Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Weather: March 2010 - Part 4

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 120, Views: 480
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 29, 2010
1:56 PM

Post #7664825

Only 2 days until March goes away and Spring is already here. Come and tell us about your weather!

We came from here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1082618/

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click the image for an enlarged view.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 29, 2010
1:56 PM

Post #7664827

More pansies.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 29, 2010
1:57 PM

Post #7664834

And another one.

Oops, I forgot to tell about the weather...it's getting warm again, 60F today and sunny.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2010
2:15 PM

Post #7664870

I hope April is dryer than March for us. We are under another flood warning and state of emergency. The rivers are still at full bank level from the deluge 2 weeks ago, now another 3 to 6 inches is predicted. We already have 1.5" and the worst is yet to come.
March was already the wettest month ever with over 13 inches before this storm.
I sincerely hope this trend does not continue into the growing season, last year was a washout.
Andy P
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2010
3:42 PM

Post #7665085

Adinamiti - lovely pansies!

Sarahskeeper - You have certainly had a lot of rain down your way, most of which missed the down east coast of Maine. We can use the rain. About an inch has fallen today, and was wind driven. I am ready for the power to go out - extra water drawn. have the light from the wood stove to see by to get flashlights going. The tree are whipping back and forth in the wind. Saw one downed tree on the ride home from work.

It has been getting warmer since I got home - was in the upper 30's now in the upper 40's

48 F
Overcast
Windchill: 40 F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 45 F
Wind: 28 mph from the South

Wind Gust: 41 mph
Pressure: 29.86 in (Falling)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds:
Mostly Cloudy 1000 ft
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 29, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #7665200

Andy, feel free to send any surplus rain to me. It hasn't rained here in over three weeks.

Fabulous car pictures, E_B! I especially liked the first one. You don't see junk cars around here. I don't think there is any ordinance around here concerning junk cars but people here in town don't have big enough yards to keep something like that around. Out in the country, anything that lays around too long will eventually get burned up. I guess we have kind of a self-cleaning countryside. ;-)

Nice pansies, Adina. Those were probably my favorite flower when I was a kid. Thanks for explaining the Dracula thing, too.

Hearing worms eat made me think of something really nasty (WARNING: grossness ahead) - hearing caterpillars poop. One time we were up at camp during a bad spell of gypsy moths and there were so many of them that you could hear their poop falling like a very light rain. O.K. Let's move along.

My dad has a 1961 Oldsmobile and he has classic plates and classic car insurance, both of which are really cheap as long as - as Bernie said - he drives less than x miles per year.

some hiking pictures from today
The wild oats is going to seed, which means that it won't be long until it turns brown. (Those @$%# non-native annual grasses!)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 29, 2010
4:34 PM

Post #7665222

Oh, yeah, the weather. (Duh, Kelli!)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on March 29, 2010
77 F
Clear
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 36 F
Wind: 12 mph from the SSE

This makes me laugh.

Whereas high temperatures are currently running in the 70s and
80s... high temperatures by Thursday will have dropped 20 to 30
degrees and rise only into the 50s. Such high temperatures would
be below normal even if this was a January day rather than the
first of April. In addition... gusty winds in many areas will cause
conditions to feel even colder due to the wind chill. The use of
winter Coats and perhaps umbrellas would fool anyone into
believing that April first was really a Winters day.

It's easy to see why this is called small-flowered fiddleneck.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 29, 2010
4:35 PM

Post #7665234

The one floret that is fully open shows why this is called owls clover.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 29, 2010
4:36 PM

Post #7665247

scarlet pimpernel

Thumbnail by Kelli

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2010
4:37 PM

Post #7665248

The hood ornament is a Flying Lady. I think the only reason it's still there is because the back part is broken ff and missing.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 29, 2010
4:52 PM

Post #7665313

Here's another video. It's the same ol' Kanan Road, but it's bright and the color is good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99ZN1lf3ZY

Ric, I think you'll know that answer to this one. How should I clean my camera lens? The instruction book says to not use alcohol but it doesn't say anything else.
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2010
5:05 PM

Post #7665343

I'm amazed how long Sarah my dog can 'hold it' lol. She gets flustered when the rain makes noise on the roof.
We hit 2 " around sunset. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to avoid what is normally a 50 minute drive. The fireplace is dripping again, a wallpaper soaking tray is catching most of it and a towel is on the hearth to soak up the rest. The tray caught 4 gallons in the storm 2 weeks ago.
Chatting with a store owner during the last storm about the flooding, he brought me to the basement door. There was 4 feet of water down there. He said he had removed the toilet years ago and capped the drain, the pressure popped the cap off. Lots of stock was ruined and the clean up cost... He may have to do it again.
Folks with a septic system are stuck, don't flush. It reminds me of the old adage "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down", lol.
Nice fiddleneck, Kelli.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2010
5:25 PM

Post #7665411

Currently 65 and sun is setting. Rest of week will be sunny and in 70s and 80s. Rain Friday night and Saturday.

