too early for the peonies I'll check mine and see what they are doing and let you know for sure. Mine don't bloom until May so I think they will just be getting started here.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 17, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #7637152

robin my tree peonie has buds but these are lear duds way to early to think about blooms, i can hardley control myself my oak leaf hydragnea also has leaf buds they aare native to arkansas pretty trees large white blooms and pretty fall folage it was a gift from a friend. we need all yhe friends we can make. i love people so never meat a strainger if you know what i mean. my mother said that came from being a army brat. she said that not me i think it is because i like people i paid for my daylilis i know that will make you prowd of me. thought i better be fore i forgot what i was doing. thats kinda how my mind works, littlenettie
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

March 18, 2010
1:22 PM

Post #7638933

Hi All. Dh is home and getting tired of being cooped up in the house, but getting stronger every day. Little guy is coming home from Grandma's tonight, so it is going to be crazy at my house soon. :) Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. We've been incredibly blessed.
Been sneaking out into the garden to see what has sprouted. Looks like it might be a pretty good year for the veggies. I think Saturday's big activity is going to be parking Dh in a comfy lawn chair so that he can supervise the corn planting. I promised him I'd do it after his surgery and the danger of frost was over. Guess I have to make good on it now. Never been so glad to do something.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2010
3:48 PM

Post #7639267

Loca and Seray, Mekos wanted me to tell you Hello an she is going to come back when things get straightened out.
Her CP plant is booming. Ain't that great??
Don't let DH do too much. Prayers for him to be better.
Lots of things are budding up now Nettie.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #7639296

HI Everyone beautiful day here so I sowed some more seeds. Tomorrow another nice day so more seed sowing on schedule.
I have butterfly weed up the orange and Hellow Yellow ones. When would it be safe to put those outside in the butterfly bed? First time I've grown those though I have the orange ones growing wild in a field near the house

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2010
4:55 PM

Post #7639395

I know those are beautiful and very hard to transplant because of the taproot.
Love butterfly weeds.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 18, 2010
7:16 PM

Post #7639733

Hey guys, did you miss me? I was gone a whole what, three or four days? That wasn't even worth packing for! We are home and hopefully, won't be leaving again this year. We no more than got to the Kansas line (only an hour from the house) and the company we have been working for called - wanted us back. They raised the rates so maybe we won't starve to death after all. I am so glad to be back, I was really worried I was going to miss crappie season. You only get to catch crappie for a few weeks and it is over - shoo, I will have fish in the freezer after all!

I appreciate all of the well wishes and addresses! You are the best group of folks - I was going to write to each of you - but here I am, in "person". Look out all - I'm back!!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 18, 2010
7:45 PM

Post #7639811

Oh, and since I am back - can I beg?? Does anyone have rhubarb? I would sure like to start some but haven't found it locally.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 18, 2010
8:23 PM

Post #7639898

rrm my dh says the vet. had him get nollie some minerals when she started eating every thing in sight. including the barm she is a spoiled old horse bill says you are like me you don.t have mules they are just big lap dogs if they need salt they will chew on the tail and mane of the other pakty. hope i spelled all that wrioht. nettie
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2010
8:37 PM

Post #7639930

Enid, Glad to see you back!!!! I have rhubarb...but it is just now starting to come up...so give it a month and I can send you some but you will have to remind me...I seem to have CRS-itis after the long winter! lol
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 18, 2010
9:07 PM

Post #7639962

enid im so glad you are back home i missed you.nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2010
9:19 PM

Post #7639980

Welcome back candles! RRM - glad you heard from mekos. I miss my little buddy. My CP has a new green shoot with a round ball thingy on the end - lol. You can tell I know so much about them. I'll have to try and get a pic tomorrow in the daylight...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 18, 2010
9:32 PM

Post #7639988

saphire im so glad your dh is better you know they are little boys in big bodys yhey can,t help getting bored if he had a baby he wouldn,t have time to get bored. im glad he is doing well love you nettie,
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 18, 2010
11:07 PM

Post #7640054

ladies talk to me about mints will they take over my garden my aunt from la. brought me some one time it took over ,i bought some lemon mint today ill plant it in a pot if im going to have to fight it all the time.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2010
5:31 AM

Post #7640295

Sapphire glad your DH is doing better. Candles so glad to see you back. Nettie all mints will spread so I put mine in big pots they do just fine there plus you can move them where you want to smell them.
Waiting for someone to pick up his posts so I can go to town and exercise and weigh and measure then I'm going to do some shopping and then I get to finally play in dirt again.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

March 19, 2010
6:21 AM

Post #7640367

I love mint, but down here in Houston, they go nuts and try to take over the world. I haven't planted any this year for that reason, although a spearmint plant almost came home with me yesterday because it smelled so good. If I didn't manage to resist the temptation, I'd put it in a pot and stick it up on the front porch with all of the other potted plants.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 19, 2010

Post #7640368

Yippee!! Rhubarb - if I remind you more than once is it begging? I really appreciate it Jar, when it is ready, let me know and I will send postage. Don't worry, I won't forget to remind you. I have CRS too - horrible disease - hate it when I go to get something, get there and forget what I was after. They say old age ain't for weenies - guess they weren't kidding - seems the older I get the less I get done and the more it hurts in the morning.

We have a blizzard coming tomorrow a.m., could start this afternoon; calling for 8-12 of white stuff. Hope everything I planted doesn't freeze to death - it is only getting down to 28 or so and only for a few hours so it should be fine. If not, I guess I will start over; not like I haven't killed stuff before!

Everybody have a great day!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2010
7:45 AM

Post #7640548

Throw a blanket it over it. It may help. Hey , girl. Are you ready for your willow?
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 19, 2010
8:07 AM

Post #7640594

Thought I might cover some stuff up - probably won't get round to it - intentions are good! Is that the corkscrew? I am ready when you are! Killed your begonia - maybe next time - I killed em all - don't know how but pretty sure they are dead - all brown and funky lookin. I really think they drowned - oops!!

I do have donkey ear and burros tail for ya - will ship when I get round to it - you know how I am!!

Dang, I am glad I am back! I would miss so much being on the road! I didn't take pics for you guys - all I really saw was DH sleeping and truck stops - nothing very exciting! I will take some pics of Oklahoma in bloom this spring. I love it when redbuds and sand plums bloom - the air smells so sweet!!

Gotta go dig in dirt before snow gets here - oh boy, I can't wait! LOL - this storm I could do without. Still waiting for daffodils and hyacinth to bloom - I am so excited!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #7640774

nettie - I have a chocolate mint and a pineapple mint planted in the ground in my raised beds - lol. I'm either brave or stupid - we'll see how badly they try and take over. The bed is small (2' x 10') so won't be too bad if I have to dig it out - lol. The other herbs nearby might not be so nonchalant about it though...
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

March 19, 2010
10:19 AM

Post #7640838

I have oregano that has decided to try and take over the world. I am letting it have a certian part of the garden, but that is it. Any runners anywhere else are getting nipped off and stuck in potting soil as punishment (and trades for me!).

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2010
11:04 AM

Post #7640936

Hey, loca, Mekos says "hello" I have some choc. mint too. Don't you run off Enid. Don't worry about the begonia. I mess up with my plants too, sometime. Aggravating too.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2010
11:11 AM

Post #7640957

Oregano does that here too sapphire. Good thing it's easy to pull up and trade.

I love my choc mint RRM - smells so good...

I miss my mekos;o(
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 19, 2010
11:38 AM

Post #7640996

Good Heavens RRM - I can't go anywhere again! The boy was freaking out with no one here to help with the little guy. You would have thought we were trying to punish him!

I know for sure I am crazy now - going to have blizzard conditions here tomorrow 65 now - so I am planting stuff anyway - worst case - it will die. I have a lot of experience killing stuff off so what the heck - nothing ventured, nothing gained! I am only planting stuff that has been sitting outside in the containers they came in - lilac, privet, dwarf burning bush, some other little bush emerald green something, I don't remember. If they didn't die when it was 16 out, I figure they will be ok now.

I miss Mekos too - where is Seray? Arejay - where did you go??

Does everyone know Jar likes rocks? We have some new folks here, thought they might have missed that!

Love you guys - have a wonderful afternoon
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2010
3:30 PM

Post #7641393

Enid you are too funny! See? That sense of humor you have has endeared you to us all! Glad you get to stay!

My oregano and chocolate mint and lemon balm all came back...I was thrilled and I don't care if they take over...Where they are won't hurt anything.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2010
5:16 PM

Post #7641585

She says she will be back sometime. :-) I know we are ready. (Our Mekos) She will be back. Want me to send you choclate mint Loca, Allright who besides Enids gets the dog gone Corkscrew Willow. I can't remember crap. Help me here girls.
Enid.
Mindy (?)
Loca where you one?
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2010
5:20 PM

Post #7641593

Yes RRM I was one of them wanting the corkscrew willow.
Beautiful day here so I spent most of it after we got back from town in the plant room watering and planting more seeds.

And I'm happy to report I've lost another 5 pounds and 6 !/2 inches in 4 weeks which puts my total losses at 12 1/2 for both weight and inches.

seray53

March 19, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7641743

I'm missing all the fun! Welcome back Enid! We missed you! I wrote a Mrs. Edward's story specially for you. Maybe Jar will edit it for me.

Hugs in waiting for Mekos.

So Glad you have to plant corn this weekend Sapphire! We were holding our breath for you. You are truly blessed!

I'm jealous MIndy. I think we need more of those piggy sammiches and mojitos. That way you'll look like the rest of us. ME I should say me. LOL

Hugs to all the rest. That CP sounds like you have a new pitcher developing Loca. I say YEAH!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7641744

Not me RRM. Our heat will kill it deader than a doornail - lol.

I have choc mint, but if I kill it I'll let you know - lol.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #7641749

Congrats Mindy on the weight loss! Good for you - it's definitely hard to do...

Seray - I took a pic but now have to find my USB cord to download it - lol. I have to figure out where to put it so the summer doesn't kill the poor thing.
seray53

March 19, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7641887

I think it'll have to go in the shade somewhere. How about under your shade cloth area that you use for Veggies. It's the humidity that might force you to bring it inside. It'll grow in a window. If it's a nepenthes. Otherwise a nice little bog under the shade cloth would work great! I have some sundews to send you and some of Blondie's S. minors if I haven't already sent them. Can't remember. OLD I'm waiting until the S. minors wake up and turn a little green.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7642084

Cool - that is good to know. I think I might be able to pull that off...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 19, 2010
9:53 PM

Post #7642293

mindy [ so happy for you have you boughy some new cloths yet. go shopping great fun yes.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2010
5:16 AM

Post #7642604

LOL Seray I only go to Curves 3 times a week but I do make an effort to get my money's worth out of the equipment because I figure if I'm going to pay to use it I'd be happier if it showed results.
No Nettie shopping for clothes is NOT fun for me even when I was a skinny teenager I hated shopping for clothes. But I have had to buy new jeans already and it only took 4 stores to find something that fit and only 2 weeks for them to start feeling like they were getting too big on me. The good news on those jeans is when they really get too big on me I'll have reached my goal for this year and can set a new one.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2010
7:42 AM

Post #7642882

Good Morning!! It is beautiful here!! Must be close to 60. Look what I found this morning!! Yeay!! Glad to see everyone back all is right with the world now, well almost Mekos will be here before long. Kind of like a spring bulb huh?Where is the story you wrote Seray?

Thumbnail by arejay59

enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 20, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7643207

Mornin' all - 28 and snowing here. Was 60 plus at this time yesterday. Do you think the weather is a little screwy this year?

Jar, I had a thought last night - do you have an Oklahoma Rose Rock? How about a selenite crystal - those I know I can get this spring - they won't open the park until April 15, but I can go dig you some after that. This link gives you a little interesting info on the crystals. http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/oklahoma/saltplains/sel...
you never know what the formation will be from year to year. Some years you can get clusters, some years perfect hour glass, sometimes, they are short and fat and not perfectly formed. It is a crap shoot but interesting none the less. The park is only 45 minutes from the house - it was closed for a couple of years, some boy scouts found vials of chemicals and the whole park had to be checked over. In the 40's they burried stuff like mustard gas out there and blew them up...well here is an article http://enidnews.com/localnews/x518668675/Officials-speculate...

Ok, enough fun facts on Oklahoma. You guys have a great day.

enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 20, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #7643217

Here is a little info on the Rose Rocks
http://members.fortunecity.com/rosaroca/roserocks.htm
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 20, 2010
10:45 AM

Post #7643243

Hey, maybe some of you would like to help this guy out. He doesn't say anything about wanting mass murderers so I will pass this on to you pros.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1082166/
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2010
11:22 AM

Post #7643309

I've already contacted him and will be sending him the postage so I can test his seed pods. Sounds interesting>
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 20, 2010
11:55 AM

Post #7643363

I saw you had been there Marti - thought some of the others might want to try that out. He is looking for 15 more testers. I cant help him out, it would not be a good test when you have no idea what you are doing in the first place!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2010
12:10 PM

Post #7643398

I d-mailed him and will test his pods as well. Looks interesting. I already start my seeds hydroponically in an Aerogarden so it will be interesting to compare...
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 20, 2010
1:43 PM

Post #7643549

It was worth posting then loca - didn't know if anyone would want to participate. I have nothing to compare to since I am new to gardening and certainly new to starting seeds.

Hope they work out - at least the investment is small.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #7643929

I just agreed to do it for him too.

