AAhhh..Shh!!!! Gingers are waking up from their winter nap!!

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Whose gingers are waking up?? I have some in my hothouses that didnt go to bed for the winter but the ones outside did.. I found some yesterday waking up...YEA!! I will know soon enough to woke up and who did...
How about ya'll??

Mulberry, FL

Quite a few of mine are about 4 inch there well on there way looked for the curcumas no there lazy there going to lay around a bit more :)

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I planted some someone sent me, but I don't know what they look like when they come up!

Well, I just saw some pix, and what I thought was ginger, is not! Maybe Ladyslipper!

Mulberry, FL

So your saying you don't have ginger? I have a few not like some here have tons hummhumm lol Modene I have small collections of different plants

Thumbnail by Danasplants

I guess my ginger that someone sent me didn't nake it!Wonder if i could find it at Wal*Mart or Lowe's?

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

If you find them at Lowe's or WM you want get anything but the shell gingers. Butterfly Gingers would be better for your zone.

OK. I'll go to Lowe's, they'll come nearer having them, I think.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

this is about two weeks after a few days of rain. they are waking up here.

Thumbnail by candela
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Of course they are coming back, you're in zone 10, not fare.

LOL...

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

How deep should gingers be planted. I'm thinking that might be a problem with me. Mike

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Only a few inches below soil level, Hedychiums can almost go level with the top of the soil.

I have something coming up, but I think it's another lily, mayve an oriental of some kind!

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

almost flowering

Thumbnail by candela

YEA!!! cool..make sure ya keep taking them..lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images