Mavericks lost again last night 2-1. It was a close game. Both teams frustrated because they couldn't get anywhere. A few more games this week and depending on how many they win they may or may not go further.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 29, 2010
5:43 PM

Post #7665464

Adina: I love the "faces" on pansies!
Andy: I am so sorry about all the rain and flooding you have been experiencing in your area. It's when we lose access to our modern conveniences that we really learn to appreciate them! So sad about the shop owner losing his merchandise, too.
Kelli: "this junk car will self-destruct in 60 seconds". LOL Is that what you mean by "self-cleaning"? I, too, laughed at the description of the temperature highs and lows and was thinking, "Huh?"

It was a lovely day here with a high of 67F and the humidity was a low, low, low 29%. That is practically unheard of around here! It also means that things are dry, in spite of recent rain in some areas. I heard that the Forest Service is conducting a controlled burn of 16,000 acres just to the west of Little Rock. There is a big brown cloud on the horizon over there. What are they thinking and in these dry conditions?!!! How do you do a "controlled burn" of 16,000 acres, anyway? Of course, the newscaster could have made a mistake. It could be 16 acres instead of 16,000. LOLOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 29, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7665591

Kelli I use a micro-pore cloth and rarely a lens cleaning solution.
It's specially made for cameras.
Kodak makes a good cleaning cloth.
Usually I just breath on the lens and then use the micro.
Ah the scarlet pimpernel. Love that one!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 30, 2010
6:26 AM

Post #7666498

It's very windy out there now. Rain and snow on the way.

57.2 F with 67 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 15 F
Wind: 7.0 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 21.0 mph
Pressure: 29.54 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

I passed up these pansies at Lowe's and am kicking myself. I may have to go back today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 30, 2010
6:40 AM

Post #7666556

Love the pansies Adina!! One of my favorite flowers. I planted a bunch of pansy seeds, they should be starting to come up here pretty soon.

I haven't downloaded my pics yet from my dad's visit, Dave's too dizzy to drive anywhere so I had to go to Wal Mart yesterday after work, then after dinner then talking to my mom, it was bedtime!! I'm going to get some new pics of the garden and beds this evening when I get home from work, then actually download them! LOL

So today we are supposed to be sunny, a little breezy, and 74*! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 30, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #7667020

Sunny, Bright, Breezy - climbed the ladder to inspect the damage on the shed roof - it is dented in where the guys the DW hired to paint it walked - standing water, will not try to repair until it dries.

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

March 30, 2010
2:06 PM

Post #7667647

It's beautiful here today... though it's windy the temp is 80!!!! & of course it's SUNNY!! I've been able to do a little gardening today!! Can't wait to do more!
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2010
2:56 PM

Post #7667797

This is the worst flooding in 50 years. The National Guard has been called up. Traffic reports are for road closures rather than backups.
A nearby housing project.

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper

ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2010
3:29 PM

Post #7667861

DG has so much information. I never thought I would learn such things as you can hear worms eat and caterpillars poop! My education must be complete now.

Kelli - I have rain to spare, and am more than happy to share.

Sarahskeeper - not as much rain up here, but still plenty, there was 2.09 in the gauge this morning at 7 a.m. and rain on/off during the day with heavy rain, and high wind warnings for the night. Also possible coastal flooding at the high tide tonight. It is almost up to 50 though.

Love the pansies!
current weather
48 F
Overcast
Windchill: 44 F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 46 F
Wind: 10 mph from the East

Wind Gust: 18 mph
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2010
6:43 PM

Post #7668233

A perfect day here today. High of mid 70s with a strong wind.

Ritchie Brothers had their auction today and we worked concession for it. Good turnout and great food. The guys doing the grilling were loving the weather as long as the wind didn't blow the smoke in their eyes. They were a bit sore at the end of the day from the smoke but no complaints from them.

My truck goes to mechanic on Friday. He will test drive it and see what it's doing and go from there.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:43 PM

Post #7668506

Hi, guys! Perfect weather here, 70F, sunny .I'm posting a few pics from my garden.
The daffs are almost ready to bloom!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:44 PM

Post #7668509

The purple hyacinth too.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:45 PM

Post #7668513

This one is blooming!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:45 PM

Post #7668515

The white hyacinth.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:46 PM

Post #7668519

Moonvine popping up from a seed...yiipeeee!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:47 PM

Post #7668523

Red MGs.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7668525

UFO MGs.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
8:50 PM

Post #7668527

The plants I have on my window in the livingroom...the pots with the seeds I started are there too!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 30, 2010
11:47 PM

Post #7668671

Celia, congratulations for the new arborvitae! I saw Master Monty showed
the yesterday's lesson ...stretching!LOL Nice car!
Ric, glad you fish are well!
Crissy, why is Dave too dizzy?
Dyson, what were you doing up on that ladder? You are grounded for 2 days in bed!LOL
Sally, our gravel way is in bad shape too. Great sunrise!
Andy, sorry you have so much trouble with floods this year. I hope the rain stops soon.
Ledge, your tomatoes are ready to be planted outside, wow! I don't think other languages are using so many abreviations as English American!
Mau, that must have been a disaster if 16,000 acres of forest were burnt!
E_B, amazing painted old cars! I had to look better to see if it wasn't your Photoshop work!LOL
Kelli, great pics! Look, I have the Scarlet Pimpernel on my field too!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 31, 2010
6:02 AM

Post #7668947

Adina, Crissy's Dave is always dizzy. LOL (I kid...)