Another nice day here so after another shopping trip and lunch I was busy sowing more seeds today.

Have some sprouting already that I sowed a week or so ago.
Rain supposed to be moving in now sigh I wanted to plant my veggie garden but depends on if we get the rain tomorrow or not
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2010
5:48 PM

Post #7643969

I will try Bill.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 21, 2010
7:05 AM

Post #7644985

Happy Sunday All!

Wife's birthday yesterday, just turned 60, I'm married to an official senior citizen now. I love the discounts though! Daughter planned a huge surprize party at a friend's house next door so had a great time, after two weeks planning she didn't have a clue.

We're taking a trip later on in mid April during Spring break to Texas and Arizona to visit friends and family. We'll be flying a big plane to get there, and possibly renting a small plane to tour the canyon areas near Sedona.

Al
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 21, 2010
7:10 AM

Post #7644995

Oh Al!! I dont often say this but I am so Jealous!! I hope you have a wonderful trip and take and share all your pictures. Sedona is wonderful!! I have been twice and would go back in a flash. Will you be flying over the hoover dam too? It is breathtaking as well. Especially if you are into history. I imagine the way they must have worked to build it with none of the miricle machines we have now!! The colors in Sedona Al they are truley incredible and from the air like that I can only imagine the sights you will see. Post when you can.
Robin
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 21, 2010
8:07 AM

Post #7645151

Goodmorning everyone... Hope you all are doing well.. We have been busy here..Pulling weeds from the flower beds, hauling pecan hulls for mulch for the beds.. I have daffs and paper whites in bloom. My irises are standing tall and looking great cant wait to see them in bloom this year... My lilies are poking there heads above the ground... The hosta is beginning to peak up out of the ground.. I see greenery on my black and blue salvia..Im sooooo ready for spring... My ws containers are greening right on up... I have some lupines in then that are ready to be transplanted out to larger pots( excited never grown any before).. The temp has dropped here this morning down to the 30's but supposed to warm up again tomorrow.. Ok im off to church talk to you all later Trish
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 21, 2010
10:10 AM

Post #7645413

It is a great big snowy mess here - and may get more this afternoon. However, it will be 60 tomorrow so should melt the crap away pretty fast.

The birds are about to eat me out of house and home. Filled all the feeders before storm hit - they were all empty this a.m. DH filled them - we are gonna have the fattest crows around. LOL

Everybody have a great day - DH and son are at each other today so you know it will be pleasant herew.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 21, 2010
11:33 AM

Post #7645587

candles - we go through a 50# bag of birdseed in about a week, maybe less - lol. The more you feed 'em the more they want. I'm hoping my investment pays off in some help from them with bug control!
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #7645810

Enid, I would love to have those, if it is not any trouble...let me know about postage so I can send you the money.
It is my dream to have a rock from all 50 states some day. I think that would make the most interesting rock garden of all, don't you think?

Gonna go check the link for non-mass murderers lol

Julie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 21, 2010
2:03 PM

Post #7645884

Julie I have posted so many rocks in so many places trying to get you to admit you like rocks!! I don't even know where they all are anymore!! You better make room some where you have now verbally spoken your wish for rocks from all over the country. She knows not what she has done...be easy on her.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2010
3:14 PM

Post #7646038

I'll get you a rock, mossy or no moss. From Ga.
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2010
6:07 PM

Post #7646515

Bring it on...If I build it they will come!!! ROFL!!!

And I will send in the pictures as it progresses! (wonder if I can make flags for all the states) hehehehehehe
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 21, 2010
6:09 PM

Post #7646518

I cant wait to see this one grow!!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 21, 2010
9:50 PM

Post #7646939

enid did you send this snow mess over here to me i didn.t need this nasty stuff.the only thing it did was give us a reason to burn yhe rest of the wood that is on the front porch. dh would have had to move it back around to the back of the house.pire place is in the middle of the house keeps the hole house warm. now i like that.dh has never been good at starting a fire but he is getting better he has been watching me my grand father taught me how to build a fire and how to fire a gun. dfdnt wont me to go cold or hungry. smart man taught me to fish also. he could dry stack rock and it never fell over or shifted i tried but you have to have a goog eye to do that myne always fell over i still try but i think it is a lost cause.enid i syill love even if you did throw snow balls at me just had to whine a little bit.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 21, 2010
9:55 PM

Post #7646946

You guys are a mess!!!! I will see what I can come up with this spring Jar. If you perused the article, you know we never know with the crystals. I will have to check around for the rose rocks, haven't ever seen those where you could just go pick them up - guess I best get to checking on how to make that happen.

Send a semi mossy one RRM - best of both worlds. LOL

Jar, was it you that is the geo...rock person? Somebody on here has a degree in rocks, I am sure of it.

I have a degree but it ain't in English! Spelling and such are just a bore! Why don't they have spell check on here anyway? It would sure make me sound smarter!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 21, 2010
10:06 PM

Post #7646971

Sorry 'bout the snow nettie - it had to go somewhere, I chased that crap out of here!
I can't dry stack either - my dad could sorta, his always leaned a little, never moved kinda like the leaning tower - it was stable - just not completely erect. I can build a fire and shoot good too, cain't throw a ball though. I can throw it, you just never know where it is gonna end up! It could be at my feet, over my head..wherever just never anywhere close to where it should go.

Did you know Jar likes rocks? Why I think of barb wire at a time like this I have no idea, but...I had a collection once - it was stolen. My dad and I went through all of the wire piles he could find looking for pieces I didn't have. We came up with a bunch of different kinds - some of them were pretty wild looking. We used to go pick up arrow heads - long day of walking, very little picking up! I guess you could say I spent most of my life in fields and brush piles.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 21, 2010
11:21 PM

Post #7647036

we will have good memories some people have nothing to remember. that would be very sad. i think.grandad was a one room school house teacher told some real good stories. played music by ear. i have gone to sleep many times to the sound of his pocket waech and his rocking chair. might have been a little spoiled he called me sister said i looked just like my mother.his youngest child. i still have that pocket watch. very special to me. littlenettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 21, 2010
11:59 PM

Post #7647051

i need to start some seed in the morning then need to visit the book store ive got a little cabin fever honest im just about crazy. have to get dh out or of the house or that will be two of us in yhe same house could be bad news if he had some black golf balls that might work. i try anything once nettie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2010
5:17 AM

Post #7647263

Good Morning!! Would my xone keepers meet me at my Dmail please??? Pretty Please and when you write will you tell me which zones you are sending welcome letters to? Thank You
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 22, 2010
6:19 AM

Post #7647363

is a xone keeper anything like a gate keeper? LOL - I have learned you special typing technique - been here too long...LOL I am a crap keeper, does that count?
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2010

Post #7647370

LoL I wish I had a smart** Avatar!! I love your quick wit Lori!! I am always getting caught!! Zone that is Zone...I do it on purpose want to know who is awake and reading!!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 22, 2010
6:34 AM

Post #7647399

Just givin' ya a hard time this a.m. Arejay.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2010
6:38 AM

Post #7647411

Yes and I have been giving you one over there!! Keeps the blood moving!!
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 22, 2010
10:46 AM

Post #7647941

You guys crack me up!!! Thought it was going to rain all day and be miserable but the sun came out and it is beautiful again. I seriously wonder if it's not too early to plant some things...Maybe I will try it and reserve some seed so it the frost does come I still have enough to plant later. ((((always manage to get myself in trouble with this thinking!))))
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 22, 2010
10:54 AM

Post #7647953

Bad move Jar, I'm tellin' ya, don't do it...I already did, snowed all over my stuff! The only real damage I see is a couple of succulents and the tiny black eyed susan vine I had been trying to keep alive for 2 months. I don't think they were going to make it anyway.

DO IT JAR - plant something - then we can be in a club together. We will call it the Ot Oh Club, probably better not call it the Oh &*^% Club, which we all know it really is! And you can fill in your own four letter word!

Ah, to heck with it, it is officially Lori's OH &*^% Club. I get to be president because I have more OH's than anyone I know - except maybe RRM. I better get outside, I think I am getting off track a little here!! LOL

I will send you guys a pic later to make up for being such a smartie!!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2010
11:27 AM

Post #7648019

I cant even talk I am laughing to hard.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 22, 2010
1:34 PM

Post #7648289

These grow on the neighbors side of the fence - almost looks like they are talking to the snow.

Thumbnail by enidcandles

seray53

March 22, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #7648552

That fence looks like you could lift it up over them and then they'd be growing on your side!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2010
3:12 PM

Post #7648575

They are on the neighbors side? R U sure they arent on your side, trying to get away so you wont put them in the brown picture? Fess up girl!!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 22, 2010
3:15 PM

Post #7648582

Seray, I knew there was a reason I loved you! Great thinking this is what I have on my side

Thumbnail by enidcandles

seray53

March 22, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #7648983

Alright! Your side will do just fine then! What else does she have growing next to the fence? LOL
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 22, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7649028

Oh, lets see, there is flowering quince, crepe myrtle, rose bushes, day lilies, creeping phlox, iris and a huge pecan tree. I think I will move that fence over 4 feet - it will look better over here then!!
seray53

March 22, 2010
7:01 PM

Post #7649126

Most of them will be on your side anyway. You won't have to move it. LOL Can't you get rid of that snow. Way too much of it this year! I'm waiting for the last freeze to do it's thing. It's a battle of the wills every year. I'm behind with things so I think it'll be a safe bet on me this year. Most of the time I'm replanting in the middle of April. I do have maters blooming in the green house.

How's Caleb Huneybunch! And we haven't heard from Cedar in awhile. Still have you both in our prayers.

Have a good night. Hugs
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 22, 2010
9:47 PM

Post #7649383

Just...Can't...Help...It...
Must ...Plant...Something...Must...Sow...Seeds...ARGH!!!!!

******not listening to the nay-sayers***** if it browns up I will Miracle Grow it back to green! I have faith

And if not...well, I will certainly be joining the Oh *#*! group...
Hi, My name is Julie and I have a brown thumb...

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!
seray53

March 22, 2010
10:47 PM

Post #7649435

... it'll be blistered digging up all those frozen babies you're planting. come down here and help me plant and get it out of your system. Green beer is gone by now but the pear trees are fantastic! The crocus are about done. The azaleas are starting to pop and I'm behind. My neighbors have cleaned up their yards and have mowed the first mow. Weed eated the first weed! I have 5 more hydrangeas to plant and 100 seeds. Haven't cleaned everything up, haven't pulled out the weed eater to find it needs tuning up and can't remember how to start the mower. My roses are breaking out and I haven't retied the trellis. The crape myrtles need pruning and I need to clean up the Monardia bed. did I mention I have 61 succulents coming in a month that need a special lasagna bed and that every daylily I have has a healthy case of aphids! And oh yeah there's that dang veggie garden.

Be careful what you wish for... LOL
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 23, 2010
5:27 AM

Post #7649679

I'll come help ya Seray - I'll do the work, you point and try to keep this baby from eating anything posionous. I figure I will be getting the best end of that deal!!

Jar, you poor, poor woman - no one should be forced to join the Lori OH's - HI my name is Lori and I have a brown thumb - my friend Jar likes rocks. LOL

You gals have a great day - I have candles to make.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 23, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #7649707

HI Everyone I'm going to be missing in action here for a bit as I try to finish up all the Easter stuff in time for everyone. One down, one almost down and one to start.

Cold and rainy here this morning. Jar what are you wanting to plant? you are in the same zone I am and I've been sowing seeds indoors and have lettuce and radish up. Would plant potatoes but too wet.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 23, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #7650353

Morning everyone! It's raining here again... And I watered the veggies last night - grrrrrr. Didn't think it was going to rain today - kinda came out of nowhere.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2010
10:06 AM

Post #7650405

I thought it didn't rain in Arizona.

Al

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 23, 2010
11:18 AM

Post #7650591

You and me both, Al - lol. It does rain, just very very little. Last year 3" total for the year. The last storm we got we got over 7" in about 2 days. Been a crazy crazy winter...
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2010

Post #7651275

Hi Everyone,
Spring is here!! Yeay!! That also means change and change is fun. Butterflies change, weather changes, seeds change. Time for a change of hands in the newbie keeper of the seed. Who is next in line? Dmail me if you are interested...it is the best job in the world.
Robin

Thumbnail by arejay59

jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 23, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7651404

Seray, if I could get to Georgia right now I would, just to help you in the garden. But then I would miss all the Lori Club Meetings where we trade dead plants and rocks! You can come up here with us!!! but then you wouldn't get the seeds and hydrangea planted...***quit bragging about being able to plant***

Mindy, the only thing I can plant right now are onions and peas and cold weather plants. I want to plant flower seeds and cuttings and more seeds and ...well I just want to play in the dirt! lol

Enid, What kind of candles are you making this time? I heard you make awesome scented ones.

Ok all, I have to go write some articles if I expect to get paid this week...So I will talk to you all later

(((((((BIG HUGS TO ALL))))) ****Waving Wildly to Charleen and Robin****
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 23, 2010
7:46 PM

Post #7651618

rrm i have a planter full of cala lily plants from all those seed last fall. when would you put them outside in a bed.nettie
seray53

March 23, 2010
10:22 PM

Post #7651893

OK Jar and Enid! Hydrangeas planted and aphids in heaven. I'll bring all my dead plants that didn't make it through the winter, a big bag of rocks, fossils included and we'll miracle grow the whole bunch while we watch it snow for the very last time! I'll bring some dirt for the baby and he'll have the brown thumb... LOL

Mekos says she misses us and sent some pictures of her plants that are coming up already way before anyone elses. Here's some of the pics she shared.

