Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Handyman: COMPOST BIN FENCE POSTS NEEDED...

Communities > Forums > Handyman
bookmark
Forum: HandymanReplies: 2, Views: 84
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7636052

Hey, Ya'll!

Paul James built this neat compost bin and I'd like to build one just like it but, I can't find these corner fence posts.

Can someone tell me what the official GOOGLE name would be, and where I might get these from?

Also, I'd like to use the same concept to form a short wall around my concrete pad to hide my eBuckets. Can these posts be cut to height? DH is a welder, so if I can't buy them at the 36-48" height I need, he could cut them with the torch.

Thanks!

Thumbnail by Gymgirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 18, 2010
3:16 AM

Post #7637902

http://gardenerguy.madmooseforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=149
http://www.composters.com/compost-bins/compost-corral-corners_97_1.php
At a hundred bucks for 4 posts, I'd say that you need to show the pictures to DH and see if he can fabricate them.
Good luck!
Yuska
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2010
6:46 AM

Post #7875359

Contact a company that rehabs old houses. Older wood is more likely to have leached out the preservatives that lumber companies use. In our area a brush pickup every six months gathers replaced wooden fencing and posts, and people often collect what they need ahead of the refuse trucks. Also, Habitat for Humanity's REstore carries excess building materials at very reasonable cost.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America