Great pics, Adina. I love the MG leaves.

Sarah, eeek! on the flooding. Is it affecting you, as well?

Ledge, I keep learning things here, too. The education is never complete. LOL

45 for the high today. Snow and rain mixing with the dust from yesterday. Ick.

Anemone opening.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 31, 2010
7:25 AM

Post #7669135

Had to dig out some 'boo so we didn't get a lot done but here's the first wall.
Sheated and Papered.
The rest will go fairly quickly.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 31, 2010
8:36 AM

Post #7669273

7:30am~daylight and a nice long day ahead. Sunset will be 8:41.
Temp 32*F going up to 40's. Every day now it gets into the 40's and the roof is nearly clear of snow. Yesterday it dripped like rain. The driveway has patches of bare ground. Not so anywhere else, yet. Over a foot of snowcover and gardening waits for a few more weeks.
Too far behind for comments; but did catch up on news/photos.
Posted elsewhere a few days ago~moose in the background, my gson in foreground; taken Sunday. The moose have here frequently as they look for browse at the end of winter.

Thumbnail by kiska

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 31, 2010
10:02 AM

Post #7669493

You guys and gals are a chatty bunch--LOL! I've been watching the news reports about the rain and flooding in several states in the Northeast U.S. What a shame and what a lot of damage!
Celia: sorry about the rain/snow/wind!
Dyson: Adina is right--you are grounded for 2 days! No climbing ladders for you!
Pepper: good luck with the truck.
Ledge: LOL--nothing dull around here and we get an education, too!
Adina; nice flowers!
Ric: you and Robyn always have a project going!
Kiska: handsome grandson--the moose--well not so much! LOL

Unseasonably warm and also windy, today:
# Today: Sunny with gusty winds. Warm. High 82F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph.
# Tonight: Mainly clear skies. Low 53F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 31, 2010
10:25 AM

Post #7669547

Beautiful day!
74 SUN!!
All windows are open in the house. In with nice fresh air & out with stale winter air.
Got to make a long trip today with many stops.
Have 2 helpers coming tomorrow. Man will help plant potatoes, the gal will clean up flower beds. Trim old plants, etc.
I plan on having super looking beds this year. Last year was kind of lost. Never weeded a couple beds.
Also going to change the pond to a waterfall, stream, & bigger pond. (Ric, Help!)
Talked to a person at a home show that will make up the liners for me. Most wouldn't do that unless they did the whole job.
Bernie
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 31, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #7669575

LOL Celia!! That's true too! Adina, Dave is dizzy because his allergies have him congested behind his ears, kinda like what happened with me a few weeks ago when my left ear was ringing constantly and my right ear was so plugged up I couldn't hear a thing out of it. Thank goodness I wasn't dizzy, but I'm not as likely to get dizzy as he is (sorry all you boys here, had to be said! LOL)

Celia I saw a Vette like yours on the freeway this morning and it looked sharp in all it's yellow glory, then he had to slow down for traffic, then came the plummet of smoke from the exhaust. BUM he should have bought a cherry instead of a banana.

Mau already posted the weather here for today. We're expecting an outbreak of severe weather Friday late evening and night and tornadoes are in the forecast. I'm already starting to freak out, I should have never looked at that forecast. Ug.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 31, 2010
1:51 PM

Post #7670014

Cherry instead of banana...heh heh heh

Breathe, Crissy!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 31, 2010
3:34 PM

Post #7670237

Adina~the pansys are so pretty~
Just went out to take a pic of the snow nearly gone off the roof.
It's 44*F, sunny and windy so it's just great for snow melting.
ric~your project is looking good.
CG~hard to imagine planting potatoes-seems "just yesterday" your yard was snow covered, too. I like the plans for waterfall/pond, sounds so nice and relaxing once it's in place.
kwanjin~loved the baby outfit~fun to be shopping for newborns, especially when you're the gramma:)
hi marsue~
crissyr~hope Dave feels better and doesn't get any worse.
ledge~I love the photos ~ I'd love to see that part of the country someday.
Not much snow left on the roof~this afternoon~

Thumbnail by kiska

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 31, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #7670280

Warm at 77 degrees with strong breeze. T shirts all day. LOL. Been pulling some chickweed that all of a sudden took over my gardens this year and moved some plants from under the eaves of the house into the sunshine. Temps aren't gonna be cold enough for them to need protection.

Off to arena to watch Mavericks on big screen.
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7670303

Hi All

The rain finally moved out this afternoon and there was this bright orb in the sky and it was so pleasant for a couple of hours! Total rainfall for this latest rain event was 3.02 inches. Supposed to be warmer for the weekend and sunny too. Hopefully everything will start to take off.

Adinamatti - I must have "miss typed" or had a brain cramp. Can't plant tomatoes out side here until June. But the ones I have started in the house are doing well - they are touching the grow lights - so tomorrow I will raise the lights a bit.

52 F
Overcast
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: Calm

Pressure: 29.90 in (Rising)
Clouds:
Mostly Cloudy 3500 f
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 31, 2010
6:21 PM

Post #7670598

Kiska House emerges from it's cocoon! Yay!

