Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Woodworking: What Happening ?

Communities > Forums > Woodworking
bookmark
Forum: WoodworkingReplies: 3, Views: 107
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rentman
Frankfort, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2010
8:30 AM

Post #7676743

I'm sure some one is doing some type of project...
I bought this home 3 years ago and it had a hot tub in the enclosed 'sun room'
We are not into 'hot tubing' so I removed it. The tub is 92" square so I had to remove two 5' windows and the wall below. We rolled it out on metal pipes.

Thumbnail by rentman
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rentman
Frankfort, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2010
8:45 AM

Post #7676769

After replacing the windows and insulating the wall, and feeling good about the money from the hot tub, I decided to insulate the ceiling and cover with drywall also the two back walls had only 1/4" plywood so they got the treatment too.
I also took out a window and made an arch from the dinning room into the sun room.
So here I am sanding the drywall. Hooking the sander to the vack. made a much cleaner job.
Now if my wife will only pick the color or the wall and trim...
The room is 13'x26' HUMMMM maybe a pool table ?

Thumbnail by rentman
Click the image for an enlarged view.

raisedbedbob
Walkerton, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2010
3:50 AM

Post #7698768

Nice job, Rentman. I'm on my third house, and for the first time, I don't have to make any changes. Fun to watch somebody else breathe dust. When do we get to see the finished product? If it takes your wife as long as it does mine to pick colors; we're in for a long wait.
rentman
Frankfort, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2010
6:31 AM

Post #7699103

I have a coat of primer on, she shopping for furniture, then she will pick colors.
Only have the one wall, behind me in the pic. and a lot of window trip to the left of the pic.
Dwight

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Woodworking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Woodworkers unite! drdon 104 Mar 26, 2007 11:23 PM
Let's see your shop! drdon 64 Feb 16, 2009 2:15 PM
extreme birdhouses and more from recycled wood cranbrook2 222 Feb 27, 2012 5:37 AM
What woodworking projects are you planning? drdon 24 Sep 2, 2009 3:28 AM
Halloween Projects ezylivin 49 Oct 13, 2009 4:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America