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

March 23, 2010
10:24 PM

Post #7651896

This is her CP bloom: The one from RRM

This message was edited Mar 24, 2010 1:24 AM

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

March 23, 2010
10:25 PM

Post #7651900

and this:

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

March 23, 2010
10:27 PM

Post #7651902

Anyone know what this one is?

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

March 23, 2010
10:28 PM

Post #7651904

One more.

Thumbnail by seray53

enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 23, 2010
11:33 PM

Post #7651944

You guys crack me up! I just came in from the candle shop - been trying out some new fragrances. Daffodil is one of them - I am not sure if I like it yet or not. I finally came up with a label that I think I like. I have been working on packaging for about 3 years - sucks to be poor - there are people out there that make a living doing that stuff. Dang, maybe I should have offered a professional designer a semi rim in trade. What was I thinking? Or maybe some rocks or dead plants. LOL
I gotta go to bed!

OH, it won't post my label, it is not in picture format. I will work on that later - too tired to mess with it now.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2010 1:35 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 24, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7652223

You will get it, Lori. Don't know about Daffodil, may be too sweet. Like Lilac. I hope I get Lilac blooms this year. Miss Kim is her name.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 24, 2010
10:27 AM

Post #7652677

Here it is
I will post a pic of the candle in all it's glory later.

Thumbnail by enidcandles

jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 24, 2010
11:34 AM

Post #7652778

Seray, is it a red twig dogwood? or are the leaves to big? I was comparing photos and not sure if my perspective is off or just my old eyes seeing things. lol
seray53

March 24, 2010
12:17 PM

Post #7652859

I don't know what it is Jar. It's pretty. I'm not familiar with all the dogwood varieties so that could be it. I thought maybe a viburnum or something like that. Pretty though. "don't know what it is but I want it" LOL Have to do some research. Ask Mekos. :)
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 24, 2010
3:01 PM

Post #7653210

Ok, now keep in mind that Lori knows nothing, and has losts of OH's...it looks like elderberry to me.

Don't laugh too hard, just looks like the stuff that was around when I was a kid. Someone has kept that one in line but that is sure what it looks like to me.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 24, 2010
3:23 PM

Post #7653273

Doesn't look like any elderberry I've ever seen.
seray53

March 24, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #7653360

ROTFL!!!

I heard from Mekos! She says it's an Indian Hawthorn.

She also said this about the baby:

"The baby picture is ok there. I wanted to thank everyone for all the prayers and show her off. She is 2 weeks old now and weighs 6 lbs and 10 ounces. She had lost down to 5 lbs at the hospital, but gained it back now.
I sure miss all you guys."

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

March 24, 2010
4:03 PM

Post #7653366

Here's the last one:

Thumbnail by seray53

enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 24, 2010
4:06 PM

Post #7653379

Told ya I don't know anything!
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 24, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #7653403

She looks adorable. But looks to me like that mouth is kinda stubborn looking in the first picture LOL.
seray53

March 24, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7653604

She was stubborn I imagine. Didn't Mekos say her DIL had lost 2 or 3 before? This one was their miracle baby I think.

I like your label Enid! Wish I could smell the daffodil scent? Can't imagine it.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2010
6:17 PM

Post #7653748

What a cutie she is!! Love the candle label Lori!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 25, 2010
9:10 AM

Post #7654916

She was determined to make it and Look at her, The Baby is Beautiful. Mekos little Angel.
ZeeGypsy
Elkland, MO

March 25, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7655529

I received my newbie envelope of seeds in the mail a couple of days ago and I was absolutely floored at the wonderful variety! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so excited to have the chance to grow so many new-to-me varieties, I don't know where to start, lol.

I hope to have plenty of extras this year to add to the seed stash--thanks again for such a fabulous welcome to a great community!

Blessings,
~Zee
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 25, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7655751

So glad you liked your newbie packet. Hope they all grow wonderfully for you.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 25, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #7656476

Hi all .. Hope you are all feeling good.. The weather here has been really nice... Ive been cleaning out flower beds.. I planted some irises and moved some coneflowers and daisies.. I think my CP died RRM I was hoping it just went dormant for the winter but im afraid it was more than temporary..Im glad to see the flowers starting to sprout.. I have a few hycinths, daffs and muscari in bloom now..lilies and hosta starting to poke there heads above ground so wont be long before they blooming and beautifying our world.. sigh.. ok kids calling talk soon.. Trish
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 25, 2010
8:47 PM

Post #7656500

You know, I never did send off for my Newbie Seeds...duh! I just kept getting all these really cool things in the mail when I signed up for trades and swaps that I forgot I could do that! ROFLMBO!!!

Enid, don't worry, I spend hours thumbing through books and catalogs and garden sites and still get so many wrong! Oh, And I do like the label. I bet the daffodil scent would be great. Do you do eucalyptus scented candles? ****I would buy a dirt scented candle right now if it would bring spring time weather with it when it burned!!!***

It is snowing again here right now...AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Leaving and heading to the other building...)
**steps back in to grab her rocks in the corner**
STOMP STOMP SNORT STOMP **distant muffled curses at "stupid white stuff again!**
SLAM!
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

March 26, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #7657022

Hello everyone! I have a question hoping someone can answer, I seeded some bat flowers. I have a green bat flower and one black bat flower coming up. They are an inch tall now, my question...what now? lol. I have no idea what soil or anything to do with them. lol.
flowerfantasy
Washington, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #7657149

Boy tishrh, you had better pat yourself on the back ! These girls have been trying forever to get their seed to sprout and grow a flower. LOL

Mekos little one sure is a cutie. I like them as long as they stay little, it's after they start growing up WHEWWWWWW !!!!!

Been working part time at a pet shop, it's only a trial basis right now so I haven't been on here and then last night when I actually had a little time to get on here we were having heavy rain and lots of cloud cover, I didn't have internet. Dang !!!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing ok
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 26, 2010
9:57 PM

Post #7659215

i had to take off thursday off hadto do a flower arrangment for the ft. garden show a small one no taler than 8in. i don,t like the small ones they are hard for me me my hands are to large to mess wiyh small things i lose patiencs very fast my dh helps me he always has a tape measure thanks to him i had to take it apart 3 times and put it back togeather i told the ladies at the garden show that i did 8in high by 8in wide [t was not a good thing no one should ask me to do anotner small arrangement csuse ill do anything to get out of it. bill just likes for me to do good if possible, i did my best.with his help without him it would have been 10 in by 9 in just wasn,t watching what i was doing. i bought more mint apple i love apple anything. guess i could just sit around and smell it, enid the lows in fort smiyh has what you been look for and no i would never say the beging word not nice you might give them a call. love and hugs nettie. im just about sick just waiting until i get a fever ive already ben to the dr. got chewed out for being out side to much.mold does a thing to me my eyes are badall swolen i don.t like it, but can,t get away from it everything here blooming trees flowers can.t stay out of it, im going yo bed.good day for all tomorrow enid honey you plant every seed you got . do it
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 27, 2010
9:26 AM

Post #7659964

Ok girls - here it is...(drum roll)

Thumbnail by enidcandles

enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 27, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #7659967

Now, please be honest. I am planning to present these next week to an upscale floral shop here in town.

I sell these all dressed up for 7.50 - I imagine he will sell them for close to 20 - like I said.."up scale". I can't afford to buy anything there - but it smells sooo good in there and everything is so pretty.

Anyway, tell me what you think - honestly please - or none of you get any more candles, ever. LOL
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

March 27, 2010
9:57 AM

Post #7660013

flowerfantasy- thanks! I was surprised myself but now I just don't know what to do with a batflower. Lol.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 27, 2010
12:05 PM

Post #7660238

cute! got a lot of Fru fru. Glitzy Ought to go over great!!!
GREAT JOB!!!!!!
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 27, 2010
5:35 PM

Post #7660843

Enid looks good to me.

Here's the latest doily finished.

Thumbnail by Mindy03

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 27, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #7660865

Mindy did I miss the other thing you were working on??? You were going to show a pic and I missed it...Some kind of hanging...
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 27, 2010
6:11 PM

Post #7660908

Nope still haven't put that together been too busy trying to finish the Easter stuff. The doily was one, one sweater just needs sewing up sides and sleeves, second sweater just started last night almost up to armholes on back of it. But will be finishing the wall hanging just as soon as I get these sweaters out of my way because Sister has dr appt with the dr she wants it for on the 16th. She is having disk repair surgery the 8th so I'll try to send it after that to cheer her up.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7660952

Candles, it looks great - very upscale... That shop should really like it!
seray53

March 27, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7660964

I like it too Enid! Here's a link to see the latest fashion in what else? Black scarf

http://www.furhatworld.com/marilyn-feather-edge-scarfshawl-black-p-1293.html?gdftrk=gdfV21056_a_7c265_a_7c719_a_7c1293

Lets see a pink boa next!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 27, 2010
7:04 PM

Post #7660997

very nice, ilove the naame sounds good enough to eat should make the house emell real good. love nettie you go girl your just good. you can do anything.
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 27, 2010
8:47 PM

Post #7661165

Enid I like it. But you said to be honest so I have to ask what it looks like if you put the black on the lid instead of the jar. That way the label is not covered with the boa...***ducking*** I like the label and think people should be able to read it clearly without anything covering it up. That is my honest opinion and I hope it does not make you angry. I do like the black especially with the clove in the scent. Perfect match there.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 28, 2010
5:09 AM

Post #7661460

How funny Jar - I woke up at 3:30 this am and it hit me - duh...put the fringe on the lid - won't cover label, removes fire hazard. Great minds think alike!

I went with the black and white theme for now due to the expense of supplies. Right now, I can't afford to have a ton of colors. I may expand to match fringe and candle color later on; have to see if anyone in the retail world likes these first.

I do appreciate everyone's opinions!
It is supposed to be nice here today - can't wait to get my hands in the dirt. It was rainy and cold yesterday, had to spend the day cleaning house - yuck!! I think I need a wife - she could do the cooking, cleaning and child care - I wonder how that would go over with DH. Somehow I doubt he will go for that, he just bought me a male tea cup Aussie - Chigger finally has a boyfriend! It will be awhile before they can breed, he is just a pup - I won't get him til next week but here is his pic.

Thumbnail by enidcandles

Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 28, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #7661486

AWWWWW Enid I want that puppy please let me have him. He's just so cute.

On the fringe stuff you might want to check out the yarn section and see if you can find what's called Fun Fur made by Lion Brand. It's expensive for yarn work but would fringe quite a few jars for you and comes in alot of different colors. There's also one called Boa but I can't remember this early in the day who makes it. And then there's the feather yarn GRIN. OK I'll be quite now. Have to get off of here and knit anyway.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 28, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #7661555

Hey, Lori, can you crochet a string?. With some of the yarns they have now, you could make your own.
Love the puppy. Breeding dogs, Hope you got high fences, but that is a beautiful pup.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 28, 2010
9:06 AM

Post #7661928

Once upon a time, a very long time ago, I could crochet. I tried again not too long ago - I remember how to hold the yarn - that's all. DC, Ch, SC...confuses me - need to look that stuff up again.
I have not looked a yarns in a very long time, will go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see what they have. That would be a much less expensive alternative - the eyelash fringe is $3.98/yd. I did find a 10 yd spool online for $14.00 but I wonder about quality.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

March 28, 2010
9:09 AM

Post #7661937

Oh Mindy, sorry - no you can't have my pup. He is a cute little guy aint he? My female is only 7 lbs - he might be 8 when he is full grown, I think he is 2 1/2 lbs now. I can't wait to get my hands on him - I can wait for the long nights of him missing momma though - it is always so sad to hear them cry.
flowerfantasy
Washington, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 28, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #7662100

enid,
If you will put him with your other dog he will be alright. That's what I did when I brought my new puppy home and she was fine. Sleeps all by herself now. LOL
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

March 28, 2010
10:37 AM

Post #7662105

Shucks Lori I really want that puppy too. Not that I need any more right now with 3. If you can get a washcloth or sock put in the momma's bed until time to pick him up to take with you when you get him her scent will soothe him some so he won't cry as much.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2010
11:18 AM

Post #7662187

Cute puppy! Our Yankee never cried when we brought him home. The breeder sent him home with a blankie and toys and he had no problems adjusting... We're getting Yankee a wife. Right now she is only 5 weeks old so we won't get her for a few more weeks...

Some of you have seen my Yankee, but for those who have not...

Thumbnail by locakelly

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 28, 2010
11:54 AM

Post #7662265

I had a poodle, that slept with a teddybear. Get him a little toy.
Beautiful little dog, Loca. He looks loved.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2010
12:11 PM

Post #7662295

Spoiled is more like it, RRM - lol.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #7662300

Here's a link you all might like. It's the Eagle Cam at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. Three baby eagles were born this month. It's lots of fun to watch...

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html

If you double click on the video it will make it full screen. Escape to exit full screen.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 28, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #7662517

Hello all, I love that site for the eagle cam loca.. We have some bald eagles who nest not to far from our house and who fish from our ponds.. They are so beautiful to watch..

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2010
3:35 PM

Post #7662784

Here's another one I love... A Bear Cam - Lily the bear and her cub...

http://www.bear.org/website/lily-a-hope/live-den-cam.html
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2010
4:45 AM

Post #7666297

Over here Nettie
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

March 30, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7666691

I'm the one who has the degree in rocks. Was super busy for a week or so there and wasn't online much.