We hit 73 here today.
Hazy sun but still got a good tanning!
Almost switched to shorts. Did switch to sandals!

Picked thru our pile o'windows and found one that suits the Shed.
Ran out of lumber or the wall framing would be done.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2010
4:46 AM

Post #7671370

54 overnight again! We hit 79 yesterday and will be close to it today. Yesterday was perfect weather. Hot sun, warm breeze and thin clouds. We took the boys home after getting groceries and ate dinner before getting outside.I turned the smaller garden and DH raked down the clods. I planted peas, but nothing else yet. My cabbage seeds sprouted and the tomatoes are starting. (In the house.)

No April Fools here, well, maybe just me :o)

My East garden. The asparagus bed and cucumber fence area dried already. I turned it too.

Thumbnail by billyporter

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2010
5:56 AM

Post #7671464

Kiska: hooray--spring is coming to Palmer!
Pepper: We had a warm day here, too--up to 80F!
Ric: don't you think that is taking the "open air" concept a little too far!? LOL
Ledge, I am glad that the rain has stopped up there in the northeast! What a mess it is in so many states in that area!
Sally: Yum! I can taste those fresh veggies, now!!

Today--more of the same as yesterday--
# Today: Sunny to partly cloudy. Warm. High 82F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
# Tonight: Partly cloudy. Low 56F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

I'm having lunch today with Charlotte--another central Arkansas DGer. We are meeting to trade some plants. :o))
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7671658

Kiska you have a gorgeous house! I love that blue and white, my favorite!

I'm breathing Celia! I'm breathing!!

LOL It did look like a banana, a banana boat!

Mau have a great lunch with Charlotte! Tell her I love her!

Here's what's growing in my veggie garden:

This is either chives or cilantro but it's not doing good at all, so I'm going to remove the peat moss things and start all over this weekend.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:32 AM

Post #7671664

The next row back, either cilantro or chives, I planted one in the front row and one in the middle row and don't remember which I planted where! LOL I'm going to start over with these too, they haven't grown at all.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:32 AM

Post #7671665

Peas!

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:33 AM

Post #7671667

Red Potato!

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:33 AM

Post #7671668

Broccoli!

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:35 AM

Post #7671673

This side houses green beans that haven't started growing yet (it's been about 3 weeks since we planted the seeds too,) red potatoes, broccoli, I think yellow squash, and carrots. Dave said something about cauliflower last night but I don't know where he planted it.

Thumbnail by crissyr

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2010
7:35 AM

Post #7671674

Yesterday, it hit up to 82* wow! I let my dogs out all day and leave kitchen french door open for dog need water...

Red pansies...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:36 AM

Post #7671678

This side of the garden houses corn, cilantro, chives, and peas. The middle section doesn't have anything there yet.

Thumbnail by crissyr

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2010
7:36 AM

Post #7671679

Crissy,

How deep the potatoes you plant in soil?
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7671693

Wow Rusty, love that pansy! I think mine are starting to come up, I planted seeds on March 20th.

One row of the corn!

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:40 AM

Post #7671696

I have no idea Rusty, Dave planted them when I was at work. They moved though, let me find the pic...
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #7671712

Here we go. I think he accidentally planted the potatoes, then forgot that he planted them and planted something else on top of them. They were in a row and now they're kind of everywhere LOL

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #7671715

I'm thinking those are yellow squash?

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #7671720

Here's where the garden is situated in the yard.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #7671724

Here's a closer pic.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #7671730

We still need a gate. That's all I have so far.

Thumbnail by crissyr

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2010
11:22 AM

Post #7672204

Yes, you do need a gate. It'll help keep me..I mean... the bunnies out! Lookin' good! Heh heh heh

Rusty, I love your pansies! Very pretty!

Snow. Again. Still. 43 for the high.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 1, 2010
12:13 PM

Post #7672297

Check this out.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1084848/
kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 1, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #7672777

Thanks for the link, CG ~check it out, good reading~
42*F
Overcast
kwanjin~winter again so soon?
loved seeing the new growth, and plans for spring construction, crissyr.
Rusty~that's a gorgeous pansy-glad the puppies are loving spring weather.
Just looked at my electric bill and the average temps for each month.
Last July had the highest temps with an average of 60*F; that's one reason for the success of cool weather crops and less success with veggies that need warmer weather.
Another pic of the retreating snow.

Thumbnail by kiska

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
5:19 PM

Post #7672899

Yes it was good reading.. I thought I got on the wrong site!!! I even put my weather conditions in my space just in case I got lost... which I did!!! Must be the warm temps we're getting..in the high 70's!! Very windy..due for a storm tomorrow possible tornadoes.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
5:58 PM

Post #7673048

Rusty the potatoes are buried 8 inches deep.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2010
6:09 PM

Post #7673080

My word Kiska it looks as if the snow is off the mountain too!
WOW!

81 here today.
I'm sunburned and whipped! lol!

Tomorrow we start the rafter trusses.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7673094

I'm lost! Someone wanted Tulip Magnolia seeds and I can't find them. ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2010
6:29 PM

Post #7673134

Hit a high of 80 today with strong winds and sun. Under a wind advisory til 9pm. Strong storms coming in tomorrow. Slight risk of severe storms.

