Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Signs of Spring in MidSouth Gardens

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Besides, the mainstay Daffodils and other spring bulbs. Here in full blooms are our State's flower. The Camellias:

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Miniture Dafs.:

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Witchhazel, Dwarf Arnold. I planted this baby last year, thus this is the first flowers in the garden. Just noticed it turns out to be too close to the wall. Will need to move this baby this coming Fall I gathered.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Please jump right in and share your photos. I've smitten with one of our neighbor's Star Magnolia planted on their front yard. So I've got myself one. And this year its blossoms are ...well wonderful!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Here is a close-up of the Magnolia, last pic. for the evening. Looking forward to see what's blooming in your MSG. Please all get together and share your pics.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

One of my first blooms of the spring, a lovely blue carpet of vinca minor 'Ralph Shugert'.

Mary

Thumbnail by maryleek
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The shade of blue is beautiful, Mary. Thank you for posting. Quince:

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

First time I've ever grown crocus.

ants

Thumbnail by antsinmypants
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Bloodroot just about to open

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

yellow corydalis

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

primula Miller's Crimson,I thought had died years ago ...need to move it to better location

Thumbnail by bigred
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Boy ya'll are alot further along with your flowers than me :0( My primulas are just poking through the ground now.

I love that magnolia and witch hazel.

I can't seem to keep bloodroot alive, how do you grow yours so nicely Kim?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

giant pussywillow

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I just stuck it out there years ago and ignored it. I received a small piece of the double one in trade but it's still in the GH because others have told me they're hard to grow...now I'm scared to plant it out...LOL

Creeping blue veronica...cultivar unknown.

Thumbnail by bigred
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Here is a bloodroot already bloomed. Very excited about these :)

ants

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Kath, it's Ants' and Peggy's Bloodroots. I don't have any here -- yet. Just love those early bloomers. Each has a beauty of its own right. Here is a few Hiacynths.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I think this is squill.

I got my bloodroots from Loess Roots in November 2009 & planted them in December. He is in the garden watchdog Loess Roots http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/4253/ & it is more like getting them from a friend than ordering from a company. I also got mayapples, dutchman's breeches & black cohosh plants from him & all are popping up already :)

ants

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have called this a tulip tree - not sure what you call it.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

A little closer up. Same tree.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Forsythia.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Camellia. This is a really old plant. I don't know the name.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hellebores.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

More hellebores.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

And lastly some daffodils.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I haven't had a chance to get back to see the opened bloodroot...need to check them. My dutchman's britches aren't up yet. Bear's britches are leafing back out.

Gold tansy just coming up

Thumbnail by bigred
Olive Branch, MS

Things are finally starting to open up here. If we could get a warm rain it would make a world of difference.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Ripley, MS

All I got is one forsythia, and 2 little johnny jump up's blooming---LOL--the peach trees buds are showing a little color. I hope it does not kill them with the rain and cold that is coming in.

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

My forsythia is just starting to get leaves :) My very first mayapple & looks like it is going to bloom too :)

I love pussywillow & have wanted some ever since I was a child. I ordered some but they did not live. Pretty sure they were doa.

Love those hellebores & that camelia too! I planted a camellia 3 years ago & still haven't had any blooms. It looks really good though... may have been a young one when I got it. I planted it for my dog Max when he passed.

ants

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

cperdue if you were up north I'd have said your 'tulip tree' was a magnolia

MollyD

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

...magnolias. Common name; Tulip trees as they're known down South. Saucer Magnolia, there are several cultivars, each slightly different than the other. This is a lighter version of 'em. (Not quite fully open a couple of days ago -- they're fully open today. I'll add more pixs. later).

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Here is the mentioned Saucer Mag. This is a small one. Some of the mature Magnolias in the area are sending out glorious blooms this year dispite the prolonged cold period during our unusual winter months.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Sandra, here are some Forthesia (spelling?) and Quince. It seems like our season is ahead of yours.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Hey Kim. Love that last shot - were you laying on the ground ? lol.
I have to look up those bloodroots too. Not familiar with them at all.
Love the camillias. I have a few, some are doing really good, and others aren't. No blooms right now though. I did just fertilize them, so hopefully they will do better next year.
Charlotte - your hellebores are amazing ! I thought mine looked good, but omg ! Don't you love them !

My alliums are coming up that I got from the coop last year. Can't wait to see all the blooms.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Vibernum Diana -ready to put out her blooms - smells wonderful !

Thumbnail by n2birds

One of my ligularias. If it makes it - It'll probably be the first one of mine that survived. I keep trying them, but for some reason, just can't grow them. Must be where I am putting them.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Lots of work to do (that's all I see when I look in here)

Thumbnail by n2birds

Hey P - I love that creeping blue veronica. Did you start that from seed ?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

:-) Bonnie, it's nice to see you posting. Love those viburnum. I've one 'Burwoodii' I think. Love, love them.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I forgot what this lovely yellow blooms are called other than Yellow of Texas. Terrye has given me this couple of years past.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.