Looking for Aribibi Gusano (caterpillar pepper) seeds

Smyrna, DE(Zone 7a)

HELP!

I am in need of seeds from the Aribibi Gusano pepper. Anyone have some to share for trade or postage? I have Black Pearl and Brazilian Starfish seeds in exchange.

Kathy in Delaware

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm intrigued by this variety also.. said to have a smoky flavor, I think? I got seeds a few years back but didn't get any to germinate.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Sounds like it would rival the Holy Mole???

Any luck finding them?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think it's way hotter than 'Holy Mole' -- descriptions I found a few years back (as memory serves) made it sound habanero - hot.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Ummmm - smokey flavor AND hot. Sounds great!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Aribibi Gusano: from the Capsicum Database "The 'Caterpillar Pepper' from Bolivia. This variety delivers good yields (up to 30 peppers per plant) of 1 " long by " wide hot peppers which have a strong citrus taste. They mature from light green to yellow cream approximately 90 days after seedlings have emerged. Heat level 9. (Capsicum chinense)"
Arivivi Gusano - See Aribibi Gusano- Reimers offers under this name.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, FarmerDill! I just looked up the PF page, and the comments there also say citrusy, but I thought I remembered "smoky" from the description on my trade seed packet.. of course that could be suspect, as those seeds didn't germinate, LOL.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/83974/

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Also available from www.rainbowchiliseeds.com/catalog/i233.html and www.thechileman.org/growing_list.php?...

North Hills, CA

If you are still looking E Mail me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.