Found out today that I'm leaking tranny fluid. My parents found a couple spots in the driveway where there was huge stains. It was my tranny fluid. So now we will have to add quite a bit tomorrow so we can drive it to the tranny guy. Gonna be a 30 minute drive assuming truck doesn't stall out or something. I can't wait til the stupid thing is fixed. lol. If the guy does a good job then this summer hopefully I can get the tranny on the truck I'm driving now fixed. Yeah, it's bad too. That's why it's our backup truck. LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2010
6:45 PM

Post #7673170

Here you go Celia!
This may cheers you up... hmmm... or make you madder ;-)

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7673181

Mutants

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2010
10:10 PM

Post #7673504

LOL No, Ric. That cheered me a little. :-) Half of the snow in the pics has melted.

Monty says, "No more snow, please."

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2010
4:26 AM

Post #7673690

63 and breezy! It will be getting colder all week. I hope it rains tonight because I planted spinach yesterday. I'm debating the radish and turnips.

Adina, your pansies are beautiful everytime I open the thread.

I enjoyed everyone's pictures!

Chrissy, you have a nice garden going!

Rusty, those are the best red pansies I've ever seen!

Chrissy, you have a great yard!! A great fenced in garden!! And you have grapes!!

Celia, at least the least spring snows melt fast. I hope!

Bernie, I wondered about Dave's April Fools jokes the other day. I'll have to admit, just for a minute I was fooled! And dismayed.

Kiska, I love your house! Spring comes to you at last!

Cindylove, LOL! It was a confusing thread :o)

Chrissy, you plant potatoes pretty deep. I go 4'' and hill them. I love your raised rows.

Ric, I see you're storing the ladders in the shed already!

Aawww Pepper, danged old truck anyhow!

Ric, how beautiful! I want white daffodils! Interesting mutants :o)

Where's Monty? He was here just a minute ago!

Well, it feels good to be a ble to catch up. Sorry to those I missed commenting on. I was trying not to write my usual book.

Kiska, I found him! I had to rub his belly so he would sit in my hand long enough for a picture and he never peed on me! I set him in the compost pile.

In the hole...

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2010
4:26 AM

Post #7673691

Out of the hole.

Thumbnail by billyporter

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 2, 2010
5:43 AM

Post #7673819

I had a worker cleaning my beds yesterday. She did a wonderful job.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 2, 2010
5:44 AM

Post #7673821

more Crocus

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #7673935

Billy you have a toad! I haven't seen Harry yet, last year he was about that size but had red on him. Wonder where the little scoundrel went...

Neither me nor Dave have ever done potatoes before, I've never done a garden before, but I told Dave to let a red potato shrivel and grow eyes but he said that doesn't work, so I bought a package at HD and it said to plant them 8" deep. They were all on top of the hill, which is 8" tall, but somehow they all moved around, I think he planted them and forgot and planted something else, like yellow squash or something, on top of them.

Yay!! Your stuff is coming up! Woo Hoo!!

Ug Pep, I'm so sorry about your transmission, that sucks, but hopefully not too expensive to fix, hopefully just a gasket but I know those can be expensive in labor to take everything apart, put the gasket on straight, and put everything back together.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2010 8:49 AM

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 2, 2010
7:30 AM

Post #7674042

BP, how cute is he? LOL

Bernie, your beds are looking great!

31.5 F with 45 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 32 F
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 17 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.07 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 4500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 6000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 7000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 2, 2010
7:57 AM

Post #7674120

Crissy, don't matter how deep the potatoes are, just mound dirt up on the plants as they grow. Don't want any of the little potatoes growing without being covered.

Yesterday, 84.
Town close to us set a record for high temperature for April 1, 81.
Low overnight, 61.
Forecasting rain later today. Still windy from the south.
Good day to work in the shop. Going to plant carrots first.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2010
10:54 AM

Post #7674455

What's funny is Dave didn't think they grew a plant on top, he thought that they just get bigger underground and you have to guess when to dig them up. I'll have to look to see how you can tell by the plant when they're ripe.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 2, 2010
11:05 AM

Post #7674483

They will grow, then bloom, & when the plant starts drying up, dig them babies. You can dig anytime after bloom if you want nice young potatoes.
The little, fresh ones go real good cooked with peas.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2010
11:27 AM

Post #7674526

That certainly looks good! YUM!!
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2010
12:55 PM

Post #7674699

I can't believe it's Friday... as hubby came home early from work so it always throws me off my time schedule! hahahaha.
It's georgous outside..sunny, still windy.. temps are around 71.
I saw a flock of Cedar Waxwings eating the leaves off of an ash tree..so got busy & took some photos!! They are beautiful & I've never seen them here before...I wonder if they are migrating northward?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 2, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7674815

Yum!
Great day here, sunny, 70F, clear sky, no wind!
Another daff to cheer you up!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 2, 2010
1:47 PM

Post #7674820

More pansies... I have these 2 I planted the other day.
First.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 2, 2010
1:48 PM

Post #7674821

The other one was ripped off by the strong wind we had yesterday.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 2, 2010
1:49 PM

Post #7674824

A hyacinth in the sun.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 2, 2010
1:50 PM