Enidcandles, I am totally stopping at the Selenite Park on the way to/from Montana this summer. I've already emailed the trip organizer about it (my dad). Hopefully he'll agree. My son is already an old hand with shovel work at the ripe old age of 3, so it should be fun for him too. The candles look great too, but I agree about the fringe on the lid.

Cute puppies ya'll. I would love to have a Pomeranian, but I already have two kitties. I am living vicariously through the new puppy that my neighbors got. I already have enough toddlers in my house.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

March 30, 2010
2:09 PM

Post #7667654

By the by, I picked up a new pastime over my week's abscence (which I have a note for from Dr. Spring-has-officially-arrived-in-Texas). I started a blog to chronicle my gardening, the antics of the kiddo and the cats, and low cholesterol/low sodium recipes as I perfect them. If you're interested, its jessaminegardens.blogspot.com Feel free to comment or tell me I'm doing something wrong. :D
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 30, 2010
9:02 PM

Post #7668549

ok im back what am i doing rong i don,t think ill ever get it right. here i go again love nettie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2010
2:28 AM

Post #7668729

Good Morning Everyone,
Hi Nettie I sent a lost a lost and found link to you, if you get lost find the dmail I sent it has the link to get you back to us!! I am off to see Sapphire's blog, http://www.jessaminegardens.blogspot.com
Love the candle Lori.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

March 31, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #7668957

http://jessaminegardens.blogspot.com/

There it is. No www :)
seray53

March 31, 2010
3:01 PM

Post #7670181

Looks Great Sapphire! Nice format, beautiful son. Thanks for sharing.
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #7670278

Hi Everyone - I didn't mean to disappear, but I lost this thread - but now have found it again. Great to see the adorable little baby girl. Hope she keeps on growing just fine. And news of a puppy on the way - wonderful.

It has rained since Monday and there was a total rainfall of 3.02 inches. The sun came out this afternoon and was wonderful The peepers are singing. It has clouded up again, but the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny for the weekend. If we could have a little sun things would start to green up.

Glad I found my way back.. good gardening to all.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 31, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #7670781

You folks on the east coast are getting hammered with all that rain! Not a good way to start the spring off...

Right now new puppy's arrival date is set for the 17th of April! I can't wait, even though I cringe at the thought of potty training again - lol...
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 31, 2010
7:38 PM

Post #7670809

It reached 71 degrees here today and expecting to get warmer as the weekend approaches...so happy about that!

How many of you are going to a Round Up this year? My chicken partner in crime, AnnieBBB and I are hosting one this year...first one in this area...(New Philadelphia) on July 10th. Should be a fun time. Glad we are going to one first to see what all goes on. I'm actually a little nervous about it but I think it will be a lot of fun. Wish you all could be there...I so want to meet you all.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 31, 2010
8:16 PM

Post #7670893

They are loads of fun! Don't be nervous - it's cool to finally meet some of the people you've been talking to on Dave's. Went to my first one last November and we have the spring one coming up April 10th!!
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 31, 2010
8:24 PM

Post #7670919

Ok...That makes me feel a little better. I am really excited about it, but I already said that didn't I? roflol
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 31, 2010
8:26 PM

Post #7670927

i have some plants that are pushing the season my old ground orchids are up and have big blooms buds if we get a late freez won,t get to see them bloom this yearcan not think of anyway to cover them. no idea at all. dh can come up with smothing if he wants to all i can say is ill pout all dayhe will point at his eye and ask me if i see anyone in thair who cares my son yhe nurse has gone to hot springs for the weekend to visit one of his friends bill and i are home alone we could hurt one another but probley not i like to buy plants and he only spends on golf stuff. wish you could plant golf clubs and make more we would be rich i need to get back into the real world love nettie
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 1, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #7671486

I want to go to the Houston RU, but unbeknownst to me, my mom scheduled haircuts for that morning for all of us. So we'll see how it all pans out. I do want to go though.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 1, 2010
8:08 AM

Post #7671779

Why can't you go after you get your haircuts??
Nettie, you should be getting mail today, I hope.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2010
8:13 AM

Post #7671792

HI Everyone Lunch break before starting on the first sleeve of 2nd sweater. Checked my plants in the plant room and found I have my first tomato up Kellogg's Breakfast was first out of about 13 different varieties. I also have flowers up but I haven't a clue what they are since I forgot to label them.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 1, 2010
10:37 AM

Post #7672114

Found out that haircuts are at 9am. RU starts at 10. We'll be late, but we're going!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 1, 2010
5:19 PM

Post #7672900

Very good. I know you are glad.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 1, 2010
7:50 PM

Post #7673297

robin i planted some of my peonies to deep one time had to take them out and start over my mother said yhey would not come up if you get them to deep they. are all up and look real good. the red didn.t bloom last year i can hardly wait dh is afraid im gona put a grow light on them.ground orchids are up big blooms this year i hope spring has sprung in arkansas. got one of those dang white ribbons at the flower show that is last place they loved the choice of colors. that was nice,of the judges i love purple and yellow and green.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 1, 2010
8:28 PM

Post #7673361

rrm probley saturday mail moves real slow around here.rural mail man. i ment woman and i think she visits alot on the route.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 1, 2010
10:52 PM

Post #7673537

talk later past my beed time love to all. nettie
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 2, 2010
6:04 AM

Post #7673859

I am soo in trouble... I am starting to develop a love of jasmines. I could be seriously in trouble...especially since there is a tropicals nursery near where I work.
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 2, 2010
7:00 AM

Post #7673966

Sapphire, and why would that be trouble? After all, they made it convenient for you to pursue your passion. Seems to me, that would be no trouble at all!!!! ROFLOL!!!!! But jasmine smell so divine when you walk out side and their scent fills the air. I used to have climbing jasmine on the front porch when I lived in Florida, and every night the scent would drift in from outside...HEAVENLY!!
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 2, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7674002

Its trouble for my pocketbook. :D And because I am going to have to buy a house so I have somewhere permanent to put the darn plants! I have carolina jessamine on the front porch so I get to smell it every morning before I leave for work. It always puts me in a springy mood.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 2, 2010
8:14 PM

Post #7675731

hi girls i planted a flat of alyssum today it works well in the rose beds makes them look good. and i like it wish i had bought some seed early on the plants were kinda pricy i thought. got them out before the rain moved in i didn,t have to water anything. loca love your little yankee bet he is rotton to the core. dh and i have two and they just let us live here. they run the house.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 2, 2010
9:45 PM

Post #7675981

lol nettie - we call him a terror instead of a terrier... He's so cute he gets away with a lot. His new wife will be here the 17th. Can't wait, though I'm not looking forward to potty training another puppy;o( Maybe the girl will be easier.

I love Alyssum - bet it looks great in your rose beds!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 3, 2010
8:28 PM

Post #7678228

Hi everyone.. The weather here has been beautiful.. Ive been digging up flowers and moving them from one bed to another.. Just worrying them to death probably..But the beds are looking all nice and clean...Its nice to see so many flowers starting to grow.. The hosta starting to fill out the beds, cant wait to see some blooms on the flowers...I love those spring bulbs, they just seem to bloom way to quickly...My dogwood trees are filled with blooms today shining white and beautiful.. I will try to get a picture tomorrow to share..I hope you all have a Happy Easter.. Trish
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 3, 2010
9:56 PM

Post #7678397

Hi all, did ya miss me?? I have been crappie fishing since tuesday - do you think the fish would bite? Nope, we caught a five gallon bucket full - makes a one gallon bag of filets. After I left, my BF caught that many in three hours. Oh well, better luck next year - we had a good time.
I came home with two confetti lantana starts, a flowering almond and some sedums I can't identify. I have a huge spot picked out for the lantana, I can't wait to see that established and blooming! The dogwoods and redbuds are blooming, the lily of the valley was beautiful - spring popping up everywhere down there.

I got home and have hyacinth blooming so we are getting closer to a real growing season.

Chigger gets her boyfriend tomorrow - he is such a cute little guy - I will post his pic when we get home with him.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2010
5:55 AM

Post #7678772

Happy Easter Everyone!!
[url= http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-easter/videos?paidlink=1&vid=HIS_SEM_ContentNetwork&keywords=easter traditions&utm_source=google_content&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=easter&utm_term=content_easter traditions#history-of-the-holidays-easter-video]The History of Easter

Thumbnail by arejay59

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2010
7:19 AM

Post #7678920

Happy Easter Everyone!

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2010
10:54 AM

Post #7679259

Happy Easter!!

Thumbnail by locakelly

seray53

April 4, 2010
12:46 PM

Post #7679406

Happy Easter Everyone!

Thumbnail by seray53

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 4, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7679502

ive solved my problem with the wild mint family d husband gona bring me some big truck rims i ask for 5or6 what ever they will let him bring gota figure out where im gona put them cause need hil and dh to do that my back can.t handle them they are heavy. thats a understatement. nettie
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 4, 2010
1:38 PM

Post #7679519

Good weather! Been working out in the yard moving my woodchips to spread them out were I want them. Mowed the yard. I'm changing how I'm laying out the front yard as far as grass and flower beds. I think it will look better. I'm trenching for my surports for the raised beds. Started at the porch and will work my way around the front of the trailer.

I'm having 3 loads of composted manure, leaves etc delivered after I get my check on the 21 of this month.

I will sleep well tonight!
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 4, 2010
6:28 PM

Post #7680069

Finally finished the new front flowerbed. Dh went over board and bought flowers for it too. Marigolds and dahlias. :) Its a little odd, but the combination is growing on me, and he was so excited about it that I just made it work. LOL. I think I'll sleep well tonight too!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 4, 2010
8:20 PM

Post #7680324

hi girls and al spring is here the big oak trees have sent me in the house they are doing their thing if the wind blows the nasty mess will come on in the house and all over the porch.if we get rain it will help i don.t think that is gona hapen wish wish it would rainknock it out of the air and off the tree. looks like its haveing a bad hair day lots of little curls. the pecon tree will be good to go soon. if they didn,t bother me so bad it would be ok. im praying for rain.my head hurts going to bed early. i hope. love nettie hope your trees are not spewing polin everywhere. like these are itell mnself the shade makes life bearable in the hot time of the year.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 5, 2010
3:37 PM

Post #7682237

Yes, we have a yellow haze in the air and everywhere else. Did you ever see an orange car with a yellow tint? Wonderful. Hope we get a rain.
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 5, 2010
8:14 PM

Post #7683020

Seray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I got??????????????

ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, well, crystals actually...BUT THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much...
Will post a picture tomorrow... I was amazed at how gorgeous they are and so BIG!

I will treasure them always.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 5, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7683047

I watched a program on TV about a giant crystals. Some of the crystals were over 18 feet long and weighted over a ton. It was on the History Channel Sunday nights. I wish I could of recorded it.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 5, 2010
9:19 PM

Post #7683138

yes rain not wind please just rain going to clean the strawberries out in the morning never seen thst much henbeck in one place in my life. hate the syuff. missy said she would come help me sure hope she shows up. my only daughter.also oldest child. going to bed earley i think.rrm i think that would be a sick color not smothing i could love.have a 13year old grandaughter who loves orange her favorite color.my kaci loves orange. she thinks im going to give her all my little trains that ive picked up all over the u,s, and i probly will one spoiled little girl, she would sell them. the rest of the kids will do the same. don.t care any more what they do with any of it. wish we had spell check on here i need it bad. love nettie
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2010
10:12 PM

Post #7683245

HEY Everyone! How are you all doing? Just wanted to pop in and say hello.. (((hugs)))
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
5:39 AM

Post #7683555

About time you popped back in Mechelle how are things going with you these days.

HI Everyone nice day again so back out to unload manure should manage to get it all done this morning. Then it's housework I didn't get to yesterday. Everything planted in the veggie garden that can be planted. Boy, one of those peanuts I bought was hard to shell by hand even DH complained about that. I gave up but he managed to shell enough to plant a row and part of another one.

Well the dogs know it's time to go outside so I'm off of here. Have a nice day
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #7683708

Had a beautiful weekend and Monday here. I'm raking off and getting ready to plant the early stuff. I've got tulips, crocus, and daffs everywhere thanks to all of you my DG friends. My early tomato plants will be ready to send out in a couple of weeks, I'm watching them daily.

Have a great week all!

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 6, 2010
7:16 AM

Post #7683790

OMG, it's snowing again. So envious of all of you having nice sunny weather and being able to work in your yards! I want spring to come to my house.
seray53

April 6, 2010
10:30 AM

Post #7684262

Hi Everyone!

Glad to see spring springing up everywhere. We'll do the spring dance for you skellogg and send you some sunshine.

Rocks are good Jar! Glad you got them.

Loca you have dmail.

Hugs to all!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 6, 2010
2:35 PM

Post #7684778

Well I managed to stick my phone to the computer and get on while my DIL is here to help me.
HELLO to everyone!
The weather is in the 90's here for the last few days and it's so HOT can't go out except early morning or just before dark so not to get burned. What happened to spring time!?!
☺I'm sweating bullets here. Just be glad you got cool weather skellogg, I'd trade any time! I never got a snowman at all. We got snow late in the evening and it melted before morning a couple times but none acumulating for snowman making. URG!
Don't pay attention to the containers I store rain water in and a bag of potting soil where I'm repotting some of my babies and take a look at my easter cactus starting to bloom. I started pulling some of my plants out of the greenhouse cause it is getting way too hot in there and found this one. Orange, red and purple colored all in the same pot. I need to find a bigger pot for them this year.
Hope everyone is doing good and big hugs for charlie and the long ears.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2010
2:46 PM

Post #7684802

Hope sspring is here to stay for you all (and soon to come for you sk)... Beautiful day in the neighborhood. Thanks for the d-mail seray!

