Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beekeeping: Beekeeping museum in Lithuania

Communities > Forums > Beekeeping
bookmark
Forum: BeekeepingReplies: 2, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
way2beekeeping
Vilnius
Lithuania

March 19, 2010
2:58 AM

Post #7640144

Hello, dear friends nature lovers...
Beautiful nature surrounding are anywhere where a man did not introduce. In ancient times our world was much more beautiful that it is nowadays and thanks God there are still some places left where the beauty of past is still preserved and exposed as an incredible open air museums.
In Lithuania there are several such places:
Firs of all, a beekeeping museum http://www.way2lithuania.com/en/travel-lithuania/beekeeping-museum or an authentic entire ancient village http://www.way2lithuania.com/en/travel-lithuania/museum-of-rumsiskes these museums are sightseeing places beloved by those who prefer past rather than present, wild nature rather than civilized world and travel!
Lets share some similar places that are available in all over the world.

Thumbnail by way2beekeeping
Click the image for an enlarged view.

philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

April 1, 2010
1:55 AM

Post #7671259

Thanks very much for your interesting links.
I was hoping to join you in adding links to the museums here in France, but unfortunately none have text in English. I shall continue my hunt, but meanwhile, thanks again for posting your links and starting this thread.
Rebeccatowoc
Stewart, TN

September 26, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #8122783

I so much enjoyed the pictures of the Lithuanian beekeeping museum, and posted it to my Facebook page. Here in Middle Tennessee in the US we just had a beekeeping demonstration at our county fair, and the honey extractor looked exactly like the one in the museum!

I am going to try to post here a link to our Cheekwood garden at nearby Nashville and hope I do it correctly.

www.cheekwood.org

Did that work?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beekeeping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
To catch a honey bee... WUVIE 10 Mar 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Dead Bees countryfarms 17 Oct 7, 2010 11:42 AM
New Beekeepers SwarmCatcher 10 Sep 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Bee sting - bee stinger mygardens 27 Nov 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Bees in the ground starlight1153 45 Sep 9, 2009 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America