Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Caudiciforms: Wilfred's plants

Communities > Forums > Caudiciforms
bookmark
Forum: CaudiciformsReplies: 13, Views: 143
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2010
5:38 AM

Post #7632896

I just recieved these from Wilfred, he is so generous, and they were packed so carefully.

Thumbnail by kareoke
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #7632907

And these.

Thumbnail by kareoke

PurePlants
Deltona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 18, 2010
6:44 PM

Post #7639659

Aww. Wilfred is such a giving person :)
WQP
Carolina, PR
(Zone 11)

March 18, 2010
8:46 PM

Post #7639944

Hi Doris, Can't wait to see leaves on them again and I hope they look like the parent plant or at least close to it. Doris did you check your poem forum at cubits, left something there for you, hope you like it.

Thanks Jamie, but I'm just like every one else here.

Your Friend Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP

PurePlants
Deltona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 19, 2010
12:05 PM

Post #7641037

Wilfred how is the Taiwan Red DR I sent to ya? Beautiful day here in North East Central Florida!
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2010
12:25 PM

Post #7641069

Wilfred I sure did see what you left, a beautiful Poem, thank you.

Doris
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2010
8:56 AM

Post #7645274

Wilfred I am showing these here and in Cubits, look closely they are getting new leaves, rather strange since they do not have roots, I will get a better picture in a couple of days, they are in my little greenhouse.

Thumbnail by kareoke

kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2010
8:57 AM

Post #7645275

And these are the two plants.

Thumbnail by kareoke

WQP
Carolina, PR
(Zone 11)

March 21, 2010
8:35 PM

Post #7646839

Hi Doris, just lets wait to see what happens later on, still to soon to know if they are setting roots yet, usually takes more time but you'll know for sure when they do. The other two plant look OK, but the one without the tag seems to had gotten a little stressed during the mailing process, hopefully they'll start putting out new leaves as soon as they get acclimatized, by the way, what happen to the tag it had or did I forget to put one in for your when I mailed it. It should have had a tag on it with the name "Neon Morning", let me know and I'll send you one.

Wilfred
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2010
5:15 AM

Post #7647259

Wilfred the tag is there, it's hidden behind the leaf, next time I take a pictures I will take it out of the greenhouse, the baby ones my be stressed, they haven't done anything since I planted them, but Iam watching them pretty close.

Doris
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2010
6:21 AM

Post #7647372

OK Wilfred here is a better picture of them

Thumbnail by kareoke

kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2010
6:22 AM

Post #7647375

And the second one

Thumbnail by kareoke

kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #7647378

And look at mine, this has almost no leaves but she puts out a bloom, the plant next to here did not lose one leaf all winter.

Doris

Thumbnail by kareoke

WQP
Carolina, PR
(Zone 11)

March 22, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7647474

Seem your having a gloomy day Doris from what I can see through your window, at least you don't have snow there right now. things are heating up over here now, temperature is rising fast, its almost 10:00am and its 80*F already here. Can't wait to see it get warmer for you over there so your plants start to grow again and bloom a lot for you. really hope the two hibs I sent you set buds soon so you can see what they look like up close as photos don't do them justice, think your really going to like them a lot.

Have you ever thought off cutting your DR somewhere around were you got them tied up to provoke more new branches, make it more bushier and as you know more branches more blooms on your DR, you can also plant the cutting after you let them cure for a few days and get new plants from them that miet look like the one shown in the tread ( A Magnificent Specimen ), that's how they made that one.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Caudiciforms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Adenium seedpod!! Indigoez 24 Apr 24, 2007 7:17 PM
Great case of mistaken identity GSkinner 16 Nov 22, 2007 2:20 PM
Flowering and Brighamia insignis, Hawaiian Vulcan Palm MartinDK 7 Aug 13, 2007 3:20 PM
Anyone grow Fockeas? Nan 8 Aug 13, 2007 3:30 PM
Brachychiton Nan 5 May 25, 2007 4:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America