RRM - here is my PP chuggin' along...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #7684823

Your Easter cactus is gorgeous mekos. Good to see you!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 6, 2010
4:07 PM

Post #7684969

Mekos has a button, Seray and I all have butons. Boy is my cp prolific. So Happy everyone going to get seeds and new cp's. Mekos Charley wants a Mojito and some sammiches, You know you have him spoilt and he misses you. He sends you lots of nuzzles.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2010
8:05 PM

Post #7685596

What is that button going to do RRM? Can you tell I'm CP-challenged...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 6, 2010
8:25 PM

Post #7685648

ledge don.t feel bad about being lost i stay lost about half the time. arejay haelps me alot. ask her im sure she would send you a dmail with the link in it that way you could just go to your d mail and find one from arejay and click on the link and come backto us.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 6, 2010
8:50 PM

Post #7685706

RRM, what is the little round ball INside there? Is it a seed pod or something? I think
Loca's looks different from mine.
Big smooch for Charlie. Love that big red furball.Got turkey sammiches and Mojitos for him too. What the hay--- Turkey sammiches and Mojitos for everybody! WooHoo! Night John Boy. Later dudes.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2010
9:03 PM

Post #7685726

Your's looks like it's open and mine's closed. Dunno what it is supposed to be - lol...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 7, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #7686216

It is a seedppod, Loca. It has little seeds in it. When it dries and cracks open , the seed will fall and you will have new baby cp's for the kids to watch grow. I have to keep a wire over mine to keep the dogs out. But the birds enjoy them. I believe it is the water that attracts them. See the tiny round thing by Mekos fingers? that is where the seeds are.

sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 7, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #7686382

Anthony in the bluebonnets at my grandmother's house.

Thumbnail by sapphirestar19

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
7:45 AM

Post #7686389

Oh now I'm excited for baby CPs - lol...

Anthony is a cutie!
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 7, 2010
8:39 AM

Post #7686539

Thank you. I think so, but I know that I am incredibly biased. :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 7, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #7686716

Very cute little fella.
seray53

April 7, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #7686819

He looks happy in those bluebonnets Sapphire. Looks like you have a gardening buddy.

Mine's closed too Loca. You know how Mekos is she can grow anything with nary an effort. If she looks at it it blooms. LOL

Glad to see you posting Mekos!

Hugs

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #7686930

You're right about mekos seray - lol...

RRM - there are some little green plants growing in the peat with my PP. I think they hitchiked from your place as they don't look familiar to me - lol. I'll try and take a good pic tonight and post it and maybe you know what they are. Very pretty dark green leaves. If it's a weed I want to get it out of the PP pot - lol.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 7, 2010
3:06 PM

Post #7687434

CP pot, child. Your plant hasn't bloomed out yet. Loca, Mekos has her in a garage is father along in developing. that is actual seed pod. Yours will look like a balloon, then will get the seed pod. You may already have baby's coming up . Cause I didn't watch them at all unti l started giving them all away. I bet they are young plants.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
3:13 PM

Post #7687451

PP pot (Pitcher Plant) sound rather funny now doesn't it? LOL...

The green things don't look like PPs... I'll try and get a picture tonight.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
3:30 PM

Post #7687489

Look how pretty. I went out this morning and it was in full bloom. Got some yellow tulips blooming too and azeleas. And my iris beds are filled with green leaf stems and looks like they will be a georgeous display a little later.
The one thing I was amazed at was the white bird of paradise that I left outside in ground in zone 7 remember, is green and survived. They can survive my zone. I composted and mulched around it before the first freeze and it survived and looks so good. I cut off most of the long shoots when I composted over it but it is about 2 foot tall right now. WooHoo!
(I'm sorta in shock I'm still able to get on here again, but my DIL helped me string a cable to get a better signal and it works better now.)

Thumbnail by mekos

jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
3:43 PM

Post #7687513

Mekos, so glad to have you back and to see all the beautiful pictures your posting.

My VFT has little seed pods on it too...I am so excited about that.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
3:49 PM

Post #7687523

HI Mekos so glad to see you back more often.
Sapphire that is one cute fella enjoying those flowers.

Sweaters are done except for buttons which my friend is going to put on so tomorrow is picture taking time. So far everyone loves them who's seen them so guess I did good.

Been a nice day here today. Got my red buckeye and lemon verbena yesterday waiting for it to cool off some before I plant them.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
4:11 PM

Post #7687560

Is that Lantana mekos? I'm surprised it looks so good after winter!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 7, 2010
5:51 PM

Post #7687841

Hi everyone...My pp didnt make it... waaaa I think someone one watered it chlorinated water when I was hospital with Caleb.. I had hoped it was in hybernation.. I looked for a new one at lowes yesterday but couldnt find any... Its nice to see you again Mekos.. your flowers are beautiful as always...I love those cactus..I worked outside all day.. I dont think im ever going to get this big ole yard clean...Hope you all have a great night... AL let me know when you are ready for those irises.. I will get them in the mail to you...Trish
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7688007

Hi Hunybunch, long time. Sorry to hear about the baby. Hope he is good now.
The yellow flower bush is kerria joponica bush. We always called it the easter rose but double kerria is it's real name. So easy to root pieces if ya want some. just break a piece and stick in the dirt and water it. I may even be able to find some rooted if ya want some.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #7688029

mekos, that kerria joponica is beautiful. If you have an extra cutting I'd love to have some.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #7688108

Sure Marti. d-mail me your address and I'll get you some out this weekend.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7688112

Had this blooming in my greenhouse this morning. A sunflower.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
7:28 PM

Post #7688121

My puya plants from fall planting seeds. They are ready to be seperated and repotted now.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #7688129

Sowed seeds of the red and the green Amaranthus that looks like a bush giving the bird to passers by and here the seedlings are.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
7:37 PM

Post #7688147

Cool plant mekos, the kerria japonica. Does it have thorns or something?
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 7, 2010
7:57 PM

Post #7688187

it sure is loaded in blooms...Its beautiful...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
8:00 PM

Post #7688193

NOPE. Just pretty blooms. This is a little close up look. It puts up a stem that cascades over like a fountain of blooms. It multiplies to make lots of fountains to look like this one does. It is about 4-5 years old.

Thumbnail by mekos

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 7, 2010

Post #7688260

storming here tonight... I only have internet connection every once in a while..Here's a pic of an iris I had in bloom today..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 7, 2010
8:36 PM

Post #7688284

This lil dwarf bearded iris bloomed a few days ago..

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
8:45 PM

Post #7688308

That's pretty mekos... The first pic I though for sure it was a Lantana and you had the greenest thumb ever - lol. They freeze back even here in Phoenix, blooming with toasted leaves all winter long.

Cute Iris, huney! I have buds on a few but no blooms yet.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
8:51 PM

Post #7688324

Hunybunch-Those are so pretty. Mine are just green leafy right now.
We are suppose to get rain tomorrow but nothing yet. It's suppose to turn of cooler too after the rain. It's been in the 90's this week, and we are suppose to be around 60. We went from winter to summer and forgot spring. But cooler is good.
I have gladolias putting up and iris and a lot of stuff but not ready to bloom yet. My callas are getting tall.
Here is a yellow tulip.
Think I'm going to turn in for tonight and try again tomorrow. Night all.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 7, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #7688347

enid the sponsor is diging day lilies are you ready im trying to get ready, watch now it will rain like crazy. oh well just go with the flow. we can do it. nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
9:02 PM

Post #7688354

I so love your blooms mekos! Did your Sapphire Showers make it through the winter?
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
9:08 PM

Post #7688367

Not sure yet. I can't remember where I put it. But I think it did. I can't remember what it suppose to look like. I got some stuff that I'm not sure what it is yet. my jasmine vine and coral vine did good. I put them in the same hanging pot to save space and keep up with them and here they are.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
9:13 PM

Post #7688378

Your vines look good! My SS pot blew down in this big wind we had and I had to repot it... Thought it was dead - lol. Cut it waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back and it's sprouting new leaves! If your's dies lemme know and I'll find you another one. I took cuttings of mine before I cut it back but not sure of they will root. Not the right time of year for cuttings from it but they aren't dead yet, so that's a good sigh!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
9:17 PM

Post #7688382

Loca take a picture of your vine so I can see what it looks like-PLEASE. then maybe I can find mine and label it. I sure would appreciate it. just a close up of the leaves would be good. I'll try to check back in tomorrow.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
9:28 PM

Post #7688392

I have a pic here somewhere... hang on...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
9:29 PM

Post #7688393

closer pic...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
9:30 PM

Post #7688395

one more...

Thumbnail by locakelly

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 8, 2010
4:44 AM

Post #7688622

That is beautiful, did you say Sapphire showers? Is it hardy? I thought it was a wisteria but it sure isn't. If you have any to spare, send me one. Mooching here? ☺☺
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 8, 2010
5:25 AM

Post #7688695

Thats a pretty vine loca..I dont have alot of thing for vines to climb on yet so I havent collected alot of vines...I'm always scared I will let them get out of control.. The morning glory vines and wisteria vines just wrap the woods up around here from years of no control..

I want some calla lilies that is something I have never tried to grow.. I thought they wouldnt grow here for some reason.(dont ask) They look so exotic..I have to find out what they like to survive and get me some...

We got nearly 2 inches of rain last night, not that we needed it. We still had water standing from the last rain but oh well, my plants wont be thirsty...

Ok im off to see what home schooling lessons we have to get done this morning... Ughhh my most dreaded part of the day...Talk soon..

This message was edited Apr 8, 2010 7:27 AM
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 8, 2010
6:03 AM

Post #7688755

That sapphire showers plant is beautiful. Could I beg a cutting too?

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 8, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #7688807

Technically it's a shrub hardy in 9b-11. I have it potted and it blew over in a huge wind storm we had. Thought I lost it. Took cuttings before I repotted it and cut it waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back and it has new growth finally. It's not the right time of year for cuttings as the new green long growth roots the best, but I'll see if the cuttings I took root. It's kinda fussy. It took me several tries to root one for mekos last summer - lol. So I'll put RRM and sapphire on my list if I can get these to root. If not it will be later in the summer before I can try again.

It would take off like a rocket here in the ground, but I worry about a freak freeze taking it out. Thus it remains in a big 'ol pot for now.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 8, 2010
7:07 AM

Post #7688880

I've got all the time in the world. :) And I am a very patient woman. :D
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 8, 2010
8:24 AM

Post #7689105

'Mornin all! Great pics guys, love seeing what is going on out there in the rest of the country - not much happening here yet. Murder at Lori's is about it - you remember the Lori's Oh &^%$ club, well, I did it again. How many times did I tell you, no planting in Oklahoma until April 15? Did I listen? Well no! Did it freeze last night? When the birdbath is frozen soild, is that an indicator it got a little cold last night?
Oh well, guess I will start some things over AGAIN! One of these days I will learn to listen to myself. LOL
Everybody have a great day, I am off to build an entrance to my back yard.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 8, 2010
8:44 AM

Post #7689189

Brrr, that is cold! Poor plants. Oh well, half the fun is kicking yourself for pushing planting times and then getting to restart what got messed up. :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 8, 2010
10:32 AM

Post #7689516

Enid, you still want that corkscrew willow??
Thanks Loca, I'll be patient. You want a willow? you?Sapphire?

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 8, 2010
10:56 AM

Post #7689558

My heat will kill that willow RRM, but thanks fot the offer;o)
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 8, 2010
11:00 AM

Post #7689561

Hi Enid. I love your new club. Can I join?!? I'd be right there at the top with you on the &%#@!@%^*()(&^% stuff!
I do believe mine made it Loca. I'm going to look but I have hope. If it didn't not to worry. I'm not going to replace stuff tropical because it will probably do the same next year and would lose it again. But I think it did ok.
Well gotta go do some work and try to get back later.
Hunybunch, I got bunches of Calla lilies and you are welcome to some. I have another box to send out this weekend so I'll try my best to remember to send you some too.
Have a great day. I love being back! I sure missed everyone.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 8, 2010

Post #7689562

I'll pass on the willow, but thanks!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 8, 2010
12:06 PM

Post #7689718

Corkscrew willow, yes please! Calla Lilies - pretty please Mekos, if you have extra, I have a great shady spot for them. Oh, and that yellow stuff - will it grow in a container? That would be great on the top of my baren posts out front. I thought I would put some pots up there and plant something that would trail down. There are rose bushes planted around them, the actually made it through the winter - I am kinda surprised.

Maybe I should take some pics of the stuff survived - I am sortta impressed.

Nettie, I am ready for my daylilies, are you? She said she shipped mine yesterday, I am so excited!

Seray - I planted the taro and ginger you sent last fall. Figure it froze last night so I should be in the clear now! LOL watch, it will snow tomorrow.

Before I forget, remember when I got here and I was complaining about all the work my BF made me do in her flower bed? Well, all that work paid off, here is a pic of the tulips we planted there.