Post #7674825

Aubrieta is blooming big time!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 2, 2010
1:53 PM

Post #7674834

I had an awerful day off today...went to town (Bucharest) to my mom's and to buy some dough cakes for Easter and it was so crowded. It took us 3 hours to get there and to come back home...ugh! Now I have just finished cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, washing the floors, getting back the curtains up...tomorrow I'm working in the morning. I'm off to bed!
Someone is building a nest!LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2010
1:59 PM

Post #7674845

Ug Adina I love the pics! Very nice!! I hate it when the traffic is so bad it takes 3 hours to do something that should have taken 30 minutes! Have a great nights sleep and a great Easter if I don't see you tomorrow!
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2010
2:11 PM

Post #7674874

Oh Adina.. I am so sorry.. I dislike traffic too... what is the time difference from you to me?? I am Central time zone.

Hope you sleep well... I have to play (hand bells) in three Easter services this weekend, so it's almost like work! hahahaha
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 2, 2010
4:31 PM

Post #7675177

Adina, I was wondering if you had scarlet pimpernel. You had told me that you had winter vetch, which isn't native to here, and scarlet pimpernel is not native to here, either. We have a lot of things that are not native to here, but for some reason, scarlet pimpernel seemed like something that you might have. The flowers in your yard are very pretty. By now, does it seem like a lifetime ago since you lived in the apartment?

Ric, what is the name of the first daffodil that you posted yesterday? Thanks for the camera cleaning info. I went to the camera store and got a little kit that they made up that contains the cloth, cleaning fluid, a brush, and a squeeze bulb air blower thingy.

Kiska, your house looks very Californian. Other than the snow, it could be right across the street from me.

Sally, the toad is cute. He looks so patient.

Pepper, good luck to your hockey team. A week or so ago there was a Dodgers vs Royals spring training game on t.v. Greinke pitched. I don't remember what happened, but I think the Royals won. The Dodgers have been pretty sad in spring training.

We didn't get that rain and cool weather they were calling for. It did cool down, but it isn't like January. We could have used the rain, though.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on April 02, 2010
65 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: 10 mph from the South

pictures from today
Chinese houses

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 2, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #7675179

bush lupine

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 2, 2010
4:33 PM

Post #7675182

tidy tips

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 2, 2010
4:33 PM

Post #7675184

twining snapdragon

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 2, 2010
4:35 PM

Post #7675189

42*F sunny
Just look at all the pretty flower pics~loved them all.
A toad~not so sure about:))
Ric~it's an optical illusion~the snow is all the way down the mt. By late August, it will be gone- in early September, it's back~~
CG~happy planting and great harvest when the time comes.
cindylove~you will be busy-but how beautiful it will be.
hello all and have a wonderful Easter weekend.
Ready to soak up the sun~

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 2, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7675194

crossed kelli~your flower pic are beautiful-
Our house was built in 1978 and was one of just a handful of new homes at the time. It has a full basement, which was something we'd never seen.
Since then, thousands of homes have been built.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 2, 2010
4:42 PM

Post #7675203

I guess I won't see it across the street after all. No one has a basement here. Does your house have a metal roof? If so, is it noisy when it rains? One of these years, we're going to have to get a new roof and I'd like to get something more fire-resisitant than the asphalt shingles we have now.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2010
5:07 PM

Post #7675265

High of low 60s today with rain off and on. Headed to 40s tonight.

Had strong storms this morning with 70 mph winds. Lots of semis blown over, roofs damaged, power poles and trees blown over. It didn't stay long in an area since the storm moved at 65 mph but it left an imprint. Funny thing is when it hit here id lasted maybe a minute at the most. Hard rain, strong wind then boom done. I was extremely disappointed. LOL

Truck didn't go to shop today. My brother couldn't get ahold of the guy so he said to forget it. We are taking it to Certified Transmission over the weekend. They have worked on all of my trucks including this one and they do a great job. They will call after they look at it next week and let us know what needs to be done.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 2, 2010
7:11 PM

Post #7675563

Kelli sounds like the kit I have.
Works great!
I have to get two new lens caps.
Both came up missing after the Krohn trip.
Must have fallen out of my pocket.
Lovely Blooms!

Most metal roofs these days are laid over a sheathed roof.
The OSB or Plywood deadens all the sound.
Love the old barn tin roof rain sounds!

Pepper it will be HERE tomorrow.
Late afternoon they are saying.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2010
8:42 PM

Post #7675780

62 F this evening after a high of 85F this afternoon! It only got to 82F yesterday. We had very few days in the 80's all last summer. Highs will drop back into the 60's and 70's through next week.

ric...Your shed is coming along nicely! What are you going to side it with.

Kelli...A lot of people in this part of the country are going with the metal roofs. They are great in areas with heavy snowfall. Those Tidy Tips are cool.

Kiska...Looks like your snow is on the way out. We still have snow here where it's drifted in spots in fields with northern exposure.

early_bloomer
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 2, 2010
9:05 PM

Post #7675867

We haven't decided on the final cladding for the Shed.
Depends on how it looks when it's finished, finances and what it cries out for...
Some designs just call out for a certain style... this one is a bit eclectic.

The back will just be paneling as it can't be seen... lol!

