Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mid-South Gardening: Happy Easter!

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 10, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 3, 2010
9:34 AM

Post #7676894

Happy Easter to all of my DG family. I hope everyone has lovely weather...and you find the golden egg with the 100 dollar bill inside ;o) I love you all!

We are going to Mom's for lunch. She is making a dish called Chicken Eden Isle...made with philly cream cheese and anything made with that stuff is good!! Mom found these Easter eggs that talk while the kids are hunting for them. So, we will be hiding and hunting eggs after we eat. Then, the entire family will attend Mass together.

What are your plans?

Thumbnail by duckmother
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 3, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #7677182

Happy Easter Kim. It sounds all so wonderful. Wishing you and yours the happiest of holiday.
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

April 3, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #7677872

Happy Easter!! It will be lunch here tomorrow with a day of fishing and fun.

Thumbnail by obbirds

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 3, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #7677969

Those are the cutest ducks and outfits!! The kids will love the talking eggs!! We're going to church tomorrow morning and tomorrow afternoon Richard's DD, SIL and GD are coming over. I've put together a fun Easter basket for GD and we'll also hide and hunt eggs.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2010
4:05 PM

Post #7679798

WEll, my kids are grown and I have no grand kids, and we didn't do anything special but take a nap today LOL Went to church this morning. My DD is spending the day with her Boyfriend's family, they have small children in their family and hunt eggs and such.

It was a nice day of Rest though.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 5, 2010
5:43 AM

Post #7680916

Well, I am late getting here, but I had a good week end too, I loved the pretty weather and the thunderstorm that rolled through Friday night got the trees opened up !! Pollen, Pollen everywhere now, spring is here !!
tryliv
Booneville, MS

April 5, 2010
5:53 AM

Post #7680934

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! The weather was gorgeous!

Terrye
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 5, 2010
8:25 AM

Post #7681249

I went to church yesterday morning--it was a wonderful and blessed service. Jason and his girlfriend were here for a while in the afternoon. Jason hooked up my new (refurbished) wireless router for me but it turned out that my internet problems lately have not been with my router but with Suddenlink's service. (Do you think they will reimburse me for the router since I really didn't need one?)

Anyway, Jason's son, Zach was away on a 4-H camping week-end so we didn't have any kids here but I'll tell you a story about a time back in the 70's when my kids were little: I hid plastic eggs with candy in them outside in the yard after the kids went to bed the night before Easter. The next morning when they went outside to hunt their eggs, they discovered the dogs had been there first! The dogs opened the eggs and ate all the candy! LOLOL It's a wonder they didn't get chocolate poisoning!

Anyway, we all know that Easter isn't about eggs and bunnies but about the resurrection of our blessed Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Bless His Name! I pray you all were blessed this Resurrection Sunday!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 5, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #7681386

We had a wonderful Easter starting out with Mass at St Matthews. A beautiful old church. Audrey my newest GC was Christened then we had a very large gathering of Ashley's family and Josh's family.(my son). Many egg hunts and Ashley's dad rented a huge blow jumper for the kids.

Thumbnail by Riverland

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2010
6:45 PM

Post #7682767

Beautiful church!
DH 6 year old GD came over and I hid eggs (plastic eggs filled with goodies like play dough, etc) I also found a couple of those talking eggs Kim mentioned her mother had bought. She got a big kick out of them. She also got an easter basket filled with goodies like a dressed up Easter bunny, chicken, candy and more stuff. We had a good time. We went to church that morning. We had a really nice service with special music.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2010
7:08 PM

Post #7682825

LOL Yeah, the adults had almost as much fun with the talking eggs as the kids ;o) I did not realize that you could remove the top and there was a chick inside...very cute!

Pretty church, Cindy. Mass ran over last night...Mom said we were being punished for going to the last service on Easter. lol

The weather was great here as a matter of fact, my oldest nephew went swimming...later he did admit that the water was too cold. Crazy Kid!!!

I am still full from yesterday! So much foooooood and boy, was it goooood!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America