Thumbnail by enidcandles

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 8, 2010
12:11 PM

Post #7689724

WOW! What beauty! You might get kicked out of the %*^$#@@^&* club! Looks like you are doing something right.
Your place should be so pretty this summer. You have done a lot of work and it shows. Great job!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 8, 2010
2:38 PM

Post #7690023

You did great planting those tulips. little buddy. You are in a better durn club now, You are with us. Beautiful flowers, Lori. Aren't you proud??
Shucks, I will try to get the willows in the mail. They may not make it in your AZ. weather.
We are getting some rain. Hope it cleans the pollen out of the trees. I have a yellow lake on my front porch. Wouldn't want to drink that water.
seray53

April 8, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7690538

I get to join your &^%$()&%$^ club Enid. More and more of my little black EE's are biting the dust. Way too much fert, didn't read the label, just knew I had it memorized. Back to ebay when I recover.

We're finally getting the rain. Need it! I think it gets to 44 tomorrow eve. One last cool spell. I have a two tiny tomatoes already! (Where's that clapping guy!). LOL

I'm off to enjoy the thunder and lightening! Have a great evening!

Hugs!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 8, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #7690703

Seray, I have some EE's you can have. The sun is too hot here for them anyway and mine just hang on but don't show off and so many have sent me some that I have several and no place good for them. I'll put your name on em. They will be much happier with you as a mom.
Also maybe take yours and wash them real good with clear water and see if that helps.
Watch out for the storms. we had a tornado earlier today and it touched down around the block from me. I was ok and only things turned over but some got much more damage. It was rough. My husband was at work and my son came and helped me pick up stuff and put it back right. It only lasted a short time but was loud and scarey.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 8, 2010

Post #7690893

got berries cleaned out but caughing my head off again had to get that done couldn.t leave it any longer.put some plants in a planter for 6year old grandson he loves to grow things.if he can eat it thats even better i did good good . now if i can stay in a day ill clean another bed out just need to catch my breath.need to get me some help to take some things out of the greenhouse. ill bet i can find someone to help me ill beg if i have to. love and hugs nettie.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 8, 2010
9:08 PM

Post #7690903

Glad you're ok mekos. Tornados would freak me out... Pretty much any natural disaster would freak me out...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 8, 2010
9:29 PM

Post #7690935

enid im not ready for myne but i can get ready real fast. people owe me ill call in help.that cousin of myne has 150 tomato plants over here that are going to need transplanted be fore they go out in the ground i won.t help her if she won.t help me. i can turn mean in a heart beat. you bet you. missy will also,or i won.t make any more baked beans. for her. will tour son help you? i hope so. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 8, 2010
9:54 PM

Post #7690972

enid myne were mailed yesterday so im ready i guess. i will be if i have to ill do them by myself, ny hips and knes are bojhering me dh says its the years ive been useing them he is a real sweatheart. for real. he picked up some old cast oron home for me i beged it from some one,he says im the only person he knows who can get credit at a yard sale. but i know everyone in town and i always go back and pay for what i get. they all know where to find me.its not like im going to run off some where ive been i trouble for doing a check for 2.00 i forget to get money before i go to town.just the way my mind works can.t help it. im going to bed got to clean another flower bed in the morning need to rest one day wish it would rain weeds come out better,love and hugs to all

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 8, 2010
9:56 PM

Post #7690977

RRM - here's a pic of the visitors in the CP plant's pot... Did they hitchike from your place? I have nooooooo idea what they are... They are much darker green than the picture shows...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 8, 2010
9:57 PM

Post #7690980

Here's a big fat Datura bud... been waiting days for it to open...

Thumbnail by locakelly

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 9, 2010
6:08 AM

Post #7691453

What a beautiful Weed! Looks like some of the wandering jew that I have pop up. Sometimes they even have a varigated leaf. They look so happy in there.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 9, 2010
6:22 AM

Post #7691493

Mornin gang! Hope everyone is doing well today! Nettie - you better be careful out there, the pollen will get ya every time! My son help in the garden? Are you nuts?? He would rather cut his arm off that have to be outside helping me.

Mekos - glad that tornader didn't get ya - they are scary and deadly - you are fortunate there wasn't more damage with it being so close! Do ya think the "BIG GUY" was watching out for you? I am betting on you having your own tribe of guardian angels!!

Loca, you would never make it in Oklahoma - you would be freaked out constantly. We never know what the weather is really going to do - one minute clear sky - next minute - tornado.

RRM - you shouldn't send your little friends to your gardening buddies - just because you have excess doesn't mean you can ship them to the unsuspecting! LOL

Gotta get outside and get some stuff done before baby comes home at 3. We had a horrible time yesterday! Turn your head and he is gone or stuck in the mud - he was a big mess! We are going to have to invest in a couple more pairs of shoes - one for wearing, two for drying.

It was really cute watching him try to chase butterflies and pick dandelions! The mud thing I could have lived without. I had planted the taro Seray sent and watered it in reall good - of course, he had to walk in the mud, got foot suck, fell down...at least he didn't cry, I think he kinda liked it.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 9, 2010
7:53 AM

Post #7691755

I probably sent you some, Lori and they croaked. I know how you are!!!! Besides. look at those plants, they the most beautiful weeds I ever sent anyone. ☺
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 9, 2010
8:01 AM

Post #7691772

They are beautiful weeds RRM - and I am sure if you sent them with the pitcher plants they did kick the bucket, croaked, bit the dust...DIED!! You know I am a murderer, hence the OH #$%$^^ club!!!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2010
8:40 AM

Post #7691883

Well I'm just going to leave them there with the pitcher plant then. They look real happy. Not sure how happy they'll be when it's 110 but we'll see...

candles - my cousin was stationed for years at I think it's called Altus Air Force Base? Him and his wife were always freaking out about the tornados...

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #7692016

My SW peeps seem to agree the pretty weeds may be in the wandering jew family. Will keep you posted on their progress.

RRM - what is the botanical name of our pitcher plants? If you told me before I forgot because I didn't write it down anywhere...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 9, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #7692173

http://www.pitcherplant.com/sarracen.html

Loca, it is the first one: Sarracinia alata
This is our Baby. Mine are really growing now too. Yours look great.
I used to live in Mo. We had tornadoes there too. Very scarey...Take care Lori.
Mekos had one not far from her too.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2010
10:53 AM

Post #7692211

Thanks RRM... Now that you tell me I remember it so you must have told me before - lol...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 9, 2010
10:57 AM

Post #7692224

It's o.k. Honey, I have to look it up to remember I need to make it a tag. Glad to help.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
2:47 PM

Post #7692752

Hey you guys, here is my white bird of paradise that survived the zone 7 winter in my yard that everyone said wasn't possible.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2010
2:49 PM

Post #7692757

Yeehaw! And it's looking quite happy to be there, too...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
2:50 PM

Post #7692762

And here is the rose RRM that is finally got a bloom open. No thorns and very tiny but so pretty in full bloom. It will look like a yellow fur ball in a week or so. Any ideas as to what it's name is?

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #7692770

And one more. My purple wisteria tree.

Thumbnail by mekos

seray53

April 9, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #7692778

Hi Guys

Glad the tornado missed you Mekos. Grew up running for the basement! Don't like them at all.

My EE's are starting to come back some. New little leaves. They look like they'll pass out if they see me coming though. You don't have to send me any Mekos. I have plenty. These were the black ones I was saving to pass out to the bat flowers growers. I'll get some more when I hear who's got bat sprouts. ebay! The others were just extras I was collecting. They may come back. I have bunches of green ones. Maybe I'll just 'spray paint' them *gasp* LOL

Hugs
seray53

April 9, 2010
2:59 PM

Post #7692783

Sorry I posted over you Mekos. Love the wisteria. Mine doesn't bloom much. You're trees are leafed out more than mine. Looks good!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 9, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #7692898

It looks like my Banks Rose. Mekos, It doesn't have thorns either and is loaded with blooms.
Check it out, glad it went around you, you don't need a tornadoe.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
4:33 PM

Post #7692974

I do believe it is the same. I thought yours was larger blooms than mine when I looked before but maybe the same. So I guess it is banks rose? Is that the name?
The blooms on mine only get about the size of your finger tip but such a beautiful display when all in bloom at the same time.
Hi Seray and Loca. I sure have missed you guys. I see more names up there. Hi littlenettie. So nice to meet you. You be careful out there by yourself.
Here are some little azaelas I rooted a couple years ago and planted around the bradford pear tree. Rabbits ate some of them when tiny and I never replaced them.

Thumbnail by mekos

Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #7693161

HI Everyone
Mekos your flowers are beautiful as always.
Darn I done forgot what else I was going to say must have worked too hard today.

But here's a picture of one of the sweaters. I had a terrible time getting a decent picture so please excuse me if it's not perfect because I just plain got tired of trying for a good one. This is the fancy one the other is the same in front but didn't put the hearts on the sleeves.

Thumbnail by Mindy03

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #7693187

Are those Lady Banks roses girls? Those things are fence eaters out here - they get huge!

Mindy, love love love the sweater! So pretty!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 9, 2010
6:15 PM

Post #7693256

enid got my plants today they sure look good. missy comming after lunch tomorrow to help. hope you have some help. love nettie
seray53

April 9, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7693296

Love the sweater Mindy! The hearts are nice. Color is perfect. I've been waiting to see it finished.

Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 10, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #7693937

Thank you ladies. I'm happy with how it turned out myself. But so glad to have them both done except for buttons LOL my friend gets that job and she's not came to get them yet.

Going to be a nice day here so I'll be outside when it warms up in a little bit planting gladoli and working some manure in one flower bed that needs it.

Then maybe transplant some seedlings into bigger pots.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2010
6:09 AM

Post #7694008

Mindy that sweater was beautiful. You do wonderful work. Loved the hearts on the sleeves. Beautiful.
Loca, our Banks Rose is going to be a tree eater, it is climbing up our persimmon tree, it loves it there. That plant is so loved by DH.
Mekos make a tag Banks Rose. I still have to tag my cp, Loca haven't done that yet, but got another bog garden set up for the Sundews. Watch them grow then...
Here is pic of Banks Rose going up tree.

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 10, 2010
7:20 AM

Post #7694126

Goodmorning all... Beautiful sweater Mindy... Hope you all having beautiful weather this weekend...I have these lil purple flowers growing all over the tree line I know you ladies can tell me what they are...haha prob callled purple bells.. They multiply pretty rapidly but they sure are cute and as long as they dont mind covering the tree roots I sure dont mind having them over there...

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 10, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #7694180

Heres a picture of one of my irises "mighty cool" Isnt she a beauty!

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 10, 2010
7:52 AM

Post #7694190

Heres one of my azalea bushes in bloom...

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 10, 2010
7:57 AM

Post #7694204

Ok last picture to bore you guys with...Heres a picture of "kings ruby" One of the irises Mitt sent me...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2010
9:58 AM

Post #7694442

Girl, you know you are not boring us. We love pictures.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 10, 2010
10:30 AM

Post #7694559

This is me crying booo hoooo hoooo!!! I don't have anything like that blooming - I won't have a really pretty spring until next year. Oh well, when everything grows in around here it is gonna be pretty (or dead)!

Here a pic of my work in progress.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 10, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #7694693

Mindy, that sweater is beautiful! I see so much talent here and I'm in awe. Huny, those blooms are just heavenly. I'm jealous. Enid, you are gonna have some beauty as the summer goes on and you will see how all your hard work is paying off.
loca, I guess that is what it is. I never knew but it doesn't overtake here. I've had it for years and it is about head high and on a trellis. Could be the full hot sun not good for it. (or my georgia red clay dirt it is growing in.) I love it. Wish it would grow faster.
Hi everyone. Got the baby this weekend so won't be here much. Have a great day!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 10, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7695240

Love the pics girls! The Lady Banks grows in full on blazing Arizona summer sun and loves it! Maybe it's not hot enough at your place mekos - lol.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7695427

Look at this Wisteria Bloom and it smells so good.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 10, 2010
7:11 PM

Post #7695587

Isn't that beautiful!?! (THE FLOWERS TOO)lol :)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 10, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #7695595

enid myne went in the ground this morning im so glad i got them out. good luck with yours love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 10, 2010
7:27 PM

Post #7695644

Lori, did any of your alpines sprout? I haven't had any to pop out and figure I'm still in the club.*&^%$#@@♀☻:(
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 10, 2010
11:15 PM

Post #7695954

I figured I would be joining you Lori with the cold snap that came through here but it didn't do any damage! YAY!!
All those beautiful pictures of the flowers is making me want to play outside even more. I love that wisteria...always wanted to grow that but never had any luck with it. Not sure what I did wrong...Grew great the first year and then just disappeared.

Hope you all are doing good this weekend. Keep planting...something's bound to grow...even if it's our knowledge of how to become members of the Oh $*^(# Club!! lol
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 11, 2010
7:23 AM

Post #7696424

Mekos, as RRM so gently puts it, they croaked, hence the OH ^&%*$ Club!! I have more seeds saved back though, will start sprouting them today. I think the others only took three or four days to come up so we will see, might just have Lupines yet.

DH really does love me. He went to Atwoods yesterday (no sales tax day) and bought me a little tiller. Sure beats using the Garden Claw I have been working the soil with. After three days out there with claw, shovel and curse words, I think he felt sorry for me. Look out world, I can tear up a lot of ground in a hurry now.