Clouds moving in...
Ric

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2010
4:18 AM

Post #7676323

47 and we had rain yesterday. I weeded the flower beds and cut back the siberian iris since it was laying on the fern peonies. The grass got greener almost immediatly!

Great pictures!!
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2010
4:57 AM

Post #7676377

Good morning. I was reading here last night and getting ready to post and the power went out! No apparent reason, other than maybe because it was a Friday night and someone who started their weekend at noon might have had a little too much liquid refreshment and hit a power pole. That happens a lot around here. Best to stay off the roads after dark. DG is becoming a habit and I was getting a nervous twitch last night because I couldn't get on line.

Dense fog warnings at night now, and last night could hear the fog horn and it must have been Bar Harbor. Sound travels amazingly in the right weather conditions. The fog horn is a such a mournful sound. Makes one appreciate being home by the fire. A bank of fog has just moved in here at the house. I like to watch it move through the trees.

Kiska - that is still an awful lot of snow! Happily the snow is gone here! Your woods look just like mine.

Pepper - do you get tornadoes? What do you do about having a safe place to go?

Henry - I grew up in a house with a tin roof, and hadn't thought of the sound of rain on the roof for a long time. It is a great sound.

On basements - here I have a 2/3 rds basement because I am built into the ledge - the 2/3 part is cement and dry and usable then there is a concrete wall about 2 feet tall and the remaining 1/3 is filled with crushed rock. OK for storage and it is low enough so a short person, like me can walk on it and stand up straight. A regular full basement would have involved explosives and that was not in the budget.

There is supposed to be record high temps in land today, doubt that it will get too warm here because of the fog. The plan is to be outside in the garden all day.

39 F
Overcast
Windchill: 33 F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 39 F
Wind: 9 mph from the South

Pressure: 30.16 in (Steady)
Visibility: 0.5 miles
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2010
5:23 AM

Post #7676411

Ledge, your underpinnings sound like our house. The land slopes, so there is not even room for a crawl space under the back of the house, but there is a dug cellar under the two front original rooms. The house was built about 1847, from what we have learned. When a bathroom was added about 30 years ago (by the previous owners) they added a basement that connects to the cellar. It has a concrete floor. We have pictures of the house with no porch (about 1900), an open one with columns (about 1945), and a small screened porch (1997, when we bought the place). We added a big porch two years ago. It has a concrete floor, block and stone veneer foundation walls, and an entrance to what can serve as a storm shelter. We have no interior rooms, so that was needed.
There was a tornado that crossed central Kentucky about a year ago, and though there were two touchdowns in our county, none were near our home. The storm did drop debris on our property, though. We found a sheet of plywood and plastic soffit trim as well as a receipt that had come about 45 miles from a nearby county where several houses were destroyed and one person was killed. Those storms are powerful!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7676474

Ledge, the foghorn and ''home by the fire'' sounds wonderful! Just watching the fog creep in is a neat thing.

Sunfarm, how wonderful to have old photos of your house. I'm glad you didn't get hit and glad you have a shelter to go to.

We have tornados here in the Midwest and I would love to have a basement, but I don't. A few years ago a small tornado passed thru town a block and a half from us. Another passed three miles out in the country and another another mile from it. We were at the back door listening, but never heard a train. I felt the air pressure change and thought it was weird. I slowly closed the door feeling a little creeped out.. We had no idea it had happened till we drove around town. A friend in the country and her husband were just headed for the storm shelter outside when that tornado rolled the trailor. She was killed. Powerful is right.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #7676541

Course now we are looking at the storm rolling thru.
It's currently about 1-2 hours out and loosing strength.
BUT as the temps rise...

Ric
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 3, 2010
7:43 AM

Post #7676665

The storm last night wasn't near what it was supposed to be, thank God! I guess it tore up Oklahoma pretty good, saw pics on The Weather Channel this morning. It came rumbling through but it wasn't severe at all, and I've noticed that it's not severe this morning either. When they did Local on the 8's they took the severe outlook completely out of the equation. I'm thinking the temperature behind the front didn't drop but a few degrees and that's not enough to stir up severe storms, plus it wasn't humid here at all last night. I haven't been outside yet this morning but plan on going here in a bit.

Right now it's Partly Cloudy and 54*

Today it's going to be mostly sunny and a high of 77 with a real feel of 81, 5mph winds with 10mph gusts from the North East.

Tonight it's going to be clear and a low of 47 with real feel of 51, winds out of the North West at 3mph with 5mph gusts.

Love the pics Kelli!!
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2010
4:14 PM

Post #7677658

Maine can get the rare tornado, they don't last long because of the hills / mountains. The weather is changing enough though that they do seem to happen more frequently.

So - all of you in tornado prone areas please stay safe!!

