Photo by Melody

Article: Superfruit ~ Acai Berry, Euterpe oleracea: for those who are not familiar with Acai

Communities > Forums > Article: Superfruit ~ Acai Berry, Euterpe oleracea
bookmark
Forum: Article: Superfruit ~ Acai Berry, Euterpe oleraceaReplies: 2, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LiliMerci
North of Atlanta, GA
(Zone 8a)

March 21, 2010
9:43 AM

Post #7645356

... Berry and what it can do, your article does not explain that. What does Acai Berry do and causing it to be so popular?

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2010
11:07 AM

Post #7645537

Hi, there really wasn't much science-based information to report on about Ašai that might justify just why it is (or was so popular). It basically skyrocketed in popularity after being featured on the Oprah Show.

Ašai, and fruit in general (along with fresh vegetables) is an important part of a healthy diet. Diets high in fruits and vegetables have been shown to improve health, lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease, strokes and certain cancers.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/vegetables-full-story/index.html

Ašai is also high in phytochemicals, which may add even more health benefits.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Phytochemicals.asp

Thank you for commenting. I hope this helps.

Happy Gardening,
Diana
LiliMerci
North of Atlanta, GA
(Zone 8a)

March 21, 2010
11:24 AM

Post #7645570

thanks. I've seen the ads for acai berry but never knew what was so great about them and I don't watch much Oprah either.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Superfruit ~ Acai Berry, Euterpe oleracea Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Acai Mimulus1 5 Mar 3, 2009 11:56 AM
on euterpe harriss 3 Aug 16, 2010 5:51 PM
Acai bowl robcorreia 4 Mar 2, 2009 9:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America