Still working on the back yard - out I go...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 11, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #7696900

I planted lupine and one came up, going to plant it anyway. One Lion'stail. I hope it makes it. Going to plant it too.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 11, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7697726

I have a few lupines that sprouted in a winter sown container..They are large enough to transfer to individual pots..I just need to go buy some decent dirt to put them in..I used all mine making flower beds..Thats a very nice picture of Charley and the wisteria... awww...
seray53

April 11, 2010
4:17 PM

Post #7697740

Pictures are wonderful Ladies! I'm still in clean up mode. Planted 50 caladium bulbs and some callas. Fingers crossed. Seven more rose bushes and I'm done with the thorns for awhile. My hostas are coming up and looking good from the lasagna bed I made last year. Hydrangeas are putting out fuzzy leaves. Black EE's are struggling but some are hanging in there. Any sprouts for Bat Flowers? None here. LOL

Loca your package will be in the mail tomorrow. All boxed up! Finally. Arejay and RRM your stuff is next as I work my way to the Brugs.

Why doesn't my wisteria look like that?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 11, 2010
4:35 PM

Post #7697785

You don't have donkey and mule poo!!! ☺☺☺ You don't have a big red mule to make them look pretty. Isn't he gorgeous????
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 11, 2010
4:48 PM

Post #7697806

Hey, what are EE's? I know I'm problably going to feel foolish at the answer, but I can't place it.
seray53

April 11, 2010
5:49 PM

Post #7697957

EE's are elephant ears Marti. There are some pretty cool cultivars out there now a days. I bought a bunch on ebay last year as prizes for a contest and killed them dead... well most ... over fertilizing them. *sigh*. Now I"m trying to see who in the contest group has a bat flower sprout so I know how many to reorder. No body is fessing up, cept me, that they haven't sprouted yet. LOL They can take up to 180 days.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 11, 2010
5:51 PM

Post #7697962

Thanks for the info. I can't grow EE here due to the winter cold/snow. I'd love to get a Bat Flower. Saw that they come in black and white. Just can't afford that kind of price at this time. Maybe next year.
seray53

April 11, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7698028

We tried with seeds. They are hard to sprout and very tropical. They are too expensive for me and can't take our winters either. It was mostly to see if our sprouting skills were up to it. LOL Mekos did it.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 11, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #7698063

Thanks seray... I'll let you know when it arrives.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 11, 2010
8:06 PM

Post #7698339

RRM please give that pretty thing a hug for me from nettie my grand pa bramlett had 2 when i was a child i loved those two old mules they gave me a ride every day no mater how tirde they were and worked the fild every day cotton, i always took two apples with me when i went to meet grandpathats probly why they alwaysgave me rides i loved them so much, tell lorie to save room for me in the club house moved most everything out of the greenhouse today pray spring is here, if not im going to have a brown thumb. ive had one before.give a kiss also.ok
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 11, 2010

Post #7698431

So happy! Signs of spring are finally here! I have crocuses blooming, and my tulips are coming up, and some daffs, and some of the hyacinths that I stuck in last fall are breaking thru!! Woohoo! I think that the wisteria that I planted last summer might have actually made it thru the winter as well, hopefully. I so want for it to do well! Can you imagine, wisteria in Wyoming! I love the bank roses, can't help but wonder how they would do here also! Tee hee!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 11, 2010
9:47 PM

Post #7698542

Glad Spring is coming your way...

Thought I'd share my first Datura bloom with you all. This plant was a gift from a DG friend from Phoenix before she moved to Colorado... I have yet to master the are of photographing a white flower at night - lol. Any suggestions?

Thumbnail by locakelly

tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 12, 2010
4:20 AM

Post #7698813

I got my first seeding of bat flowers to pop up. (seeded 3 months ago) I am so excited! So far one black bat flower and one green. I have one other black one just starting to pop up.

Who is collecting seeds for the newbies? I keep wanting and meaning to send a box and hopefully this week when I send trades I can do this. It is just stting there and should be used. Hate to see seeds go to waste.

Cooler here in ohio but at least it isn't snowing. Lol. I would take this weather over that anyday. Everyting here is budding and sprouting. Hope it keeps it up and we have an early warm spring.

Tish:o)

Thumbnail by tishrh

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2010
7:36 AM

Post #7699283

LOOK SERAY!!!! THE WINNER IS TRISH!!! ISN'T IT??? FIRST BATPLANT. YEAH!!!!!!!
seray53

April 12, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #7700743

Looking Good Trish! What's your secret?
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 12, 2010
5:59 PM

Post #7700749

arejay could you do a new link please im on dial up all i can do where we live taks a long time to load and forever to grt through all this i think i have gone through all these post a couple of times. thanks nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 12, 2010
6:36 PM

Post #7700843

hey all got my dls in the ground. makes me happy no one helped me and the polin didnt zap me thats a blessing.im gona have me some of that nasty ol liquid green night time med bill said im just haveing alchol i will sleep good and won,t caugh i can handle that. if its bad for me don,t tell me. ok.love and hugs to all. nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2010
6:42 PM

Post #7700860

Hi Gang! Just finishing up my birthday bash, many thanks for all the well wishes! We were pretty much going on all weekend with parks, barbeques and even kite flying with little Livey. Sorry I didn't have much of a chance to compute. Weather has been warm and beautiful here for a change. For those that wanted tomatoe plants, I'll be shipping them out within the next couple of days. If you haven't already asked, I still have a few left, write to me asap. I'll be sending two tomato plants per box for those that want to try.

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 12, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #7700964

honeybunch those are woods hyacinths my grand mother had a tonof those bulbs they are all over this yard no rime or reason to the way she planted them i just leave them alone love the color just smell one you will know for sure i love them. enjoy them.they come up from bulbs if you would like some close to the house they are easy to move. love nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 12, 2010
8:53 PM

Post #7701150

honeybunch they are also called english bluebells they seed easily like woods bloomin spring time found this in a book on wild flowers. littlenettie have a good night love to all
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 13, 2010
2:56 AM

Post #7701600

To tell you the truth, I don't know. Lol. I soaked the seed first in water and peroxide. Then I made a tub out of a rough tote (cut down in height), added pro-mix BX to it, and found an old heater soil cord at a greenhouse. (this is the reason I had to have the rough tote cause of the size). I water it and put plastic saran wrap over the top for a few days and then take it off for one day. and then put it back on. I have a plant light also but only use it on cloudy days. It holds a pretty constant temperature which I use a digital meat therometer to find out how much. Besides that. I don't know. Lol. So far, I have 2 black bats and one green bat. I am hoping more come up so we will see it has only been 3 months, you have up til 9. I planted white ones, brown ones, a maroon one (which maybe brown) and black ones.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2010 6:00 AM
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 13, 2010
4:24 AM

Post #7701698

I am so disappointed! I ordered a zebrina pendula quadicolor online that was to look like this:

Thumbnail by tishrh

tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 13, 2010
4:25 AM

Post #7701705

But what i got is this:

I know they change colors in the sun but this one looks like a regular zebrina pendula.

Thumbnail by tishrh

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 13, 2010
6:02 AM

Post #7701894

Goodmorning all.. Thanks Nettie for that info... I love them too.. They are really sweet flowers and just come up all over the place...I hope you all have a great day...Im out to check on my flowers real quick before our home school lessons for the day ughhhhhh...Did I mention I hate home schooling lol.. Heres a picture I took yesterday of one of my irises "frequent flyer"

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 13, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #7701912

Look at the bud count on this baby...4 open and at least 4 more to go..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 13, 2010
6:29 AM

Post #7701982

i love Iris, they not only look beautiful, they smell great.
Love yours Honeybunch.

arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2010
7:10 AM

Post #7702098

Oh look at all the blossoms!! Mindy the sweater is beautiful!! You are so talented. Fast too!! Seray, I dont think u over fertilized, you sent me some of the EE's from that package. I planted them and they all sprouted and quickly went to dead. Saw green leaves then a little height out of them then they were gone. I noticed as I put the pot they were in outside. The sun came out and fly seemed to hatch from them. Maybe try a different seller? I would not swear to it but I think the flys came from the dead bulbs.

tishrh you can send the seed to me still. I have not given it up yet. Waitng for the new keeper to take over!! Newbies are sending envies looking for seeds spring is in the air!!
JohnBoy it is so , so , so good to see you back!! Your Blossoms are beautiful!!

PS Whats with the surveys are you all getting them popping up at you?
seray53

April 13, 2010
7:56 AM

Post #7702216

Iris are beautiful Huney! Looks like you are off to a great start this spring. Love the bluebells used to see them growing wild around the creek in KY.

I want your yard littlenettie. Everything sounds so pretty.

Thanks for the info Arejay. I definitely over fertilized. I used the formula for the spray on hose and not the dipping formula. 15 times the rate. LOL However you maybe right about the seller. I have struggled to maintain them through the winter and they haven't kept their leaves well. We'll try someone else and pass around the babies.

Thanks for the info Trishrh. I made a terrarium with mine and set it on a heat pad with a light above. Kept it moist and saw one sprout that didn't last. I may dump the whole bunch and set the pan in the GH. HOT in there now. Some of the seeds came from ebay.

Haven't seen a survey Arejay?
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2010
8:47 AM

Post #7702334

I get a pop up Daves garden survey with a voice talking to me,telling me if I take the survey I will get a gift, then at the end it says for 4.95 or6.95 or wahtever .95 they will send me things, every time I log onto a page.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 13, 2010
9:10 AM

Post #7702397

Robin, you might want to post that on the Dave's Garden forum as an issue... That survey thing doesn't sound right.

Beautiful blooms ladies!

Happy Belated Birthday Al - somehow I missed it...

I have blooms on one of the Iris I got from Mit... Never got them planted so there they reside in big pots - lol. Most of them are full of buds. I think the one blooming is "Just Teasing"... I need to find my planting chart to be sure but I'll post a pic when I get home from work and maybe you all know. Or Mit will chime in - lol...
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 13, 2010
12:28 PM

Post #7702820

Beautiful blooms everyone! Can't wait for us to get that close to spring here. And so much green for everyone! What a welcome sight for us in the arctic, lol!
Al I would love some of your maters if you have extras still.
Love those bank roses too.
Hope my wisteria ends up like that! So pretty!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2010
2:05 PM

Post #7703084

Hunybunch, I had the baby all weekend and just got your package mailed this morning but it is on it's way and let me know if I forgot anything.
I got iris buds everywhere! I thought mine were way behind but looking good now. My ruby port columbine is blooming and beautiful too. Azaleas are nice now too and dogwoods are so pretty. Wow!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 13, 2010
2:13 PM

Post #7703112

Here is my Columbine. Aren't they pretty??

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 13, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #7704085

seray you don,t wont my yard its 3 acrs large i could plant more but can just try to keep it looking good takes about two weeks just to clean all th beds out and i sytill don,t have it all done but ill get their soon i hope. milissa is trying to help me but she has to go home at three every day cause parker will be home from schoolandis only a little boy who loves bugs snakes any thing that walks crawls or flies he is always on the lookout for smothing and he is not afraid of anything he scares me to death i keep telling missy she needs to have a talk with him. we have to nany poisonus snakes around here coon tail rattle snake most bad they like to fight very agressive cotton mouth, they lay and wait for you. coper head they just bite his mother knows all this but he thinks the rules are for other kids. i tell him they are for everyone. who comes on this property. the only good snake is a dead snake king snakes are good but thats it my dh lets one stay in the barn but i don,t go in the barn.if i need anything from in there some one else gets it out. love and hugs nettie
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 14, 2010
4:11 AM

Post #7704341

seray53- my constant temperature is 85 degrees. But I did notice that it only grew and came up only when I had the saran wrap on. So I try and keep it on there. But I try and "dry" it out some every so often. So I would say it needs high humidity, almost to the point of the seeds rotting. I think, if I read right, this is how people lose some. also, people let them (the soil and seed) dry out and that also kills them.
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 14, 2010
5:46 AM

Post #7704487

arejay59- A box of seeds for the newbies is on it's way to you. Please let me know if you get it.
Tish
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #7704804

Beautiful bright cool day here! My tomatoes have been playing the indoor/outdoor game on my back porch. They are now about 4 to 5 weeks from seed, but much too cold to plant in the ground here. I move them indoors under the lights on cool days. They will be three time transplants by mid May. Hope everyone is enjoying the Spring weather.

We're getting busy packing up for out trip west to Texas and Arizona. We're leaving next Tuesday for first flight to Phoenix while son John and family will be visiting here to watch the house to tend my plant projects and keep the cat fed. It should be beautiful out there this time of year, looking forward to it.

Al

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2010
7:49 AM

Post #7704813

Al

Yes it's beautifull in Tx and Arizona this time of year. Not to hot nor to cold usually. Have a safe trip, take plenty of pictures to share with us and just enjoy yourselves.

Marti
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2010
7:57 AM

Post #7704836

Oh yeah, I just bought a new SD chip for my camera - 4GB's worth of pictures! I'm sure they'll have some kind of flowers there, don't know what just yet.

Al
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2010
8:11 AM

Post #7704869

You will see plants and flowers that DARN, we can't grow here, but well worth seeing and dreaming about.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #7704970

I bet you're getting excited Al! Should be beautiful weather for your trip. The wildflowers are in bloom in some parts of the state. You might be hitting Sedona right at the perfect time as they are a bit cooler than us, thus later for the spring wildflower show. Lots of rain this winter = lots of flowers. Hope you have fun!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 14, 2010

Post #7705268

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1087894/

Here is a link to make concrete steppinstones. Hope you all like it.
Charleen
seray53

April 14, 2010
12:48 PM

Post #7705505

Have a wonderful trip Al. Sounds like the perfect time to go star gazing in the desert! Big succulent coop just finished on mamajacks. So we're excited to see any western plant that looks like something we ordered. lol

Anyone interested in a Carnivorous Plant coop please dmail me! The more bugs eaten this summer the better! Wish we had something that would eat snakes littlenettie.

