Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Home Decorating: buying blinds on line

Communities > Forums > Home Decorating
bookmark
Forum: Home DecoratingReplies: 13, Views: 114
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 22, 2010
6:29 AM

Post #7647392

After 8.5 yrs... i think it is finally time to get some blinds in my dining room.

currently ... i have cheap curtains made out of sheets on tension rods... enough is enough.

I'd like those Top down Bottom Up ones. It's southern exposure, but i'm the end house [not a corner] but anyone driving up the street has a clear view if the curtains are down -- i remove them so my plants get some sun light.

Any of you that have window treatments... have you had good luck ordering on line?

We did that with all our other blinds and had so-so luck... they were the faux wood ones. and i didnt think i'd do it again, but for the price, it does seem a bit cheaper.

Where did you order from, or get your blinds from ?

My kitchen window is opposite the HUGE tv in the family room... so i want a 'room darkening' one there... it's only 34x47 ... where it i ordered from say Pennys... that would be a custom size... MUCH more money.

any input would be great.

Terese

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 26, 2010
9:29 PM

Post #7659177

I've ordered from here a lot.
http://www.domestications.com/Dept/Blinds+Shades/18000/18100

JCP is always a great bet with their sales, you know they are always quality products.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2010
5:57 AM

Post #7659612

thanks Jen -- I was browsing a few sites and thought they were a tad costly, until i browsed Home Depot. Holy Cow are blinds expensive.

I was looking at JCP's site, and for the Top Down Bottom UP ones, they got terrible reviews -- that there were cheap and fell apart. not something i'd try.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7659700

Jen -- I checked out your link... and while their prices seem great... they dont have my size.

my DR windows are 70" long... where theirs [TopDown BottomUP] only go to 64" and i have 2 windows that are 22" wide... those start at 23".

Maybe if i can find the right sizes, i may have to settle on something else.
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2010
5:11 PM

Post #7938778

tcs, I have layered my sheers, a half panel on the bottom of my windows to block views from passing neighbors, then full length. I pull them aside for letting light in, but can drop them back down to block bright light. A layer of curtains could be added if you need more privacy.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #7941074

thanks Cathy...
jim0385
Lakeville, PA

January 22, 2014
6:20 AM

Post #9753272

I have two long 74 windows in our living room and finding curtains for my windows were a pain. Have you tried swags galore? I found them a few months back and they have great prices and nice products. I got some sheer curtains from there and was happy with quality.
inspiredwindow
Australia

February 28, 2014
11:19 PM

Post #9779210

Curtains and blinds are good for privacy but you have plants in your room and required sun light you can choose best awnings for your room

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2014
4:21 AM

Post #9779871

Holy cow... just noticed this thread was started 4 yrs ago, and I have yet to do anything [yes, i'm such a shlub] ... Though in the mean time, we've decided to move to FLA !! too funny... so my house will be sold with whatever is currently hanging in the windows.

~~inspired, my DR is where I have all my hanging plants -- that is the one reason why I havent really done anything, as they do get a lot of sunlight where they are and with what I have.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 9, 2014
7:51 AM

Post #9785465

haha tcs! I share much schlubness when it comes to home decor!
I went looking for roll up vinyl shades and the sizes are too limited, and some stores don't even have them anymore, Target didn't and I sent DH to Walmart and he said they didn't either (although he is shopping-impaired...)
And I'd like to update the four bedroom windows that are going into their sixth year with cheap skinny white vinyl miniblinds. What's in style these days?.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2014
2:13 PM

Post #9785719

Uggg... i never keep up with what's in style or fashion.

I prefer to see out my windows instead of having them covered... but then again, if your neighbors house is so close... you need coverings.

My next home has the majority of the windows facing a court yard. and the family room windows face a nature preserve... so no back neighbors. There are vertical blinds on the back [family room] windows with a valance. We will probably leave them. ~~ So i wont have to replace or buy any. YAY.
sunnytx
Ligonier, PA
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2014
7:30 AM

Post #9833030

I have always bought my blinds here and I love their quaility.
http://www.selectblinds.com/
liran
Golden Beach, FL

May 8, 2014
3:26 PM

Post #9833512

I've been looking everywhere for those blinds. All the places I went to offered me to customize them. That was super expensive. I went online and I found this company who makes ready made zebra blind.That can simply fit all the windows in your house if you hanging the blinds outside the mount.

I purchased five of these shades for my front bedroom. I have been looking for shades that provide light and privacy. They fit the bill perfectly. The shades are very attractive and were very easy to install. I am so very pleased with these shades Im on line again to buy a third shade for my other bedroom.

They have a summer promotion now(25%-50% off ), so you can even enjoy extra discount in addition to the low price.

You should check it out at www.blinds-us.com

I paid only $295 for five blinds. All the other vendors gave me ridiculous quote. All of them were over the $750

Thumbnail by liran
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2014
6:09 PM

Post #9919735

Just a thought, In 32 years I never installed a blind outside of window. Mainly because clients would want a topper or other fabric design over top of blind to hide headrail which then would have to stick out very far in order to cover headrail of blind.

I bought from 3 mfgs. and one being Vista Products which I hear are available from Lowe's now and can be ordered in custom sizes. I could do a whole house for $750. Just all depends on quality and type of blind ordered. I also serviced what I sold way down the road when cord or component problems arise if at all. They usually carry a guarantee from mfg. I was my clients best guarantee. I stood behind what I sold.

Bonnie D.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 164 Nov 19, 2014 12:23 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America