Record high temps broken all over the state today - it was a spectacular day. Aroostook County is the largest county east of the Mississippi and at the very northern tip of Maine. For Hancock county where I live just two readings, Bar Harbor on the ocean with a record high of 57 and just about 4 miles away at Acadia Ntl Park they broke their record at 77. A 20 degree difference in just a few miles.
. Aroostook County...
Lille 83.0 500 PM 4/3
Caribou WFO 82.0 447 PM 4/3
Masardis 81.0 415 PM 4/3
Dickey 80.0 230 PM 4/3
Fort Kent 79.0 425 PM 4/3
Presque Isle 79.0 455 PM 4/3
Clayton Lake 78.0 325 PM 4/3
Eagle Lake 78.0 425 PM 4/3
Van Buren 78.0 515 PM 4/3
Houlton 77.0 513 PM 4/3
Frenchville 75.0 453 PM 4/3

... Hancock County...
Acadia National Park 77.0 158 PM 4/3
Bar Harbor 57.0 235 PM 4/3
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2010
5:55 PM

Post #7677838

High of mid 60s here today with sun and no wind.

We do get tornadoes here. They are very common and we watch the local news to keep up on tracking them. If they get too close or suddenly our wind starts shifting outside we run down to our basement. Last year I actually saw a wall cloud and watched a storm form when I was at work working in the greenhouse. The wall cloud stayed north of here and hit a town on the other side of the river but the storm was sucking up air near us. And it formed a tail which kept getting bigger til it wrapped around us. It never did anything major though. It got pitch black then did the usual non severe storm and that was it. It was kinda fun to watch it. lol

Mavericks lost the game last night. But they gave Rapid City a run for their money. Went into overtime then eventually lost 7-6. Great game and they played their hearts out.
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2010
6:11 PM

Post #7677876

Only 75 degrees this afternoon, but we had a brief shower and frontal passage. I know it is spring, though. Killed 3 wasps in the house and found a tick on myself that I probably brought in from the yard yesterday.
Yes, the grass is greener--on our side of the fence. I didn't mind DD letting some of the big guys into the yard to graze as long as they left the bird feeders alone.

Thumbnail by sunfarm

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #7677887

Great mowing crew!
Is the one on the far right a mule?

Does sound like they gave it a good run Pepper!

Don't know if it's made the news out there in the World.
A 17 year old HS Student from Cincinnati was killed down in Panama City, FL.
Stupid Spring Break fall off the Balcony accident it appears.
He was a local football star and signed to play w/ Notre Dame.
Top recruit.
Latest breaking news has alcohol involved...

Weather came a went w/ hardly a hit.
Spit rain, bit off wind, gone.
Clear and 60 currently.

This message was edited Apr 3, 2010 9:20 PM
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #7677920

Sharp eye, Ric! That's Beckymule. I guess the ear in profile was a giveaway. The other mule here was out of the picture on the left side. We have 11 of the large quadrupeds here--nine if donkeys don't count.

Thumbnail by sunfarm

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #7677984

Well w/ those ears it was either a Mule or a Kangaroo.
I took a wild guess!

I love Mules. More than Horses actually... though don't let the Brumagen clan hear that.
They are Walker raisers and trainers for generations.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 4, 2010
2:02 AM

Post #7678592

Happy Easter everyone!
It's a wonderful day here, sunny and warm and I already watered the garden.
I had such busy days, but today I'm resting...yiippeeee! Yesterday I cooked after I got home from work and it was almost 10 p.m. when it was all finished. Meanwhile I talked to my DD who requested instructions on how to make the roast lamb and the lamb sour soup .

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2010
3:41 AM

Post #7678645

Happy Easter All!

47 and chilly. We have a chance for rain this afternoon. I have 6/10'' in the guage from Friday. Guess I better dump it.

I was out listening to the hoot owls. One was in our tree, the other just in hearing range and there might have been a third one. By the time I thought to record them this one gave one last hoot and no more :o)

Adina, gorgeous gorgeous eggs!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #7678968

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!

That always happens to me BP.

Nice eggs Adina! Those are gorgeous!

I don't know for sure, I didn't watch it yesterday, but I don't think the storm was severe at all, nothing like they had planned, thank Goodness!

This mule lives in my neighborhood. You can't tell his size here, but he's way taller than a donkey. When he's in the pasture he towers over everything and stands out like a giant.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2010
7:53 AM

Post #7678976

LOL I forgot the weather!

Right now it's overcast and 60*, supposed to be mostly cloudy all day with a high of 80, winds during the day from the South at 7mph with 13mph gusts.

Tonight's supposed to be partly cloudy with a low of 59*, winds from the South at 6mph with 11mph gusts.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 4, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7679108

Happy Easter!
63 Sun. No wind!!
DW is cooking dinner for DS, MIL, & us. Not a big crew.
DD & family went to nursing home SIL grandmother lives in. They have a party room & the whole family is bringing pot luck. (Big family!) His grandmother is 106. His other grandmother died at 102.
Bernie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 4, 2010
3:08 PM

Post #7679688

Sally, thanks! What a cute mule!
The day was great , sunny, 75F, no wind...just perfect! But I had to stay more inside because I wrote an article and had to finish it.

My apricot tree is blooming!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 4, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7680019

High 70s, cloudy and windy. Severe storms off to the east right now. Don't know if more will fire up overnight or not.

Got truck to the shop tonight. My mom followed and ended up with tranny fluid all over the front of her car. When we got to the shop my dad checked fluid and it was empty. I looked under truck and it was pratically pouring fluid on the ground. Should hear from the shop tomorrow as to what is wrong.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2010
7:18 PM

Post #7680171

New thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1085583/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America