Charleen has wonderfully solved my goth garden path problem with her stepping stones! Check out her link. Very cool!!!!

Hugs to all

PS Trish mine were probably too dry!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 14, 2010
12:56 PM

Post #7705525

RRM - ain't you somethin'!!! I have read about stepping stones everywhere I could think of. Nobody has written a set of instructions that were clear enough for me to follow. Woweee - I get it, I can make stepping stones!!

You did a wonderful job on that article, tutorial..whatever you want to call it. It almost makes me want to take back the pavers I just bought at Lowes. OOPS - been there again..the little manager guy still avoids me - he sends Charlie to help me. Heck, I love Charlie!! He is one great mule, I mean man. LOL I am really nice to him and don't act all psycho and stupid. By now I suspect that manager boy is on to me - but he hides so I still win!!

I have to finish my back yard - no one has asked for a "peek" on my project yet so now you have to wait until I am done.

gotta get back at it -

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 14, 2010
1:55 PM

Post #7705661

Lori, Go!! GET that boy, Girl. He shouldn't be afraid of you. Wait til you go get the concrete. I'm glad you liked it and it was clear enough to be understand. That's what we want, isn't it girls and fella.. .Have a safe and wonderful trip AL...
Thank you, Seray.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2010

Post #7706515

Johnboy, I haven't seen any ads. Rrm love the stepping stone instructions, later on may try to get dh to help me try it out. I sure could use some.
Now I need some help trying to remember who wanted the sea holly seeds. I'm on my cell phone and difficult to find stuff with a 2 inch screen. Help please!
Al have a great trip. I can't wait for pictures. When I was a kid we use to go to texas for vacation at my uncles house and that was the extent of my travels. So pictures are my way to see the world.
Has anyone heard from tubbytee lately? I haven't heard since my internet went out. I'm still trying to catch up.
Big hug and smooch charlie.
I think we all should go meet at the "new digs " for mojitos and sammiches and a dip in the pool for old times sake. I miss it.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
10:15 PM

Post #7706636

Hi buddy - what are sea holly?

Tubby is around... Just sent him some plants Monday and received a big 'ol bunch of Hibiscus seeds from him. Seems he is doing well...

What's the new digs? Did I miss something - lol?

Seray - package arrived safe and sound. You have d-mail...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 14, 2010
11:07 PM

Post #7706663

hi RJ you need to see the bud on that tree peony it looks like a rose bud i took a picture but will have to have kaci put it on here ican only make a big ol mess they might kick me off of here don,t need that she will do that for me tomorrow im sure.its going to bloom lavendar will just have to wait.i just can.t understand the size of the bloom bud.also has a creamy yellow bud. hope i can stand the wait sound like a small child sory about that and to think i almost gave it away must have a cog missing, me not the plant.love to all and happy birthday AL and manny more hope you have a good trip take lots of pictures have a great time.be safe,we will niss you.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2010
5:52 AM

Post #7706977

I bet that tree peonie is going to be beautiful Nettie...They sure are pretty in the catalogs...]

Happy Belated birthday wishes Al...Let me know when you are ready for those irises..I will get them dug and shipped to you..Hope you have a safe and fun trip..

Heres a picture of one of my columbines growing..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7707015

Charlene your picture above of your iris on the 13th is so clear it almost looks alive.. Wish my camera took pictures that looked like that...Oh it possibly might it could just be the operater...Maybe I need to increase the pixels?

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #7707038

This has been my favorite iris so far this year but I cant seem to get the mottled beauty of it to show thru on the camera.. This is "Persian Berry"

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2010
6:23 AM

Post #7707062

Heres a sweetie called "excuse me darling"

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 15, 2010
6:42 AM

Post #7707113

Honeybunch , this is my Columbine , but it didn't come out looking clear but still pretty.
I keep my camera on "Auto" I'm still learning to use it.
Canon Powershot is the name of the camera. .

This message was edited Apr 15, 2010 9:45 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 15, 2010
6:48 AM

Post #7707132

Clematis, this plant is loaded with these large blooms, it is so pretty.
I love the iris pictures, Honey, they are beautiful to me.

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2010
10:17 AM

Post #7707579

Thats a pretty clematis charlene... Wow its already loaded with blooms .. I only have one variety but it blooms later in the summer.. I guess I should check some different types, thats a darling bloom..

seray53

April 15, 2010
12:19 PM

Post #7707925

Glad you got the package Loca! Everyone's spring is just beautiful. Love the pictures. My irises are running late although I do have buds. Can't wait!

Have a good day!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 15, 2010
1:06 PM

Post #7708016

Loca, I can't believe you guys forget our "new digs" place when all the comotion took place back on the seed trading forum and we moved to the brug forum. swimming pool and cabana boys and mojitos and turkey sammiches and all with our meetings. man, how quick we forget!
Oh I found the one wanting sea holly. My brain only works part time.It was Marti on another thread. I'm getting too old for all this. You guys have a great day. So beautiful here today. Going to be around mid 70's I think. But I could be wrong. Maybe 80's!?!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
1:39 PM

Post #7708076

I have "Just Teasing" and "Ride the Wind" blooming now and "Smoked Gouda" about to bloom - hopefully by tonight! These are all from Mit. I'll try to post the pics tonight.

I forgot about the new digs for sure - see, we've been away too long - lol. I killed all my brugs except the ones seray sent me. I'm getting ready to put them in the ground as they are currently in pots... if the dang aphids don't do them in first. I know spider mites like them, but my aphids seem to have a thirst for brugs - lol...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 15, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7708164

I know what you mean little friend. Those aphids are everywhere. I started sitting my stuff outside the greenhouse so they can get use to the weather outside and be ready to plant this weekend. I already started putting my blue apaganthus bulbs/plants outside in ground that were in pots so they are looking good. My white ones were already inground. Hoping for blooms soon. My old common iris are blooming now and so many more with buds.I have white and one so dark purple it looks black and some purple and blue mixed in bloom now. Before long the bearded iris and georgeous ones will bloom, and Soon it will be beautiful outside.My gloriosa lily is putting up and starting to try to climb and I'm really excited it made it this year. One of my lantannas is knee high in a pot and was in the greenhouse with the gloriosa lily so it will bloom soon too. I guess some seeds fell in the pot with the lily while it was at the fence last summer. Sure looks good. Suppose to rain a little Saturday morning so maybe I'll get stuff out before then and they can get watered in ground.
sapphirestar19
Pearland, TX

April 15, 2010
2:34 PM

Post #7708198

Hi all, been busy, busy down here in South Texas. :) The veggie garden is starting to take off, the front flowerbeds are finally rebounding, and the kiddo is growing. In fact, today is his 3rd birthday.

I should not have looked into the livestock forum. They had a video on there on how to build a chicken tractor...and looks like it would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to build and is super simple. When we buy a house this fall, there's gonna be no stopping me, LOL.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
2:45 PM

Post #7708220

That livestock forum is great, so is the homesteading forum;o) You can get lost for days there - lol...

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010

Post #7708485

Here is "Just Teasing", the first to bloom... Compliments of Mit...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
5:21 PM

Post #7708487

A pic at night shows the colors more pronounced than in the bright light. I'm just not a great photographer - lol...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
5:21 PM

Post #7708491

Here is the next bloomer, "Ride The Wind"...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #7708495

Another view... Keep in mind these Iris are all in a big 'ol pot together. Must be happy - lol...

Thumbnail by locakelly

seray53

April 15, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #7708632

Sooooo Pretty! Are you watching Mitt? :)

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
7:11 PM

Post #7708791

Can you believe they are crowded into pots - lol?! Some of them have several increases. I will already need to learn how to divide them before I plant them this fall. I'll be looking for lessons peeps...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 15, 2010
7:18 PM

Post #7708818

BEAUTIFUL, Loca. You sure took good care of them. They don't look like they aren't happy in pots.Looks like they are very happy to me.
Mitt, if you are out there, you got some beauties.
Been a long day so back later. night John boy. good night all my friends.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
7:22 PM

Post #7708832

Nite my friend...

Mit sent some of the biggest healthiest rhizomes I ever did see;o)
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 15, 2010
7:59 PM

Post #7708946

:) ◄
----
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2010
6:48 AM

Post #7709642

Check your mailbox Tomato Lovers, your official "New Yorker" tomato plants should be in today!

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 16, 2010
8:18 AM

Post #7709848

Beautiful to the eyes to the tummy. They look deliscious.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #7711004

Ads? Jan Ads? The Iris are Beautiful Kelly it is great to see how well they do in pots...I wondered. The tomatoes look great Al...When do you leave for Arizona? I love Sedona be sure you have your camera finger ready. Rider your Stepping stones great work!! I dont see the peonie Nettie where?
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 16, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7711110

HI Everyone

Al letting you know my tomatoes arrived today. They were in pretty good shape just a little wilted which a nice long drink of water cured. I'll be potting them up to bigger pots as we are going to get pretty chilly over the weekend at night. And have blackberry winter yet to get past.

Been a long busy day for me so I'm off to just do nothing if DH will leave me alone to do it.

Hugs everyone
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #7711202

We're leaving Tuesday morning, be in Phoenix by 6PM if all goes well.
Will lose three hours in time zones.

Al

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 16, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #7711297

You'll actually gain 3 hours on your trip here! More time to have fun;o) It will be the trip back that is the kicker - lol.
seray53

April 16, 2010
5:58 PM

Post #7711393

Have a safe trip Al!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 16, 2010
6:21 PM

Post #7711459

Have a safe trip and a great time. And bring back bunches of pictures to show.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 16, 2010
7:59 PM

Post #7711653

arejay my tree peony is blooming so pretty worth the wait. it didn,t bloom last year i had said some real mean things to it,ill give it a drink of water in the morning if i have time ill make time. to beautiful don,t have the heart to be that mean.may feed it a little. have to look in my book and see if that is a good idea or not. see im a good mom the rest of them are full of buds white ,pink. red, light pink with pail pink center.yours should be budding up soon we have had alot of nice weather. very warm. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 16, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7711738

i have pictures just can.t put them on the web need help from my computer son ill see if he can help me tomorrow. he is good im not i would just make a mess, love nettie

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 17, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #7712198

Love to see your tree peonies. I have one ordered.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 17, 2010
8:36 AM

Post #7712510

Here you go Al, a link to you tomato plants. I put the pics in my Journal. http://davesgarden.com/tools/blog/index.php?tabid=13756
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 17, 2010
8:39 AM

Post #7712514

hey guys, I finally have something blooming out there I can show off! I am excited anyway, of course we all know it doesn't take much!!

Thumbnail by enidcandles

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2010
8:54 AM

Post #7712537

Thanks for the great report, Lori. Just wanted to send a tomato plant 2000 miles or so and still arrive alive. Cool, huh?

Al
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 17, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #7712542

It is pretty cool Al - the amazing part is I cannot go to town and buy plants that would look any better - and I assure you they would not be as healthy! Add the fact that I ignored them in thier package for a whole day and it is more amazing!!!

here is a sneak peek of my back yard project - still unfinished

Thumbnail by enidcandles

enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 17, 2010
9:05 AM

Post #7712549

Who is the new thread maker? This is getting pretty slow for me and I am on cable. We are pushing 400 messages on this thread - holy cow!!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2010
9:46 AM

Post #7712628

I'll make one - give me a few...

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2010
9:51 AM

Post #7712636

OK - new thread here...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1088575/
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 17, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #7713973

ok arejay yhe son has put a tree peony picture on here llove nettie

Thumbnail by littlenettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7713978

Pretty nettie... Click on the above link - we're on a new thread...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

May 11, 2010
10:52 PM

Post #7785576

got gfona plant it in the morning some solomons seal these remind me of the bl4eading heart please over look all yhe errors on this page love you all you are all good at overlooking my mess thank you love nettie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
3:46 AM

Post #7788882

Yes Nettie Solomons seal and bleeding heart are similar...Love your Peony mine are up now tight buds are showing on one of them I will post pictures when they open.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

May 13, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #7790068

Hi nettie, I have solomon seal also. Love the wild flowers!
Ayrica
Castlewood, SD

May 23, 2010
9:16 PM

Post #7821551

Hi everyone... I have been a lurker and occasionally will make a comment. I had no idea that there was a welcoming group ;) How neat!! I've been around for a few months. Not knowing what DG was all about at first I only paid for a couple months giving it a trial run. When I received my notice that I needed to renew I couldnt get it done quick enough..lol.. I can definately say I am addicted ;) I find the knowledge from everyone involved extensive... I love being a part of DG !!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

May 24, 2010
1:48 AM

Post #7821787

Hi Aryica,
You can trust if you are not addicted and you hang with us for any length of time you will be. Did you send for your newbie package yet? Here is the link with the directions to get your free seed http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/ and here is the newest welcome wagon chatter thread come on over http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1098005/
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 24, 2010
4:07 AM

Post #7821878

Hi Aryica nice to meet you... Do come on over to the newest thread and meet every one.. Sweetest people ever, you will be so glad you did.. Trish

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 24, 2010
6:16 AM

Post #7822152

You will love this group of people. Welcome Aryica.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2010
5:03 PM

Post #7827448

Newest chatter thread come on over http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1098005/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America