Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Gardening by the Moon: Moon Calendar, April 2010

Communities > Forums > Gardening by the Moon
bookmark
Forum: Gardening by the MoonReplies: 4, Views: 111
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

March 23, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7651163

Here it is, the April 2010 calendar to continue planting with the moon's benefits !

1st-3rd. Good Days For Planting Beets, Carrots, Radishes, Turnips, Peanuts, And Other Root Crops. Also Good For Cabbage, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Kale, Celery, And Other Leafy Vegetables. Start Seedbeds.

4th-5th. Barren Days. Do No Planting.

6th-8th. Favorable Days For Planting Beets, Carrots, Turnips, Radishes, Onions, And Other Root Crops.

9th-10th. Excellent Time To Kill Weeds, Briars, Poison Ivy, And Other Plant Pests.

11th-13th. Favorable Days For Planting Root Crops, Extra Good For Vine Crops. Set Strawberry Plants.

14th-15th. Poor Planting Days. Break Ground Or Cultivate.

16th-17th. 18th-19th. Poor Days For Planting, Seeds Tend To Rot In Ground.

20th-21st. Plant Tomatoes, Beans, Peppers, Corn, Cotton, And Other Above Ground Crops On These Most Fruitful Days. Plant Seedbeds. Start Flower Gardens.

22nd-25th. Grub Out Weeds, Briars, And Other Plant Pests.

26th-28th. First Two Days Good For Planting Corn, Melons, Squash, Tomatoes, And Other Above Ground Crops. Last Day Favorable For Planting Root Crops. All Days Favorable For Sowing Grains, Hay And Fodder Crops, And For Planting Flowers

29th-30th. Good Days For Planting Beets, Carrots, Radishes, Turnips, Peanuts, And Other Root Crops. Also Good For Cabbage, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Kale, Celery, And Other Leafy Vegetables. Start Seedbeds.

Enjoy!
Cristina
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

March 25, 2010
1:53 AM

Post #7654234

Thanks cristina, it's so helpful to have it all laid out.
Do these dates apply no matter where in the world we are?

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 25, 2010
3:52 AM

Post #7654310

I wondered that, too. I downloaded a moon calendar from tomodori for France and it looks a little different from the others I've seen - which also look different from each other! Cristina's is not quite the same as the moon calendar I bought on the web. Maybe the basics are there and I'm just getting confused by the details or the way different people indicate the best times.
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

March 25, 2010
5:03 AM

Post #7654387

I found this one for France http://www.jardinoise.com/pages/page5.asp
I haven't checked to see how they compare yet ... :)

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 25, 2010
10:37 AM

Post #7655095

Check out the one on tomodori.com and see if they're the same. It's on the jardin lunaire (or something similar) thread. Actually, I just compared them and they're very close, but the tomodori calendar doesn't state the hours when the plant cycle passes from flowers to roots to fruits or whatever.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Gardening by the Moon Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Moon calendar? nivlac 13 Jul 11, 2007 5:46 PM
Welcome to the Gardening by the Moon forum dave 67 Dec 27, 2008 6:47 AM
Those who know how to read an almanac defoecat 81 Jul 10, 2007 1:03 AM
Moon Phases threegardeners 9 Jul 11, 2007 9:59 PM
Here's what I'd started last year .. Magpye 24 Jul 21, 2007 4:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America